Mental Speed

Lunistra

So,

I got a sPD of 3 normally

and the power of +2 SPD for mental activities only. kindly borrowed from the ultimate mentalist book (Speed of thought)

now that boosts my speed to 5 for mental powers

or leaves it at 3 for physical things

Spd 3 = 4,8,12

Spd 5 = 3,5,8,10,12

so im now confused as to which phases i can do things on as 4 doesnt exist in my new spd of 5?

any ideas?

Re: Mental Speed

Haven't got my copy of Ultimate Mentalist, but back in the day when I modeled it I did:

Speed 5* partially limited SPD 3 for physical actions which by divine hand wave resulted in

Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12... where character could only perform physical actions on 3, 8, 12.

It's a simple solution to the problem, and only improves your physical speed by 1 phase, so I figured it was fair. YMMV.

Peace

According to Steve Long in response to a rules question:

To get the full discussion on that' date=' I'm afraid you'll have to wait a few weeks for The Ultimate Speedster to come out, then check pages 18-19 re: Limited SPD. It's too much information for me to repeat here.[/quote']

I don't have the Ultimate Speedster, but my guess would be, either your physical move is deferred until Phase 5, or you can choose to act physically in Phase 4 but lose the mental Phase 5, or you can take a physical half-phase action in 4 and a mental half-phase action in 5.

Again, that's just my guess.

IIRC, Ultimate Speedster doesn't have any particular rules about Limited Speed. It's mostly an "it's really up to the GM."

I would probably do my best to stick the extra phases in there someplace evenly.

If you had a SPD 5: 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12 and bought +2 SPD only for Mental, I would probably stick them in at 4 and 9.