Fire Powers

Tech

It's been awhile since I created a fire-using superhero. I'm interested in hearing some of the fire powers others have come up with. There's:

* A fiery EB

* a fiery RKA (AP or not)

* Flight

* a fiery Damage Shield

Yeah, there's a whole lot more but I'm tired and can't think. Can anyone else give me suggestions for powers (with actual write-ups if you can); I'd appreciate it. :)

Re: Fire Powers

Geeze, firepowers? There's, like, a billion things to do with it.

The usual energy blast, RKA, and energy blast: explosion, natch.

Flash and flash explosion.

Darkness (Smoke) and/or NND area of effect.

Change Environment (Hot feet!)

RKA, uncontrolled, continuous, 1 hex AoE with hole in the middle (Creates fire around one hex that doesn't burn inside ... touch it, tho, and roast. Great way to cage crooks.)

Autofire EB or RKA (lil' firedarts)

Continuous energy blast or RKA (Jet of flame)

RKA damage shield (Too hot to handle)

Heck, can even get an entangle, only vs targets on a surface (Melt the asphalt under their feet, then cook it solid when they sink ankle deep)

TONS of options.

Do you already have "UNTIL Super Powers Database" or "Fantasy HERO Grimoire?" If you do, they both have LOADS of Fire-based powers.

If you don't, they are both worthwhile investments.

(I'm sure "The Ultimate Energy Projector" has a few ideas in it as well, but I haven't looked at it yet...)

These are great. In my defence' date=' I [i']did[/i] say I was tired. :)

Any suggestions for Drains, Transfers or even Missile Deflect/Reflect?

...yeah, I'm still tired and brain isn't working. :doi:

Deflection is an easy one, since it's an aborted action the character could be throwing balls of fire to incinerate the projectile. Alternatively, if we're talking a body of fire you may add a trigger with a zero phase or auto reset condition so that ranged attacks just burn up on impact.

Also, on the body of fire line there's always Desolid only verses Fire if you want to go for immunity.

Any suggestions for Drains' date=' Transfers or even Missile Deflect/Reflect?[/quote']

Drain: BODY and/or DEF (melt) CON ("hot in here")

Transfer: Fire-based to Fire powers (draw in surrounding heat/flames)

Missile Deflect: Flash-fry incoming missiles, SFX for Fire immunity (if you see it coming and make your roll, of course)

Do you already have "UNTIL Super Powers Database" or "Fantasy HERO Grimoire?" If you do, they both have LOADS of Fire-based powers. If you don't, they are both worthwhile investments.

(I'm sure "The Ultimate Energy Projector" has a few ideas in it as well, but I haven't looked at it yet...)

Pesky real-life has prevented me from buying any hero products for awhile, so I'd have to give a definite 'Nope, don't have it'.

Pesky real-life has prevented me from buying any hero products for awhile' date=' so I'd have to give a definite 'Nope, don't have it'.[/quote']

Understandable. I've been squandering a lot of my game book money on food and rent myself...

It's been awhile since I created a fire-using superhero. I'm interested in hearing some of the fire powers others have come up with. There's:

* A fiery EB

* a fiery RKA (AP or not)

* Flight

* a fiery Damage Shield

Yeah, there's a whole lot more but I'm tired and can't think. Can anyone else give me suggestions for powers (with actual write-ups if you can); I'd appreciate it. :)

Here's one you don't often see. Sailor Mars included among her suite of fire powers the ability to look into a fire and get prophetic visions.

Here's one you don't often see. Sailor Mars included among her suite of fire powers the ability to look into a fire and get prophetic visions.

Technically she was doing that before she became Sailor Mars, and that owed more to her mystical/spiritual background than her than her Sailor Senshi power suite. Likewise the two crows she could talk to...... ^_^