It's Baaaack....

GestaltBennie

Re: It's Baaaack....

But I used a similar premise to relaunch my Champions campaign. Now that our many months of playing has gotten us to the finale, and the PCs have been chosen as the official winners, their brand new HQ is being modified, costumes are being designed, etc.

And here's a little something I put together as a memento (the art will be replaced by official character art once it's finished).

SuperheroChallengeDVD.PNG

My impression of the Season Two cast--

The Defuser--Nifty power and skill sets. Puts me in the mind of a Dark Champions character with a four-color moral code. Not too keen on the name, but I can't think of a better one.

Ms. Limelight--Reminds me of Donna D'errico's character from Mark Hamill's Comic Book: The Movie. Her vulnerability concerns me; it's very difficult to swim or do action movie stunts without fully functional legs.

Hyperstrike--The headband screams "Refugee From The Eighties!" And I wonder if that last vulnerability listed is something he suffers from in real life? Otherwise I like the name and the power-set.

Whip-Snap--Interesting powers and weaknesses. I'd say something about her hair, but if I did I'm likely to get hurt, so I won't.

Mindset--I believe (from the show's own site) this guy was originally named Omicron, and I like that name better, but whatever. I like his powers and his backstory, and his vulnerabilities do a superb job of explaining why he's not in as good shape as the other heroes.

Basura--Interesting and original powers, skills and weaknesses. Likely needs a bath as much as Hyper-Strike. Looks really hot in her costume.

Mr. Mitzvah--A ping-pong paddle first given by God to David, and passed down through the ages. Oh-Kayyy. But I like the costume and the other powers.

Braid--Interesting powers and appearance. Call her Rainbow Woman and she could have been a segment on The Krofft Supershow. Would not surprise me if that's what inspired her.

Parthenon--I like the powers and the background--and the entry for his vulnerabilities leads me to believe this guy is a Champions player. You think?

Hygena--I think this character is most likely to become a villain. There's a gleam in her eye that puts me in the mind of the Dolores Umbridge character from the new Harry Potter movie. But as long as she's with the team the headquarters will never go dirty.

For now I'm picking The Defuser to win, although I think Mindset could be a strong contender as long as he doesn't wuss out on the physical challenges.

Definitely looking forward to the premiere on July 26.

My impression of the Season Two cast--

The Defuser--Nifty power and skill sets. Puts me in the mind of a Dark Champions character with a four-color moral code. Not too keen on the name, but I can't think of a better one.

Mindset--I believe (from the show's own site) this guy was originally named Omicron, and I like that name better, but whatever. I like his powers and his backstory, and his vulnerabilities do a superb job of explaining why he's not in as good shape as the other heroes.

Don't know about Parthenon and Champions but I can say that these two are City of Heroes players. Medset, formally Omicron posted on the CoH boards when he was part of the online vote. Oh as a side note the Defuser is a cop in real life. Many a happy post for them both on the CoH boards after they were announced.