Online Steampulp Game

hooligan x

Since I am not going to any cons this summer I have decided to turn one of my con games into a HeroCentral game. Players would make characters based on their forum name/persona.

The game would take place in an early Edwardian timeline quite different from ours. The tone would be very light, with anachronistic puns welcome. Any interest out there?

This would be my second HC game (after my neglect caused the demise of the spooky pirates game). I plan to water and feed this one much more regularly. Promise.

Re: Online Steampulp Game

Sounds like fun. Is there any specific day and time to do this, or do we just post messages when we can?

And how do I make "tkdguy" sound more pulp/steampunk? Perhaps "Taekwondo Man" would work, although that sounds cheesy. I'd need an unusual background, though.

Edit: I could just call myself Mr. TKD. Then again, Taekwondo hadn't been "invented" at that time. I can use Taekkyon, its predecessor, so to speak.

Ok, quick notes: The game is set in 1880.

Since Victoria's assassination in 1866, King Edward has reigned.

The Confederate States and the USA have an uneasy truce.

Babbage's difference engine has been followed by airships and the Aethernet which allow for rapid communication all over the Empire.

How many points (base' date=' disads) in the game? What about skill levels?[/quote']

I am still working out the point base. right now I am leaning on 75/50 but I'll need to try making a character in that range to see how that will work.

What about skill levels? I'm for 'em! This is a slightly over the top-ish pulp fantasy so if you are the best shot in the world or god's own pastry chef, you should have a ridiculous skill level in that one area.

A little more background: I will be using historical figures but their motives/personalities might not be 100% historically accurate.

Athernet operators are able to transfer information across the Empire. The Empire even extends to the underground world of the Saknussum Caverns where British culture and science has civilized a tribe of Dryptosaurus Sapiens.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, we will be using 75pts base/50 disads, heroic builds. I'll take any questions on this thread or by PM. Again, I'd prefer if the characters were somehow based, or a twist on your forum persona. Feel free to post characters and backgrounds right here. I am looking for about 6 players.

Okay, I'm creating a blogger/political agitator type guy, kind of a mix between cory doctorow, the angry German expressionists and the futurists, but because he;s a net guy how cool would it be to have a guy with connections to the Flash Mob?

Ok' date=' we will be using 75pts base/50 disads, heroic builds. I'll take any questions on this thread or by PM. Again, I'd prefer if the characters were somehow based, or a twist on your forum persona. Feel free to post characters and backgrounds right here. I am looking for about 6 players.[/quote']

Do I have a forum persona?

I'm definately interested in playing though I'll have to ponder a bit about who I am.

• 2 weeks later...