DEF and BODY of common items

You know, I was thinking...it would be real useful to have a big ol' table/reference chart listing common items of all sorts, and what their DEF and BODY is. There are short lists scattered here and there throughout the Hero System, but no unified listing that I know of.

Even so, the short lists don't always list things you might need to know for that particular scenario. For example, Cybermind's warehouse hideout in Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth has a chain link fence around it, but the fence has no stats listed.

Somebody make a big list like this for me. Since I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Re: DEF and BODY of common items

How about the cast-iron skillet? Sure, you may never actually need to break one, but who hasn't seen a movie, tv show, cartoon, etc. where someone at some point gets brained with one?

Edit: Found it Ultimate Brick: 5 DEF, 2 BODY (sounds about right, would do about 7d6 as a blunt intrument)

The Ultimate Brick, pp142-147

Chain Link Fence: Ultimate Brick p146 (Body 2 DEF 5).

This is an excellent example of something that doesn't work well as simple DEF/BODY. I mean, if you hit the chain link bit of a chain link fence with a sledge hammed, chances are, unless you actually get th ehamemr head in through a link and tear some of the wire, the fence is going to be completely unaffected. By and large, bullets and many projectiles are going to simply miss, passing throught he gaps.

Energy, large objects and the application of strength are probably the best way to take down a CLF.

Now I'm not suggesting we should develop more intricate rules for damaging objects - ther is only so much time in the day - but I think it would be a really nice idea to simply point out that not every attack is going to be equally effective, and just use the examples in the book to extrapolate from.

This is where the interaction of SFX and the proper use of Limitations come into play.

A gun with Beam and/or Real Weapon shooting at a Chain Link Fence should be completely ineffective. And if you are modeling the SFX of "gun" correctly it should have one or both of those Limitations on it.

Hero handles these things just fine. It just requires you to use your brain instead of the Rule Book on occasion. It's ok to do that - the book said so.