Seven Stranded Castaways

McCoy

Originally posted by McCoy

Pilot script gave Lovey's maiden name as Eunice Wentworth. Same script gave Mary Ann's name as Bunny. We may have to agreee to disagree on this one.

OK, in who's "honor" was the ill-fated S.S. Minnow named?

In the original pilot Bunny and Ginger were a pair of secretaries. Bunny was a buxom dumb-blonde type while Ginger was a more practical brunette.

The "S.S. Minnow" was named after Newton Minow, Chairman on the FCC in 1961. He made a speech that called television "America's vast wasteland." and then he placed programming authority in the hands of the networks. I'm sure that really helped.

Originally posted by Armitage

The "S.S. Minnow" was named after Newton Minow, Chairman on the FCC in 1961. He made a speech that called television "America's vast wasteland." and then he placed programming authority in the hands of the networks. I'm sure that really helped.

Correct, the man Sherwood Schwartz said had ruined television.

Thank you everybody for your input. Think I have the team almost in mind now.

Skipper and Mrs. Howell will be the high DEX martial artist. Skipper will have some enrages, slothful speedster Lovey must make an ego roll before entering combat. "Honestly, does it have to come to violence again? Why can't we settle this like ladies and gentlemen, with social oneupsmanship, backbiting, and vicious gossip! Really! They'll let just anyone become a super villian now!"

Ginger and Mr. Howell both are accomplished at geting the others to do what they want, they are the team mentalist. Thurston more a pure mentalist, Ginger telepath/telekinetic/pyrokenitic.

Gilligan, the brick, with luck and unluck, and some absorption as a tribute to his glutton nature.

The Professor, proud gadgeteer. Considered making him the first (AFAIK) nonfocused gadgeteer, able to create devices out of pure mental energy (think Green Lantern without needing a ring). But I liked Oruncrest's tribute to Greatest American Hero. So another space probe crashed on the island, this one with what appeared an experimental powered armor space suit. The Professor was the only one it would fit, he tried it on. Turns out it was an alien symbiote (maybe Venom's species, maybe not) that has grafted to his body. Now can do anything he can make the suit understand.

Mary Ann. Nothing seems right. Invisibility/desolidification/shrinking? Maybe. Ninja-like stealth and sneak attacks? Maybe. As the avitar of envy, perhapse a power mimic? "Gee, I wish I had that power! Oh wait, now I do!"

Originally posted by McCoy

Mary Ann. Nothing seems right. Invisibility/desolidification/shrinking? Maybe. Ninja-like stealth and sneak attacks? Maybe. As the avitar of envy, perhapse a power mimic? "Gee, I wish I had that power! Oh wait, now I do!"

Lust powers. Super high PRE vs. Men, Ego Attack defined as "Thinking Unclean Thoughts," magic lasso and riding crop.

Mary Ann was always way hotter than Ginger.

:D

The Professor spends so much time trying to escape the island that his hyperintelligent brain unintentionally leaps past the intended information and he discovers how to escape the very barriers of time and space! Transforming a simple looking island hut into a Time And Relative Dimension In Space device, he gathers two young sidekicks, Gilligan and Mary Ann, and travels the universe as...The Professor!

Was never a big GillIsle fan, but Mary Ann was the real brains of the operation. Dont let that girl next door act fool you. She called all the real shots. Mary Ann invented goldbricking.

She would have a VPP Cosmic Pool, but all the slots would have to take sufficeint IPE to be fully Invisible if not already.

Re: And now for something different.

Originally posted by Argus

Now the hardest one to come up with something for.

Mary Ann Summers, the forgotten one.

I went an even different way with her.

Mary Ann Summers fell from an extremely tall coconut tree and landed on her side. Damage was extensive, both legs, right arm and right ear were completely useless.

Luckily, the Professor found a crate that had washed up on the shore that had top secret cybernetics parts.

"Gentlemen, we can rebuilding her."

Re: Re: And now for something different.

Originally posted by Blue Jogger

I went an even different way with her.

Mary Ann Summers fell from an extremely tall coconut tree and landed on her side. Damage was extensive, both legs, right arm and right ear were completely useless.

Luckily, the Professor found a crate that had washed up on the shore that had top secret cybernetics parts.

"Gentlemen, we can rebuilding her."

...entirely out of coconuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are talking about Marvelesque powers I'm surprised that no-one has noticed that Mary-Ann is a 'Summers'. She is therefore related to the first family of Marvel Mutants.

I am therefore putting a vote into her using her probability changing mutant powers to keep the castaways on the island in order to avoid the continual infighting of her family.