Online Steampulp Game

hooligan x

Re: Online Steampulp Game

There is no magic, per se, but with lost worlds, Martian cities, and the wonder of the Aethernet, who knows what is to be unearthed next?

If everyone is having difficulty with their builds, I am open to revisiting the base points. As long as we have balanced builds based on the same points, another 50 points won't destroy my unique vision.

He's a straight-up combat monster with some fun RPing potential. I could probably trim down his points if necessary' date=' but you know how that is. :o Is anyone playing a archaeologist or librarian or researcher-type who wants to be my "chain holder"? :D[/quote']

I can do it, Bill. I don't have much of a board persona to build on but a researcher should be easy. You're building a vorpal bunny, aren't you?

CES

The Devilbunny

Val Char Cost

30 STR 20

18 DEX 24

20 CON 20

13 BODY 6

10 INT 0

10 EGO 0

5/20 PRE -5

16 COM 3

6 PD 0

6 ED 2

3 SPD 2

10 REC 0

40 END 0

40 STUN 2

6" RUN 0

1" SWIM -1

16" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 73

Cost Power

7 Supernatural Bunny Powers: Elemental Control, 14-point powers

8 1) Great Legs: Leaping +10" (16" forward, 8" upward) (Accurate)

4 2) Not Afraid of Anything: +15 PRE; Defensive PRE Only (-1)

8 3) Tougher Than He Looks: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%

8 4) Tougher Than He Looks: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 25%

14 5) Deadlier Than He Looks: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR); Reduced Penetration (-1/4)

13 6) Can't Really Die: Healing 1 BODY, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Does Not Work On Holy Damage (-1/4)

6 Mostly Bullet-Proof: Damage Resistance (6 PD/6 ED)

Powers Cost: 68

Cost Skill

10 +2 with DCV

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Concealment 11-

1 Seduction 8-

3 Shadowing 11-

5 Stealth 14-

Skills Cost: 28

Cost Perk

3 Anonymity

Perks Cost: 3

Cost Talent

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 175

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Distinctive Features: Magical (possibly evil?) Creature (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)

20 Enraged: In Combat Situations (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

5 Physical Limitation: Tiny (about a foot long, weighs about 10 pounds) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: No Hands (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

10 Psychological Limitation: Lecherous (Common, Moderate)

10 Psychological Limitation: Impulsive; Doesn't Like Complex Plans or Overthinking Problems (Common, Moderate)

15 Psychological Limitation: Must Obey His "Master" (Common, Strong)

15 Social Limitation: Rabbit; No Social Standing At All (Frequently, Major)

Disadvantage Points: 100

Base Points: 75

Background/History: Nobody knows where the Devilbunny came from. From what little can be determined, he is some sort of magical imp or djinn who was imprisoned inside a small, indistinct lamp until such time as he was freed by his current master. Why was he imprisoned thus? And why is he forced by powers beyond understanding to obey the holder of the lamp? No one is entirely certain, but it's probably because he's an angry, ornary little cuss who's sole goal in life seems to be to break stuff and hurt people. He was obviously some sort of criminal or thug in the mystical world, and was stuffed into the lamp as punishment. His current circumstances might be some sort of mystical "parole".

Personality/Motivation: He's... well, he's kind of a dick. Just don't ever say that to his face. His sole motivation seems to be to break stuff -- which he is shockingly good at (especially for something so small and harmless looking). Most of the time, he just hangs around, eating carrots and making snide comments. But when his master cuts him loose, he is a fearsome warrior indeed, able to chew through walls, trees, rocks, and people with equal ease.

Powers/Tactics: Rush in, break stuff, hurt people. He is a big hammer, and everything looks like a nail to him. If the bunny is ever killed (and he has been, a few times), he vanishes in a puff of sparks and smoke, only to reappear again in roughly the same place a few hours later (cursing and stomping his feet angrily). He sometimes likes to pretend to be some sort of walking dead creature for a few days (or weeks) afterwards, just to frighten (or annoy) people.

Campaign Use: Combat wombat. When a fight starts, set him loose and watch the carnage. Otherwise, all he's really good for is making snarky comments (and possibly sneaking around, since he's so small).

Appearance: The Devilbunny looks pretty much like an ordinary rabbit. He has long ears, a twitchy nose, big thumper feet, short white fur, and a cotton tail. To those who are magically sensitive, though, he radiates magical (with just a hint of something darker) energy. Oh, and he talks (with an American accent).

Couple of things:

1. Obviously, he's built on way too many points. I could probably trim him down, but y'all know how hard that can be! Suggestions are appreciated.

2. A little cheatery: His DR shouldn't go into an EC. I realize that. But the Bunny defies your petty rules! ;)

3. Since he's basically a genie, somebody needs to play the "master" who found his lamp and accidentally released him.

This is a joke I've posted before, so forgive me if you've seen it before...

A young man was walking along the beach. He's angry because some bully's been kicking sand in his face. Suddenly he comes upon an old lamp, half buried in the sand. He picks it up and wipes off the sand, and suddenly *POOF!* sitting on the beach next to him is a tiny, adorable little bunny rabbit.

"What the heck is this supposed to be?" the man wonders out loud.

"I'm a Devilbunny," the rabbit answers (to the man's great surprise).

"I was hoping for a genie," the man ventures.

"I'm better than any stupid genie," the rabbit says. "I'll completely destroy anything you want. Just say my name, and the name of what you want wrecked, and stand back."

"Nonsense," says the man.

"Try me," says the rabbit.

"OK..." he looks around. "Devilbunny, this piece of driftwood..."

The words are barely out of his mouth when the rabbit leaps into the air. Before he can blink, there's nothing left of the driftwood but some sawdust drifting in the breeze. The young man grins -- he's suddenly got an idea...

He picks up the bunny, goes over to the parking lot, and finds the bully's car. "Devilbunny, that red convertable," he says.

Again, the bunny turns into an engine of destruction. Within seconds, the only thing left is a lone tire, bouncing down the beach. The bully runs up and stares at the destruction. "What the hell did you do to my car?" he demands.

"Wasn't me," says the young man, pointing at the little rabbit grooming himself nearby. "It was the Devilbunny."

"Devilbunny?" the bully demands, growing furious. "Devilbunny, my ass!"

:eg::lol::eg:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok' date=' anyone? Bueler?[/quote']

It sounds awesome, but I have wanted to be sure I could commit before I committed. I've been subscribed and snooping all along.

I'm thinking of a scoundrel gambler who often says precisely the wrong thing at the worst possible time. Clever, charming and prone to epic fail tact. :D

I'm in. I'll have BoneDaddy, AKA the DeadFather, in by Tuesday.

A student of old world magic in the vain of Leland, Waite, and Levi. He has seen too much, and has access to powers undreamed by mortal men.

(Real magic powers? Not on 125 points, no, but a reasonable facsimile thereof.)