[Killershrike.com] Reorganized Domain Packages

Killer Shrike

Leveraging the new architecture I recently put into place for spells, powers, items, etc; I reorganized the Domain Packages for the "Dominine" Magic System on my site (which is a pretty close conversion of D&D3e Clerics but generally usable in just about any High Fantasy setting).

Previously the package was a couple of line items in the Packages area of the site, and it just referenced the spells via links. The new method is an integrated approach that presents the Domain Spells with the Domain Packages directly. More streamlined, and a lot easier for me to manage.

Anyway, enjoy...

Domain Packages

NOTE: I went through the site and tried to find all the places the old Domain Packages were referenced and update the links to point into the new approach, but due to the nature of this content (there are around 30 Domains), its a lot of links. If you happen to be surfing around the site and notice a link still pointing at the old packages (which will no longer resolve as Ive removed the pages), please drop me a line and let me know.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Re: [Killershrike.com] Reorganized Domain Packages

Thanks! I don't know how many people use the Dominine Magic System in their games, but it's been a very successful addition to my own campaigns. I really like the Domain concept; it actually works pretty well to make followers of different patrons feel actually different, and its fun to make new Domains from time to time.

The Granted Abilities part of the Domains are also reusable for non-spellcasters who are still blessed by a patron. For instance, Olga Hertzlar is a Heiligkamper (to reuse a familiar term, a Paladin) of a god in my San Dora campaign; she doesn't cast spells but has six Granted Abilities. She was quite potent.

They take about an hour to an hour and a half each depending on how many preexisting spells I can reuse vs make from scratch. If people have some specific Domains they would like to see I'm certainly open to requests.

If people have some specific Domains they would like to see I'm certainly open to requests.

One domain I would LOVE to see your take on, KS, would be the Decay Domain.

Actually, if you're familiar with the Dark Sun class, Defiler, I'd like to know how you would convert the class over to hero system rules. If you aren't familiar, here's the general idea: A basic wizard or sorcerer that greatly augment their spells by razing the planet of life energy. They cast a spell, and there's a swath of dead land around them afterward where nothing can grow for decades or longer - HATED by druids. Of course the ability to raze the world for extra power is an option they choose - they don't have to do it. More powerful defilers drain levels away from people caught within their razing radius, and are able to raze even larger areas to empower their magic all the more.

What do you think KS?

One domain I would LOVE to see your take on' date=' KS, would be the Decay Domain.

Actually, if you're familiar with the Dark Sun class, Defiler, I'd like to know how you would convert the class over to hero system rules. If you aren't familiar, here's the general idea: A basic wizard or sorcerer that greatly augment their spells by razing the planet of life energy. They cast a spell, and there's a swath of dead land around them afterward where nothing can grow for decades or longer - HATED by druids. Of course the ability to raze the world for extra power is an option they choose - they don't have to do it. More powerful defilers drain levels away from people caught within their razing radius, and are able to raze even larger areas to empower their magic all the more.

What do you think KS?

The Decay Domain looks simple enough; I'll put that on the ole todo list.

As far as Defilers, I'd go with something like this:

Their magic system would require END from an END reserve with little or no REC allowed. They would also need to buy a separate power based on Transfer BODY to END Reserve, AoE.

In fact, the Thanomancy Magic System on my site could serve such a purpose with a slight tweakage of their DRAIN LIFE ability to include AoE.

Dude...that's just pimp. I might have to get creative and find some strange, obscure Domain just to see how long it takes you to make it - it took you all of two hours to put this one up, and that's just disgusting. So awesome...

Alrighty, how about Wrath? Might be a little more difficult because I don't know that all the spells under it are on your site, but it's a cool Domain. The Domain & Spells are out of the Book of Exalted Deeds just for reference (the book of Overpowered Cheesiness, but this Domain is one of the things that's just a cool idea).