Random cave maps

Curufea

Re: Random cave maps

Yes.

I have a text file listing what the tiles' filenames are, and what their edge connections are. My thinking on this is that if I add other tiles sets, I can modify the text file to include them, or use more than one file.

There are 28 different types of edges for these tiles.

I'll be adding a form so you can change the dimensions of the map.

Now done. You can do size 1-50 maps. Any larger and you tend to run into server calculation time limits. Although it may be possible if I lower the random choosing loop. I'll experiment.

The original tiles in the Skeleton Key Games sets are 6 squares wide and high, one tile per page and are of print quality. They are meant for 25mm figures - each square being one inch in size. This scales to one square = around 6 feet or approximately 2 metres.

If someone wishes to supply tiles with a hex grid, I can use them as well.

On a further note, I won't be providing better quality/resolution versions of these tiles - even these thumbnail size images are pushing the boundaries of fair use and copyright. I assuage my conscience by providing alternate text that describes which tile and which set you can get it from :)

Here you go-

[ATTACH]29291[/ATTACH]

The tile stats are listed on sheet 1. The guts of the map are shown on sheet 2 as well as the button to generate the map, and the button to fill in the edges (hit ALT+F11 to see the VBA macro). Sheet 3 has the HTML I cut & pasted to form maps 2-9. Sheet 4 is used to create the text files I use for the PHP version.

On a side note - you can put maps on your own pages without needing to copy the images, by taking the final HTML and inserting a base HREF tag to point to my website.

Here you go-

[ATTACH]29291[/ATTACH]

The tile stats are listed on sheet 1. The guts of the map are shown on sheet 2 as well as the button to generate the map, and the button to fill in the edges (hit ALT+F11 to see the VBA macro). Sheet 3 has the HTML I cut & pasted to form maps 2-9. Sheet 4 is used to create the text files I use for the PHP version.

On a side note - you can put maps on your own pages without needing to copy the images, by taking the final HTML and inserting a base HREF tag to point to my website.

Thank you!

Looking forward to the random starship generator.

Nice - There needs to be a way to set the text and how many there should be.

If I have a form where the user specifies how many text boxes they want, it will add another stage to the process because I then have to generate a form for all the text boxes...

Hmm..

How about a large text box, and every line that some enters (separated by a carriage return) generates another moveable text box? That way you can enter text, and specify how many there should be at the same time.