My Pre-Terran History Rough Outline

Dholcrist

I was working on the background for my Terran Empire campaign, and decided to just go ahead and start filling in the blank spaces in the history of the Terran Empire setting before the Alien Wars. Thus far it's mostly 2020-2100, though there's still some stuff I'm going to fill in even further there. I'm posting this mostly just to see if anybody else has any thoughts/ideas pertaining to this.

And yeah, I know this is pretty similar to a thread I already posted, but I felt it better to just make a new post than just revive the old one.

1938: Nazis herald in the beginning of the supposed “Superhuman Age”

2020: The final battle against Tyrannon, resulting in the Universal power level dropping, ending the Age of Superheroes.

2021: Dr. Destroyer dies in a final bid to take over the world.

2022: Pakistani terrorists detonate a nuclear weapon just outside of the city limits of Baltimore, Maryland on September 10, just one day before the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 Attack. The detonation was premature, with the intended target being Washington D.C. the day after. 439,289 people die in the explosion, with thousands more dying in the following weeks.

2022: Indo-American Alliance formed, invading Pakistan in November.

2023: IAA overthrows the Pakistani government, and Pakistan becomes an extension of the Republic of India. The European Union and United Nations both approve of the invasion, and lend financial aid to reestablishing infrastructure.

2025: Luke Jackson becomes the first man to land on Mars, making him also the first human to set foot on another planet.

2028: The European Civil War breaks out, with the Franco-Spanish Alliance invading Germany in a bid to create the “European Confederation of Nations”. They are repelled by joint German-British-Russian forces and placed under strict political and economic sanctions by the EU and the UN. The entire war lasts just under 11 months.

2031: “Rice Riots” break out throughout the People’s Republic of China. Soon after, the Chinese government is dismantled through a series of assassinations, and the People’s Republic is overthrown with the creation of the Chinese Democratic Union under President Cho Deng. The Republic of China is granted entrance to the UN.

2039: First “star-ladder” is completed.

2064: The Capricorn-6 Computer Intelligence becomes the first Artificial Intelligence to pass the Turing Test.

2075: Solar Age begins with establishment of the first Lunar City.

2093: “Ares” colony ship lands on Mars. First Martian colony established.

2094: United Nations is dissolved, and replaced by the United Earth Senate.

2104: Colony Act is initiated.

2143: First Spacer is created, and over the next few years becomes mass-produced.

2149: First portable fusion plants created.

2175: Scientist quantifiably measure human psionic abilities for the first time.

2203: Solar Age ends with the development of the first Hyperdrive.

2214: First extra-solar colony established on Alpha Centauri IV.

2253: First formal contact made with an extra-terrestrial civilization, dubbed the Perseids.

2259: Contact made with another, smaller ET civilization named the Jhinu.

2260: Contact made with yet another small ET civilization, named the Hrac’darase. Also, the Severson-Yu Law is passed, known as the “Save Yourself” law, requiring each Senate World to be responsible for their own protection, and their colonies.

2268: The Conjoined Civilizations Republic makes contact and establishes an exploratory embassy.

Re: My Pre-Terran History Rough Outline

2075: Solar Age begins with establishment of the first Lunar City.

The current CU mentions a group of aliens (Selenites?) living on the moon (Though they aren't, IIRC, natives to it). You might want to determine how they died/left, and what ruins or remnants from non humans might be there. Perhaps humans found a few signs that seemed to suggest there MIGHT have been someone up there living first, but most at first it considered a hoax.

The current CU mentions a group of aliens (Selenites?) living on the moon (Though they aren't' date=' IIRC, natives to it). You might want to determine how they died/left, and what ruins or remnants from non humans might be there. Perhaps humans found a few signs that seemed to suggest there MIGHT have been someone up there living first, but most at first it considered a hoax.[/quote']

Hm, interesting, I don't remember reading about that. I'll have to look into it. Excellent idea though. Most likely, at least for post Superhero Age cynics, I'll have ruins a la the "blue area" of the moon that are deemed as an elaborate hoax which the government covers up. That could be very cool, actually.

I owe you rep, also.

2031: “Rice Riots” break out throughout the People’s Republic of China. Soon after' date=' the Chinese government is dismantled through a series of assassinations, and the People’s Republic is overthrown with the creation of the Chinese Democratic Union under President Cho Deng. The Republic of China is granted entrance to the UN. [/quote']

May want to change that to "UN recognizes the Chinese Democratic Union" since the People's Republic of China is one of the three permanent veto seats (along with Russia and the United States) already. China was one of the forming countries of the UN.

May want to change that to "UN recognizes the Chinese Democratic Union" since the People's Republic of China is one of the three permanent veto seats (along with Russia and the United States) already. China was one of the forming countries of the UN.

The Republic of China (aka Taiwan) used to have that veto seat. There's no reason it couldn't change hands again if the legitimacy of the PRC government is called into question.

A good point, the way I worded it was a bit too vague I think anyways, and left too much room for interpretation. That's what I meant, but obviously not what I wrote. Excellent suggestion.

The Republic of China (aka Taiwan) used to have that veto seat. There's no reason it couldn't change hands again if the legitimacy of the PRC government is called into question.

Also a good point, and well worth noting. Thanks for pointing that out.

I've added a good amount more today, but it needs a bit of cleaning. I'll post an updated list later.

This is an update with more events from the current CU timeline added in, though I tried to tone down the supers, since during the TE the Superhuman Age is largely believed to be purely myth. There are still a lot of things I'm rethinking, so any advice/corrections are appreciated.

1938: Nazis herald in the beginning of the supposed “Superhuman Age”.

1965: UNTIL (United Nations Tribunal on International Law), an international anti-terrorism coalition, is created by U.N. treaty- a treaty not signed by the United States, which refuses to allow UNTIL agents to operate within its territory.

1969: Neil Armstrong becomes the first man to land on the moon, simultaneously winning the Space Race against the USSR and becoming the first human to set foot on a heavenly body.

1986: The United States government forms PRIMUS, a special forces anti-terrorism agency roughly equivalent to UNTIL.

1992: On July 23, “The Battle of Detroit” takes place when the international terrorist calling himself “Dr. Destroyer” attacks Detroit, and activates a device that destroys most of the city while exchanging fire with authorities. Later that year, the American government, several major corporations, and numerous charitable foundations form the Millennium Project to rebuild the city.

1993: The United States signs the Tribunal Treaty, allowing UNTIL agents to operate freely in American territory.

1996: U.N. organization UNTIL completes its space station christened “GATEWAY”. It is the largest manmade object in space, and the first permanent human presence off of the Earth’s surface.

1999: Late this year, the rebuilding of Detroit is substantially completed, and the new metropolis is christened Millennium City.

2015: First extra-solar planet that could theoretically support life is seen orbiting Alpha Centauri.

2020: The final battle against Tyrannon, resulting in the Universal power level dropping, ending the Age of Superheroes.

Berlin, Brussels, and Rome all come under devastating terrorist attacks, with thousands dying across Europe. The EU begins to take the US’ side in the War on Terror, pushing for increased anti-terrorist efforts from the US and the UN.

2021: Infamous terrorist “Dr. Destroyer” dies in a final bid to take over the world.

2022: Pakistani terrorists detonate a nuclear weapon just outside of the city limits of Baltimore, Maryland on September 10, just one day before the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 Attack. The detonation was premature, with the intended target being Washington D.C. the day after. 439,289 people die in the explosion, with thousands more dying in the following weeks.

2022: Indo-American Alliance formed, invading Pakistan in November.

2023: IAA overthrows the Pakistani government, making Pakistan an extension of the Republic of India. The European Union and United Nations both approve of the invasion and lend financial aid to re-establishing infrastructure.

2024: UNTIL space station GATEWAY is abandoned due to massive failure rate in technologically advanced hardware.

2028: The European Civil War breaks out, with the Franco-Spanish Alliance invading Germany in a bid to create the “European Confederation of Nations”. They are repelled by joint German-British-Russian forces and placed under strict political and economic sanctions by the EU and the UN. The entire war lasts just under 11 months.

2031: “Rice Riots” break out throughout the People’s Republic of China. Soon after, the Chinese government is dismantled through a series of assassinations. Soon after the U.N. recognizes the Chinese Democratic Union under President Cho Deng. The Republic of China is granted entrance to the UN.

2033: Luke Jackson becomes the first man to land on Mars, making him also the first human to set foot on another planet.

2039: First “star-ladder” is completed.

2052: Mexican economy crashes, forcing the United States, Canada, and the EU to help keep the government afloat.

2056: The United States, Canada, and Mexico sign the North American Unification Treaty on June 1st, officially creating the United States of North America from the three countries. This essentially absorbs Canada and Mexico into the US, splitting them up into several additional member states.

With the growing USNA partnership with the EU, and the fledgling Democratic Union of China, many historians mark this as the beginning of what becomes known as the Pax Americana.

2059: USNA repairs and refits the former UNTIL space station GATEWAY, creating an orbital construction platform. The station is renamed Baltimore Station.

2064: The Capricorn-6 Computer Intelligence becomes the first Artificial Intelligence to pass the Turing Test.

2066: Joint EU-Chinese space station Daedalus is completed.

2075: Solar Age begins with establishment of the first Lunar City, “Serenity City”, located in the Serenity Valley.

2093: “Ares” colony ship lands on Mars. First Martian colony established.

2094: United Nations is dissolved, and replaced by the United Earth Senate.

2104: Colony Act is passed.

2143: First Spacer is created, and over the next few years becomes mass-produced.

2149: First portable fusion plants created.

2175: Scientist quantifiably measure human psionic abilities for the first time.

2203: Solar Age ends with the development of the first Hyperdrive.

2214: First extra-solar colony established on Alpha Centauri IV.

2253: First formal contact made with an extra-terrestrial civilization, dubbed the Perseids.

2259: Contact made with another, smaller ET civilization named the Jhinu.

2260: Contact made with yet another small ET civilization, named the Hrac’darase. Also, the Severson-Yu Law is passed, known as the “Save Yourself” law, requiring each Senate World to be responsible for their own protection, and their colonies.

2268: The Conjoined Civilizations Republic makes contact and establishes an exploratory embassy.

2280: Beta Hyperdrive developed, making faster-than-light travel even more accessible.

2296: Count Soryyam Mattel from Cephardi motions to dissolve the senate, and is supported by a majority vote. Despite this, the motion was “illegitimate and spurious”. Many historians mark this as the end of the United Earth and the Senate, in spirit if not in fact.

2301: Deep-space exploration vessel Cassandra enters Xenovore space and is captured. The crew is interrogated, and consumed after revealing the coordinates for Terran space.

2303: On June 3, at 0200 hours (Terran GMT), the Xenovores make planetfall on the Colony World of Chabrabdrah’s Gift. Within 24 hours, the Xenovores control the planet, then “grow” transport ships using bio-nanites. Within a month, they pack 75% of the population onto the transport ships and send them back to the Empire as tribute. The remaining population is used to provision the attacking force. On December 27, the Xenovores make planetfall on Paco’s Retreat.

2305: The Militarized Zone is created. The MZ is 6,000 light-years wide and 1,000 light-years deep, serving as a buffer between the Xenovore homeworlds and the United Earth.

• 2 weeks later...

"2143: First Spacer is created, and over the next few years becomes mass-produced."

Err, "Spacer" meaning what, exactly?

It's like totally...whoah. Where did my weekend go?

You know what I could go for? Some Cheetos.

Oh, sorry, apparently they're not mass-produced until 2143.

On another note, this whole "Canada joins the United States" thing?

Not only is it never ever ever going to happen, we up north tend to find it offensive, whatever our politics.

"2143: First Spacer is created, and over the next few years becomes mass-produced."

Err, "Spacer" meaning what, exactly?

In the Terran Empire there are genetically designed sub-species of humans: Martians, Heavies, Selkies, and Spacers.

Each one adapts the human body to a specific environment. Martians to low gravity/mars specifically. Heavies are high-gravity adaption, Spacers are intended to live most (if not all) their life in space, and Selkies can live underwater.

In the end, it's kind of irrelevant who joins who - it's a path to create a Unified Earth Government.

somewhere down the line someone will have to join someone. A better analogy of the North American Unification would be the European Union (and even that's not perfect in the current moment). Canada doesn't really join the US so much as merge to become a new larger entity.

NAFTA is basically the first step to a unified North America, much in the same way as the European Coal and Steel Community set the stage for what would become the EU. It's not about someone giving up their identity to become part of something else, but about multiple entities becoming more and more intertwined until it just makes sense to join together.

In the end, it's kind of irrelevant who joins who - it's a path to create a Unified Earth Government.

somewhere down the line someone will have to join someone. A better analogy of the North American Unification would be the European Union (and even that's not perfect in the current moment). Canada doesn't really join the US so much as merge to become a new larger entity.

Exactly what I was going for. It's not too long after that in the official CU that the UN is disbanded and a unified earth comes into play, and the easiest way for that to happen would be for the superpowers to grow larger, absorbing/unifying other large countries. EU, Russia, North America, Asian powers.

My explanation of the United States of North America is that Mexico falls on hard times, and a civil war breaks out, culminating when the US enters to finish it. In the clean up, the Mexican government has been so weakened that the US is able to set up their candidate to head the new government, which leads to them joining the US pretty soon. US/Canadian relations have been steadily improving over the years, especially after a series of terrorist attacks across Europe and the US creates a unification behind the US's anti-terrorism effort.

In the end, they band together because the EU is starting to become rather powerful, so it's as much a safety than anything. As was said, they're just unified governments, Canada and Mexico are both still rather independent.

Sorry if this is rambling and doesn't make a lot of sense, I rambled that off while watching the X-Files, so it may be somewhat disjointed. I'll post corrections soon as I can, thought this thread was dead, so haven't been checking it.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. These comments have actually helped me hammer that unification a bit more in my head.

And criticisms are certainly more than welcome.