[Help] Living Flame or How to Create a Body of Fire?

Certified

Just a quick consensus what powers would you put into a hero who was engulfed in flames or who's body was living fire? How many powers would it take to represent his armor? Right now I'm thinking of the following but what am I missing:

EB: Damage Shield

Missie Deflection (Burned Up on Approach)

and Either Heavy Armor or +DCV

Re: Living Flame or How to Create a Body of Fire?

If the body is actually made of Flame, I'd probably go with Desolidification (which gets really expensive since everything would need Affects Physical World) or a combination of Physical/Energy Damage Reduction and FF/Armor.

I'd go with: FF, CEOTA (+1/4);

If I wanted 'immunity to fire': FW 0 PD/X ED: Transparent to physical, Affects heat/cold/fire/ice only, No range, Self only; and replace the damage shield with a linked EB AoE 1 Hex Indirect No Range, continuous, CEOTA.

DF - On fire.

Phys Lim - Sets combustibles on fire, blows up volatiles, starts smoke alarms.

Hunted - watched by fire department

In any game with AP limits of 60-70 or so, I think EB Damage Shields are just about useless. What good is a 6D6 or 7D6 EB Damage Shield against Supers? Nothin'. The only way I can get Damage Shields to be useful at that level is to get a KA, Drain, NND EB or something of that nature.

UNTIL Superpowers Database

Fire and Heat 87 to 96

UNTIL Superpowers Database II

Fire and Heat 57 to 58

Fantasy Hero

Fire Elemental Package 47

Hero Bestiary

Fire Elemental 73 to 74

The Mystic World

Fire Forms 129 to 130

DEMON

The Fallen Into Flames 54

That's all I can think of for now???

Hmmm...

QM

Re: [Help] Living Flame or How to Create a Body of Fire?

Reminds me, putting together the attacks mentioned by Vestnik (regrettably not in a not particularly efficient manner, nor am I sure with stacking it counts as under campaign attack caps.. since Damage Shield is defensive, I'd accept it myself.):

| 44 22 rPD/22 rED FF - Cost Endurance Only to Activate (+1/4) Won't Work in Vacuum or Underwater (-1/4) 55 AP [5]

| 17 EC Body of Fire - All Powers Damage Shield (+1/2) Cost END Only to Activate (+1/4) Linked to FF (-1/4), Won't Work in Vacuum or Underwater (-1/4) 30 AP [-]

| 17 A) 3d6 Drain END 'Draining Heat' [5] 52 AP

| 17 B) 6d6 EB 'Flames' 52 AP [5]

| 19 C) 4d6 NND vs Safe in Heat 'Intense Heat' 55 AP [5]

| 17 D) 2d6 EKA 'Combustion' 52 AP [5]

131 AP - Costs 25 END to turn on. Go ahead. Take a swing.

Want to make it nasty, Find Weakness with the B) slot, since it's the most reliable one, with the special effect being tuning the heat level to the combustion point of the attacker. At two or three halvings, that's hot even to supers. Even if you start with 40 ED, you're still taking body with every touch on average.

Reminds me, putting together the attacks mentioned by Vestnik (regrettably not in a not particularly efficient manner, nor am I sure with stacking it counts as under campaign attack caps.. since Damage Shield is defensive, I'd accept it myself.):

| 44 22 rPD/22 rED FF - Cost Endurance Only to Activate (+1/4) Won't Work in Vacuum or Underwater (-1/4) 55 AP [5]

| 17 EC Body of Fire - All Powers Damage Shield (+1/2) Cost END Only to Activate (+1/4) Linked to FF (-1/4), Won't Work in Vacuum or Underwater (-1/4) 30 AP [-]

131 AP - Costs 25 END to turn on. Go ahead. Take a swing.

Of course, it does have a minor problem in that it turns off instantly. Powers with Damage Shield need to have the Continuous modifier as well.

Of course' date=' it does have a minor problem in that it turns off instantly. Powers with Damage Shield need to have the Continuous modifier as well.[/quote']

Well, I didn't claim it was efficient. ;) Good catch.

The actual build is left as an exercise for the competent. Y'know, people unlike me who can actually read. :)

One power that hasn't been mentioned, but is nice and could fit within a framework (a properly built one) might be Suppress Physical Object - to burn up or melt those small physical items that encounter the flaming body. A decent attack, and an exceptional defense. Not sure of the mechanic of buying it as Damage Shield and using it defensively.

In any game with AP limits of 60-70 or so' date=' I think EB Damage Shields are just about useless. What good is a 6D6 or 7D6 EB Damage Shield against Supers? Nothin'. The only way I can get Damage Shields to be useful at that level is to get a KA, Drain, NND EB or something of that nature.[/quote']

An NND EB or a KA Damage Shield is still pretty worthless in a superheroic campaign, as you just can't do enough damage for it to be viable. Drain, sure, assuming your opponent didn't buy any Power Defense, because you're not going to get enough effect to do much if they have any resistance. In a 60 AP campaign, you're looking at a 2d6 Drain, for an average of 7 points. If it's DEX and they have no Power Defense, it's at least vaguely effective.

Now, an NND KA Damage Shield will get people to sit up and take notice, but that's about the only way Damage Shield is much effective.