An idea I have broached before, I think...

gewing

Re: An idea I have broached before, I think...

A pulp game would be a Great candidate for explorers to find the REAL Labyrinth of the Minotaur.

Imagine a vast network of tunnels under the island of Crete, the entrances were actually blocked by the rising sea level at the end of the Ice Age.

As to what is down there...

:eg::eg:

A long forgotten cult sect of Greece that believed that the Earth would fall to some cataclysm, so they build their underground city and waited. Walled off from the real world using the maze (one of their best machinations) they have since become accustomed to low light and underground passages, and raised all manner of beast and flora to support their new way of life.

But they long forgot the upper world, thinking it long gone, and with no desire to venture beyond the maze, they wait for some signs that the apocalypse has passed.

*cough*cough* Wow... that was a dusty old book... :D

jak

And what's wrong with having a good long term plan? Personally I think Alba should have been 1 of 4 (Jennifer Connelly, Eva Langoria and Jessica Biel being the other 3) who shared the tattoo. Only when all 4 were tied down, side by side. on a mystically carved stone slab, naked on a stone slab at that, would the full plan be seen.

Now, it may not make sense as a "plan", but I think that's a minor flaw in an otherwise perfect piece of reasoning. And I'm sure that I speak for many when I say that, as a cliff hanger ending on season 2, the first episode of season 3 would have been a ratings smash.

Hmmm, races have been known to survive for longer on sillier reasons than this you know.

Part of the premise of the 4E Champions adventure The Zodiac Conspiracy was that the Minotaur, as a son of Zeus (although the god was in the form of a bull when the monster was conceived) was in fact immortal, and although seriously injured in battle with Theseus did not die. It remained in the maze, slowly healing. Based on that premise if the maze collapsed the Minotaur could have been trapped in it all these millennia... growing increasingly p.o.'d and hungry.

Also keep in mind that the maze was constructed by Daedalus, master inventor of classical mythology. It would have been a good place for him to hide or even test some of his creations. E.g. a man-sized prototype of Talos.

Nice one Liaden. In which case you throw in all sorts of classical equipment such as the Cornucopia or the wings Daedalus made for himself to escape King Minos. Throw in some of the Hollywood variants like that mechanical Owl from 'Clash of the Titans' and you've got a lot of story threads for player characters, even origins.

You mean they waited 20,000 years to genetically tatoo their Secret Plan on Jessica Alba's body? I had trouble believing 3500.

Oh come on, I can't have been the only person paying attention to season 2 of Dark Angel.

Dangit!

I have never seen the show!:nonp: