Putting two-fists into pulp the real way!

Roter Baron

I'm just asking myself if I am the only one who really LOVES Howard's Boxing stories - reading especially the adventures of Steve Costigan, Able-Bodied Seaman, an his rowdy crew of feeble-minded fellow-sailors always give smy a blast.

And best of it: Howard, being an amateur boxer of quite knowledge, is really able to make you FEEL the punches, smell the sweat and hear the jeering of the crowd. It is really like watching a goo boxing match on TV!

For everybody who is interested in those stories, look for "Waterfront Fists And Other Stories", an anthology of Howard's boxing short stories.

They are REALLY worth it (maybe hard to get now).

Re: Putting two-fists into pulp the real way!

"Boxing Stories" is available off Amazon US for 11.21 and is currently in stock.

I've always loved some of Howard's 'lesser light' heroes (Steve Costigan, El Borak) as much or more than I loved his 'big ticket' characters (Conan, Solomon Kane, Kull the Conqueror).

I'm just asking myself if I am the only one who really LOVES Howard's Boxing stories - reading especially the adventures of Steve Costigan, Able-Bodied Seaman, an his rowdy crew of feeble-minded fellow-sailors always give smy a blast.

And best of it: Howard, being an amateur boxer of quite knowledge, is really able to make you FEEL the punches, smell the sweat and hear the jeering of the crowd. It is really like watching a goo boxing match on TV!

For everybody who is interested in those stories, look for "Waterfront Fists And Other Stories", an anthology of Howard's boxing short stories.

They are REALLY worth it (maybe hard to get now).

Most of Howard's stories are on wikisource for free!

They're public domain, so you don't need to pay for them!

Its a REH gold mine!

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Author:Robert_E._Howard

"Boxing Stories" is available off Amazon US for 11.21 and is currently in stock.

I've always loved some of Howard's 'lesser light' heroes (Steve Costigan, El Borak) as much or more than I loved his 'big ticket' characters (Conan, Solomon Kane, Kull the Conqueror).

Well, Solomon Kane is my favorite Howard character. With both von Kalmbach and Red Sonya of Rogatino ranking near the top as well. But, I do agree: a lot of his lesser known characters in our era outshine the ones that have broken into the modern consciouness when you sit down and compare the stories.

You might also try "Amazon" or "The University of Nebraska Press" who , I know have published some of Howard's "lesser" known works. I have some of his Western stories ("The Riot At Bucksnort and Other Western Tales" which contains 16 of Howard's western tales is one of them).