Fantasy Hero Printing Error

Manic Typist

I have been thoroughly enjoying my brand spanking new reprint of Fantasy Hero, but I've noticed that two or three of the images that are embedded alongside of the text seem to be... corrupted. About a third to halfway down the image, it turns into squiggly lines and such.

While I wasn't going to mention this initially because it doesn't bug me and I just love HERO in general, I reconsidered because I might not be the ONE exception of normal Hero quality. So, I don't know if this is common or not, or if there was a problem at the printers that should be checked out.

Anyone else see this?

Cheers.

Re: Fantasy Hero Printing Error

P. 386, the "static" begins a little below the displayed character's knees.

P. 390, the picture is also completely disrupted starting at the character's waist and going down.

These are the only two I've found for certain, but there might be one more. Like I said, not a biggie to me, but I only mention it for the sake of alerting HEROdom to any potential problems.

Huh. Looks like the printer screwed up the file when it was sent to print from the PDF Hero Games handed 'em. (I checked the images against the Revised PDF in the store currently and the images display just fine.)

Put that on top of the other crap the printer screwed the pooch on with this one. We need to get the name of them from Darren and spread their bad name as one to avoid.

P. 386, the "static" begins a little below the displayed character's knees.

P. 390, the picture is also completely disrupted starting at the character's waist and going down.

These are the only two I've found for certain, but there might be one more. Like I said, not a biggie to me, but I only mention it for the sake of alerting HEROdom to any potential problems.

Confirmed; my copy has the same problems. I have to check my original paperback, as I don't recall seeing this the first time I went through the text, and get back to you, but considering it's my special edition hardback, that kind of cheeses me off. Good catch MT.

Eh' date=' I didn't buy it for the art. Almost goes without saying, really...[/quote']

There's a whole nother thread that debates the quality of the art; let's not derail this one, please. Personally I'm rather f---ed off that my shiny new hardback has a printer error. Does it affect anything? No. Am I happy about it? Also, no.

i didnt see the thread but, I use to own a computer magazine. We printed about 20,000 copies every other month. Part of the print prices was 'blues'. If hero gave the printer the OK on the blues and let the error go its hero's fault, but if the printer screwed up on quality control its the printers fault.

Is hero offering a replacement of the miss printed books?

I know Hero does the blue lines. It's a question of whether the POD they used does. Some don't.

I don't think anyone's asked Hero - because I'm pretty sure there aren't "misprinted books" but the ENTIRE RUN has the error.

Personally, I'm not asking for anything. It doesn't much irk me much, but I sure would like to know who printed the books so I can avoid the hell out of them.

Considering how much the books cost to make, and knowing (in that sort of background way) the state of the industry and that HERO is a small company, I don't know if in good conscience I could even ask for a replacement. Let's be clear:

The book is readable. The material is all there. There are two pictures of two NPCs near the back that are borked. It doesn't detract from the value of the book in any way -- just ticks me off that the error exists at all.