"Racial" equipment?

Jkeown

Let's say I've a battlesuit system that won't work on any race other than Pure Strain Humans from a Gamma HERO game, or a +1 Sword of Generic Orc Slaying that only works for Elves. Should the limitation (Only Works For Race X) be based on the balance of races in my group (which might change over time) or the balance of races in the Game World (which is under my control, and probably remains static).

I'm certain I've seen this before, but I can't seem to source it, and I don't have my books with me. (I'm at work, ya know, so I can afford to buy more HERO stuff)

Re: "Racial" equipment?

You could also run it as a variation of a Personal Focus defined to only work for a member of the desired group' date=' and hence not a Limitation as such.[/quote']

To me, that makes sense if the group in question includes both allies and enemies (eg. "only elves"), but not if the effect is to restrict its use to users the owner would consider desirable (eg. "only player characters"). In the latter case, the player should pay for the UBO advantage.

To me' date=' that makes sense if the group in question includes both allies and enemies (eg. "only elves"), but not if the effect is to restrict its use to users the owner would consider desirable (eg. "only player characters"). In the latter case, the player should pay for the UBO advantage.[/quote']

That's a good distinction to draw, Hugh.

The intent is a class of equipment that, being very high tech, runs genetic scans of the potential user and will not function for members of other races. This gives distinction to the Pure Strain Human characters, having specialized gear and cyberware that only they can use.

As it is, Personal Focus is probably the best route.