Champions Online

waterdoc

I just read in GAMEINFORMER magazine (p. 56) that there will be a Champions Online game in 2009. It will be cross-format ready for X-Box and PC. It will be a MMO game that is published and developed by Cryptic Studios.

From what the magazine has written about the game it is going to be great.

Keep up the good work!

:thumbup:

Re: Champions Online

I just read in GAMEINFORMER magazine (p. 56) that there will be a Champions Online game in 2009. It will be cross-format ready for X-Box and PC. It will be a MMO game that is published and developed by Cryptic Studios.

From what the magazine has written about the game it is going to be great.

Keep up the good work!

:thumbup:

Cryptic?

What happened to their Marvel Online product? Or City Of Heroes? :eek:

The magazine stated that Cryptic purchased Champions. It further states that the Marvel collaberation fell through but did not give specifics.

I don't know what they mean by purchased but they talked about ownership, not licensing.

Did Hero Systems sell out?

The magazine stated that Cryptic purchased Champions. It further states that the Marvel collaberation fell through but did not give specifics.

I don't know what they mean by purchased but they talked about ownership, not licensing.

Did Hero Systems sell out?

No, no... just the Champions IP, which they then get licensed back to them in perpetuity for the Pen & Paper RPG…

Normally, I wouldn't be up for an online game -- the GameInformer article has definately peaked my interest. Before this, I was kinda jazzed about the Star Trek online game, but a Champions send up would be way cooler, especially with all the personalization of the look of both the characters and powers the article says is going to be possible.

This is one I'm going to watch carefully and keep my fingers crossed.

Matt "Never-got-into-Evercrack-or-WoW" Frisbee