Looking for a possible new name for a hero

rjcurrie

Hi Folks:

In my SuperSquad America convention event, one of the characters is named Whiz Kid. Bernie Armstrong took the name because when he joined SuperSquad America he was a 15 year old speedster/super genius. However, Bernie is turning 21 next spring and is beginning to think that Whiz Kid may be too juvenile a name for himself. Does anyone have any good suggestions on what Bernie might choose as a new name?

You can find more information on Whiz Kid and the rest of SuperSquad America at http://members.rogers.com/supersquadamerica .

Rod

The first thing I'd ask is how much of a connection to his old name does Bernie want to keep?

Does he want to keep some reference to "Whiz"? If so, Whizzer (yes, I know that's been taking before - many times, but so what), Mr Whiz, Whizard, Speed Whizard, spring to mind.

If not, does he want to keep the "W" motif? That suggests things like Mr Wonderful, but that seems too generic.

Assuming a complete change, then does he still want a speed reference. I see there's already a "Swift", so you won't want that. Things such as the old favourite Speed Demon, Racer (Red Racer, perhaps), Mr Speed, Mr Quick etc.

The frequent references to "Mr" I am making stem from the character maturing, of course, but he could take almost anything as his name. It could easily be "Dr" of course, as he has a PhD.

How about Whiz Doctor (bit like spin doctor or witch doctor)?

I quite like Fast Track, though.

I like Fast Track, too.

And I especially like the idea of a kind of "coming of age" name change...a la Robin to Nightwing.

For variety's sake, I'll also offer up my own favorite speedster names:

Blur

Bolt

Quick Stream

Expedian

Good luck!

Chris