Mutants and Masterminds Paragons

nexus

Re: Mutants and Masterminds Paragons

It depends on what you are looking for, to be honest.

It's a toolkit on making "supers in the real world" style superhero games. But it is also majorly influenced by it's own set of artifacts. I have it. It has some good ideas. But it is something you really need to evaluate for yourself.

Well, IMO it is definitely useful and worth a look if one plans to play a postmodern "supers as realistic people in realistic world" game. It is built like a toolkit of ideas and option for such a setting and play style, and supports various options for origins of supers (even if the default assumption is kinda psionics) and both low-key play a la Heroes or 4400, or high-powered a la Smallville or Aberrant. Characters and rules are fitted for M&M, of course, but the setting ideas can be transplanted to CHampions without too much difficulty IMO.

Eh, I liked it. And they had a neat social change system to make you think, plus a lot of explanation of why things were put in. Oh, and a logical system for stuff like Aberrants Taint or changing people with powers. That said, if you read straight through and don't realize that it's meant as a toolkit rather then a default setting, it's confusing. There's a lot of villains and heroes that can't exist in the same world. Honestly, I don't think M&M has put out a bad hero sourcebook yet, and this is no exception.

• 1 month later...

Eh' date=' I liked it. And they had a neat social change system to make you think, plus a lot of explanation of why things were put in. Oh, and a logical system for stuff like Aberrants Taint or changing people with powers. That said, if you read straight through and don't realize that it's meant as a toolkit rather then a default setting, it's confusing. There's a lot of villains and heroes that can't exist in the same world. Honestly, I don't think M&M has put out a bad hero sourcebook yet, and this is no exception.[/quote']

Crooks 2e

While I was thinking about it I will just say there are some Paragons' pdf previews on the M&M site. You can check them out. They might give you a bit of info to help you decide whether you might be interested in the book or not.

http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/gimmicks_gadgets/cat_paragons.php