Stats for Captain Britain?

BigJackBrass

My searching skills have found nothing, so can anyone help me to find Champions / HERO stats for the various incarnations of Captain Britain, please? Aside from a Marvel Superheroes write-up in an old magazine ad I've hardly seen any translations of the Captain into game terms and I'd be very interested to see how other people have described him, mechanically speaking.

Re: Stats for Captain Britain?

My searching skills have found nothing' date=' so can anyone help me to find [i']Champions / HERO[/i] stats for the various incarnations of Captain Britain, please? Aside from a Marvel Superheroes write-up in an old magazine ad I've hardly seen any translations of the Captain into game terms and I'd be very interested to see how other people have described him, mechanically speaking.

I have a very old one I could dust off at home. It would be tonight or tomorrow.

Here are links to a couple of write-ups. I don't know a lot about the character's history, so I'm not sure where they fit chronologically.

http://www.sysabend.org/champions/gnborh/text/Captain_Britain-sb.txt

http://x-men.the-wild-hunt.org/captbrit.html

I think I'd be more inclined to go with the second link, though some of the stats there might be a little too high. 111 STR and 30 DEX, for example, seem like a bit much. The 25 PRE is right on the money, though.

YMMV, of course.

Which era we talking here?

Well, there's the rub. I'd love to see how someone else viewed him through the various versions (personally I still have a soft spot for the original Claremont / Trimpe Cap from the weekly series, but that's more to do with the fact that I eagerly waited for the newsagent to deliver that comic every week than any real reflection of its lasting quality :)) to compare with the - very rough - notes I've been making as I re-read the stories. He's changed a lot - I still prefer the original costume! - with the forcefield moving from the staff to his person, being dead and getting better and so forth.

Anyway, many thanks for the links. The second one does look a bit more reasonable, so it gives me a sort of marker for one part of his career.