What can I do with a Crowd?

Sociotard

I am trying to make a character who is a Mistress of Social Networking. She has a few obvious supertalents, like Smear Campaign (Minor Transform, Person in to Person with a Rep disadvantage) and Get the Word Out (Telepathy, AOE, only to transmit). I was also trying to give her the ability to summon a crowd of protesters. At first I was just going to build it as a summon, but then I realized I didn't know what I could do with them. The crowd was just a special effect I wanted, but I didn't know what to do with them.

What do you recomend? Maybe as a power to close off streets? Or a powerful presence attack?

Re: What can I do with a Crowd?

Just use the Summon Power, making them all Normals with appropriate Skills and a couple of Disadvantages to pay for them. Apply the Amicable Advantage to the Summon at the appropriate level. Then let them behave as the Power would have them do, performing any variety of tasks depending on the specifics of the situation. They could block off passages, throw small objects at the PCs, or whatever seems fitting at the moment.

I am trying to make a character who is a Mistress of Social Networking. She has a few obvious supertalents' date=' like [i']Smear Campaign[/i] (Minor Transform, Person in to Person with a Rep disadvantage) and Get the Word Out (Telepathy, AOE, only to transmit). I was also trying to give her the ability to summon a crowd of protesters. At first I was just going to build it as a summon, but then I realized I didn't know what I could do with them. The crowd was just a special effect I wanted, but I didn't know what to do with them.

What do you recomend? Maybe as a power to close off streets? Or a powerful presence attack?

Read the Hackmaster overbearing rules...:eg:

The crowd can suppress any Voice, Presence, Persuasion, or others skills with its jeering.

other social networking powers:

Presence Destruction: continuous, any range (humiliation)

Transformation: change reps into other disads (gossip)

Indirect Attacks: tipping off hunters and watchers (back-channels)

You could quite easily do anything with them that people do with Flash Mob
Yeah' date=' that's where I got the idea.
PD/ED Force Wall? Movement Drain? SFX of Invisibility? SFX of Density Increase?
Good ideas, especially the invisibility.
The crowd can suppress any Voice, Presence, Persuasion, or others skills with its jeering.

other social networking powers:

Presence Destruction: continuous, any range (humiliation)

Transformation: change reps into other disads (gossip)

Indirect Attacks: tipping off hunters and watchers (back-channels)

Ooh, I like some of your networking power ideas. Especially the indirect attacks one.

The big ability I think is in enhancing your ability to hide from view or track someone without being noticed. To disappear into the crowd and become "Just One of the Crowd". It's easy to follow someone when they're in the middle of your crowd, or for you to be well hidden.

Escape and evasion also gets easier. Did you disappear down a manhole or out through the shops? Can't tell, there were too many bodies.