Another human civilization may live inside Earth's hollows

nytflyr

Re: Another human civilization may live inside Earth's hollows

If you can find it, Hero Games published a JUSTICE, INC supplement called "Lands Of Mystery" by Aaron Allison way back in 1985 that was just fantastic! Really heavily influenced by Edgar Rice Burroughs! I was never that interested in the pulp rpg genre's until we happened upon this book. My group had a great time campaigning in the Hollow Earth battling dinosaurs, cave-men, rescueing savage princesses, discovering lost cities and civilizations, hunting cave bears, fighting in the gladiator arenas, and riding quetzalcoatlus! I really can't recommend it highly enough - if you're serious about running a Hollow Earth game this book is a must have for reference.

Yeah, Lands of Mystery is a holy grail. I can only imagine how awesome it is based on the fact that Strike Force is also a holy grail, and I have it, and on the fact that the D&D Hollow World setting has dinosaurs, cavemen, etc and was written by Aaron Allston, and I have it too.

I've heard Lands of Mystery described as being one of the greatest gaming books ever written. Never could find a copy though.

It is quite good. I've used it myself multiple times (through at three different versions of the Hero rules). And I'll probably use it again if anyone ever lets me run a Pulp game.

Somewhere though it all went wrong, I mean, Lands of Mystery was smack on the money with lots of scantily clad babes littered through out it. Strike Force? Nary a one of them. It must have been a bad writing week or something.

It's a well known fact that all hidden/lost/forgotten civilizations have oodles of scantily clad babes... or what's the point in being lost or forgotten?