Pimp Slap

Mightybec

I'd like to give a low powered brick that I'm working on a Pimp Slap type power. It would be a Pre Drain with jestures and incantations, but I'd like to tie it into a slap (punch) too. The brick just uses his strengh in combat (No +HA's) so, would an advantage work to combine the drain with a slap, or do I need to somehow link a slap with the drain?

Mightybec

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a Pimp Slap power, but if your goal is to Drain PRE and use the slap as part of a PRE Attack, as a GM I might have a problem with the mechanics. Specifically, IIRC if you have an attack linked with a defense Drain, the Drain applies -after- the attack. I'd likely make a similar ruling here.

-AA

Just buy it as extra Presense, must follow a Strike (-1/4) OR if it only works on the slapped person, Only vs Individual Struck (-3/4)

Of course, if you are really strong, you might want to tone down the knockback, or you might have to chase them down to do anything with the Presense.

Re: thread title made me bust out laughin

Originally posted by Patriot

The Pimp, and his side kick The Ho

and his base, The den of iniquity

Sorry , Im tired

Personally if I was in his game, he might get a slap for "stupid use of sexist terms thought to be trendy and cool".

Re: Re: thread title made me bust out laughin

Originally posted by umbra

Personally if I was in his game, he might get a slap for "stupid use of sexist terms thought to be trendy and cool".

You're right. The appropriate terms would be "procurer open hand strike", "the female prostitute", and "domicile containing lewd and licivious conduct". So get it right Patriot, you cretin. :rolleyes::P

Re: Re: Re: thread title made me bust out laughin

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

You're right. The appropriate terms would be "procurer open hand strike", "the female prostitute", and "domicile containing lewd and licivious conduct". So get it right Patriot, you cretin. :rolleyes::P

LOL I know, sometimes I get on my soapbox, but I play on-line games and sometimes I get really really tired of peeps using raped, pimp-slapped and other terms.

Re: Re: Re: Re: thread title made me bust out laughin

Originally posted by umbra

LOL I know, sometimes I get on my soapbox, but I play on-line games and sometimes I get really really tired of peeps using raped, pimp-slapped and other terms.

Np, just struck me as funny.

Look at the brightside, the more a term is used the faster it looses its impact value.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: thread title made me bust out laughin

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Np, just struck me as funny.

Look at the brightside, the more a term is used the faster it looses its impact value.

Yeah, but wont that be a sad day when raped looses it's impact? I have a friend who was raped and it grates when peeps use that as a stupid slang term. But don't mind me, I'm sick today so my funny bone has lost it's zip.

Pimp Slap is a particular type of slap, not just a plain old open handed smack but something rather specific. IMHO I'd agree the word use issue is waaaaaay off topic.

In response to your other question: actually, the Puppy Stomping power is pretty simple in HERO, you see once ... [12kb removed by Thought Police]... Then of course the problem is the mess that the little thing leaves behind, I would suggest "Invisible Power Effects" or some form of "Transform Hideous Smudge to Non-Objectionable Biomatter" power in the same pool.

Why's everybody looking at me like that?

Originally posted by Mightybec

Jesus Fu@%ing Christ! How the hell can you correlate a "Slap of Authority" with rape!? I was asking about a power, not an authoritative whine. If I want puppy stomping power advice, then I'll ask for it. If someone doesn't like it, then lurk on.

Mightybec

What Id like to see is an entire custom Pimp Fu. You could have manuevers like:

Pimp Slap, Ho Greeter, Froggy Smax, and the Johnny Meter

(Nerve Strike, Fast Strike, Defensive Strike, Takeaway)

Something along those lines...:D

Originally posted by Edsel

I'd simply link it to your STR since that's what is being used to launch the attack. Either (-1/2) limit if the STR is more Active Points or a (-1/4) limit if the Drain is more Active Points.

I'll assume the STR is worth more since the character was described as a brick:

Pimp Slap: 4d6 Drain PRE, (AP 40); Linked to STR (-1/2), (RC 27).

You could use the option that PD applies if you wanted a slap that has no effect if they're well defended enough to shrug it off:

Pimp Slap: 6d6 Drain PRE, (AP 60); Linked to STR (-1/2), PD applies (-1) (RC 24).

Hoo hoo, check this out.

Negative Presence - A character with negative PRE must make a PRE Roll each Phase to act offensively or remain in the face of anything even remotely threatening.

Originally posted by Snarf

I'll assume the STR is worth more since the character was described as a brick:

Pimp Slap: 4d6 Drain PRE, (AP 40); Linked to STR (-1/2), (RC 27).

You could use the option that PD applies if you wanted a slap that has no effect if they're well defended enough to shrug it off:

Pimp Slap: 6d6 Drain PRE, (AP 60); Linked to STR (-1/2), PD applies (-1) (RC 24).

Hoo hoo, check this out.

Negative Presence - A character with negative PRE must make a PRE Roll each Phase to act offensively or remain in the face of anything even remotely threatening.

That was pure beauty. Thanks.

Mightybec