Ist'vatha V'han

Lucius

I feel like a ninny.

It's only this morning that I finally connected the name Ist'vatha V'han the dimension-conquering villain from the Champions Universe, with the name Isstvan the would be dimension-conquering villain from the Myth Adventures works of the late, lamented Robert Asprin.

No wonder that name (Ist'vatha V'han) looked so familiar.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observes a minute of silence for Mr. Asprin

Re: Ist'vatha V'han

Don't feel ninnyish, Lucius. As I've never seen this mentioned anywhere on the boards (and never heard of Robert Asprin's character myself), you may well be the only HEROphile outside of V'han creator Steve Long who actually did get it. :king:

(Now watch Steve pop in to declare that he never heard of Isstvan.) ;)

I'm familiar with the Asprin character, and I've even remarked on the similarity in the names, but I don't think there's any actual correlation. He's a pretty obscure character even within the 'Myth' series. He's basically just an off-panel villain in the first story who shows up in one scene at the end of the book and is never seen again.

Istvan is a fairly common Slavic name, after all. And it's a variant of 'Steven'. So maybe that's where Mr. Long got the idea...

It's only this morning that I finally connected the name Ist'vatha V'han the dimension-conquering villain from the Champions Universe, with the name Isstvan the would be dimension-conquering villain from the Myth Adventures works of the late, lamented Robert Asprin.

Ummm... I have never read those books. It's a totally made-up name, neither inspired by influenced by anything.

The only Asprin books I've ever read were the early Thieves' World anthologies.

+2 XP for creative thinking, however. :thumbup: