Isis, take 2

Mark Rand

I had this crazy idea this morning. Tim Clark, who is in the ninth grade, is the alter ego of Isis, who is sometimes known as "The Goddess Supreme".

The only other person who knows this is his widowed 57 year old grandmother, Ruth, the nurse at his high school. (Tim's parents were killed in a car crash when he was ten.)

When he changes for the first time, Tim is very startled by the transformation. Ruth, on the other hand, just raises her eyebrows. (Thirty plus years in nursing tends to make one panic-proof.)

I'm thinking of giving Isis an avian follower, but I don't want to use a crow. Any ideas?

Re: Isis, take 2

I'd go with a raptor.

Nice idea.

It might be a young adult male of its species that flies with Isis and acts as her scout and, occasionally, distracts villains for her.

When she flies faster than the bird can, it simply closes in on her, letting the energy field she generates carry him, too.

Oh, the species, Falco peregrinus.

Guest Major Tom

Up until this thread, I thought that the kunoichi health-care practicioners

were the weirdest idea that I'd ever seen on these boards.

Then, you went and threw this at us.

Is there no madness to which you won't stoop??

Major Tom :eek:

Up until this thread' date=' I thought that the [i']kunoichi[/i] health-care practicioners

were the weirdest idea that I'd ever seen on these boards.

Then, you went and threw this at us.

Is there no madness to which you won't stoop??

Major Tom :eek:

No.

Ranma Isis?

Well, at least s/he's not a Jedi Ninja Slayer trained by Batman. ;)

Close. However, there's no water involved in the transformation. Tim still has to take the amulet out from under his shirt and say, "Oh Mighty Isis," just like on the TV show. To change back, Isis says, "Oh ancient gods of time and space, put my mortal form in his proper place."

Power wise, Isis has a 100 point VPP, OIHID, 0-phase action to change, no roll needed, effects nature only.

His grandmother, is his DNPC, 8-, less powerful, useful skills (nursing), useful contacts (medical professionals).

Did you really just use Dr. Strange and Sailor Moon in the same sentence?

Yes, but only to help explain the power level differences between Isis and Solara.

Isis, in my opinion, is at the same level as Doctor Strange or Superman. Solara, on the other hand, is a sailor scout.

Tim could be a weirdness magnet. I'll start a thread on that tonight.

Guest Major Tom

Yes, but only to help explain the power level differences between Isis and Solara.

Isis, in my opinion, is at the same level as Doctor Strange or Superman. Solara, on the other hand, is a sailor scout.

Tim could be a weirdness magnet. I'll start a thread on that tonight.

Either that or he took a dip in one of the cursed water pools from Ranma 1/2.

Major Tom :D

I may go back to having Tim be Solara's alter ego. Either way, he's going to be a weirdness magnet and run into San Angelo's version of The Charmed Ones. If I do this, Isis will go back to being the alter ego of Andrea Thomas, a high school chemistry teacher.