Traveller Hero Adventures...

Jkeown

...being the impatient goof that I am, I bought both THero PDF's. I had to have them RIGHT NOW. Couldn't wait on a bound copy.

What Era does everyone play? I ask because I'd like to do a few adventures, small scenarios...nothing to threaten the balance of one's campaign or anything...

I want to make sure that whatever I write will be useful to most folks playing. So... what Era? Huh... whatcha doin?

Re: Traveller Hero Adventures...

I hardly ever get to play or GM much anymore, but when I do, I tend towards the CT era, been talking to a couple of folks about starting an IRC based game set during the interstellar wars era. we've always tended to run games/campaigns with a definite paramilitary bent to them.

one campaign idea I've really wanted to ressurect being based on the classic CT amberzone "Road Show" written by John M Ford

the players are hired as roadies for a rock band band on an interstellar tour. played this twice, once as the roadies, and a second time where we actually played the band.

as the band we were the Neo-Celtic Thrash Metal band "Tir Nan Og" which specialized in 20th century terran rock music. the band became known for opening the shows with a bagpipe version of Wipeout and ending with Stairway to Heaven complete with a giant exploding haggis. we also had a refitted 600 ton liner as a "Tour Bus" customs always wondered why we had all the extra hydroponic tanks.. had to supply our own "Party Favors"

For over 25+ yrs I have based my pure Traveller campaigns out of the

Verge sector, and the dates in game have ranged from 1109 till 1125.

I have my players working as "Trouble Shooters" for Pell Corp. They

start the game as already working for Pell Corp, and on their last

mission (Pre game start) they were involved in hunting down a group

of smugglers/pirates. They accomplished their task and part of their

spoils from that mission was a 400 ton Far Trader which the group

got to keep. It needed some repairs and some maintance, but it was

still space worthy. Now the team (5 PCs and 2 NPCs) were a crew

with something to call their own and something of a credit pit...LOL!!!

BTW the ship was heavily modified...and her name was "StarScream"!

You scream, they scream, we all scream for "StarScream"!!!

Penn

I was always a Megatraveller fan as the CT universe seemed too consistently civilized to me until one got to the edge of the Imperium.

It was hard to feel all that tough in an armed trader when there was always the possibility of an Imperial Cruiser rounding the planet.:D

Generally, I run Classic Traveller campaigns in the early 1100's, but my current campaign involves the aftermath of the Solomani Rim War (1007) on the Imperial side of the Sol Sector. The whole thing is meant to be Firefly-esque, making the Imperials the bad guys this time around. It's been a hoot so far and badly needed change of pace for my campaigns. The longest running campaign I've had involved an attempt to undo the assassination of Emperor Strephon via a shot at time travel (which was highly unreliable and dangerous and a one-shot, all-or-nothing one-way-trip experience). They did undo the assassination, but had to allow a hero of the Fifth Frontier War to die, prolonging that conflict for an additional two years and costing a quarter-million extra dead...

Yeah, I'm not a nice GM.

Matt "But-they-always-keep-coming-back-for-more" Frisbee