Toying with new character concepts

Tech

Re: Toying with new character concepts

I'm thinking of different hero concepts I may use/create but since I'm only toying with them, I thought I'd ask herodom for suggestions:

Concept 1:

I occasionally create characters based on pictures I find. One such picture is a heroine who is, well, green slime but looks somewhat like a human female. Any ideas on powers for a girl who is basically slime-like?

I remember in one of the 4th ed books there was a villain group called Prism and every member had a name based on the colors of the rainbow (Bluestreak [minibrick, speedster, football player], Purple Haze [psychedelic power]). Green was an aging supermodel and was jealous of younger women. She got involved in some chemical accident that made her into green slime. (Going from memory so I'm not 100% accurate.) She had some stealth abilities with the sfx being the ability to ooze her body through small places. The slime itself was a drain multipower including a COM drain.

Well? Let's see what I can come up with...

For the slime girl I see a blaster type... shooting jets and blobs of goo, laying down goo slicks via change environment, leaping via goo jets,.. the skating on goo thing is good, perhaps like iceman does it... minus the height. Entangles, some minor stretching, and a limited shapeshifting could round it out nicely.

As far as a atypical mentalist, I liked the mental brick idea presented earlier, and some mentioned mental blaster types and otherwise, but I think that makes him those archetypes with a mental sfx versus being a mentalist with something new. As many suggestions have already been made, perhaps something of a different mold is necessary... lessee...

How about a mentalist that operates via The Speed Zone ala the Ultimate Speedster? Rather than using it to land 5000 hits, but use it instead to set up rather mundane problems for the enemy by just taking the time to tie a rope in the right place, park a car in their way, drop a safe (or acme anvil) from on high, etc. etc. Perhaps none of his powers work there. Complemented by some awareness, perhaps a good movement power, and some telekinesis, it could be a lot of fun. Reference Jo-Jo's Bizarre Adventures if you like.

For a matter manipulator, therels always characters like Grunge from Gen 13, or something in the theme of decay. Honestly, my noggin's a bit soft this morning... not much for ideas on this one.

For a psychic guy, I came up with the idea of Polykinesis. Like Telekinesis or Pyrokinesis, except now that you can form blasts (RKA), shapes (Entangles, Force Walls), and move things (Telekinesis) using any element you can imagine. Fire, ice, metal, wood, stone...you got it. You can also play around with the number and forms of the shapes (Autofire, Area Effect, Explosive, Fully Indirect, etc.)

So basically, you buy RKA, Entangle, Force Wall, and Telekenesis with the Advantanges +1/4 Variable SFX (Any Element) and +2 Variable Advantage (+1 Advantage, I believe.)

Oh, my god, I can't believe you mentioned Flex Mentallo.

An obvious parody of Charles Atlas, Flex Mentallo was the most retarded character EVER created. He makes Jesus, the Nuclear Whale look tame.

Here's how it works.

He flexes his muscles, and by doing so, his super strong mind influences others.

Light the crack pipe, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to drop a ton of LSD and see the moving fish police!

And repped!