Anti-electrical power, a thread for munchkins, rules lawyers, and rules abusers

JmOz

Re: Anti-electrical power, a thread for munchkins, rules lawyers, and rules abusers

Bit off the wall but how about a 3d6 SPD drain with the limitation that the target's speed does not actually drop but each point of SPD lost is a phase upon which they cannot use their electrical powers. So a SPD 5 character hot with this and losing 1 SPD could only use electrical powers on phases 5, 8, 10 and 12, but not phase 3. If he loses another point of speed he can only use electrical powers on phases 8, 10 and 12. And so on.

I'd say that was worth at least -1. Depending on when you use it you could completely stop an opponent using electical powers, with constant re-application.

And it is not even munchkinny :)

Re: Anti-electrical power, a thread for munchkins, rules lawyers, and rules abusers

Bit off the wall but how about a 3d6 SPD drain with the limitation that the target's speed does not actually drop but each point of SPD lost is a phase upon which they cannot use their electrical powers. So a SPD 5 character hot with this and losing 1 SPD could only use electrical powers on phases 5, 8, 10 and 12, but not phase 3. If he loses another point of speed he can only use electrical powers on phases 8, 10 and 12. And so on.

I'd say that was worth at least -1. Depending on when you use it you could completely stop an opponent using electical powers, with constant re-application.

And it is not even munchkinny :)

Not bad... make it suppress instead (Powder gone, power is back)...

OK, here is the challange for the hero community. 30 Active points Cap, must stop 60 Active points of electrical powers , can be all or nothing, should work fairly quickly. Real cost is not important here, but the Active points cap is...

F/X is a powder that hits the electrical villain and then they can no longer use there powers until it is washed off (With water, or scraped up)

as the thread says this is open for any abusive build you guys can think of...

The 30pt. AP cap is obviously the hard part. I think a 1d6, 0 END, Continuous, Uncontrolled, Variable Effect (all Electrical Powers) Suppress with Physical Manifestation suggested by the others is the best way to go, unless your target has any Power Defense that is.

Of course, I'd have absolutely zero problem just calling it a special effect, if it happened only once ever, at no point cost.

That's the point of special effects, just like a fire power being doused by a sudden gout of water (once) or a water power being absorbed by a random silo of cornstarch bursting open, or a vampire discovering that yes, holy water does burn like the dickens even if you specifically left it off your character sheet.

Had an idea' date=' but need to figure it out...If you have Force Field, UAA, what would it do?[/quote']

It would give the character the ability to put a defensive Force Field around anyone or anything while keeping complete control of it. Your character pays the END and can turn off the UAA Force Field at any time (unlike UBO).

I have 2 builds right now for this

Silicate powder (build 1): Suppress 0 1/2d6, all Electrical powers simultaneously (+2), Sticky (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Can Apply (Remove) Adders (+1), Continuous (+1), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1), Explosion (-1 DC/3"; +1), Autofire (10 shots; +1), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (30 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), 12 Charges (-1/4), Can Be Missile Deflected (-1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4)

Silicate powder (build 2): FW (11 UD: Electrical; 2" long and 1" tall) (30 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2), 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4), form fitting (-1/4), Can be missile deflected (-1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4)

With alot of help (and downright stealing from) this thread

Also I know I joked about EDM at the start of the thread, but let us not forget that other standby - transform. A standard superheroic character probably averages 15 Body so you need 30 points of effect for a major transform (and turning off powers probably is major). That is about 9 dice of effect or 4-5 applications on a straight 2d6 transform. Cut down the dice though to 1d6+1 and make it partial and your opponent's powers could start becoming unreliable, shorting out, long before they are fully transformed.

Probably not quick enough but worth thinking about. You might even persuade the GM it is a minor transform - it is certainly not as drastic as turning someone to stone.

Also I know I joked about EDM at the start of the thread, but let us not forget that other standby - transform. A standard superheroic character probably averages 15 Body so you need 30 points of effect for a major transform (and turning off powers probably is major). That is about 9 dice of effect or 4-5 applications on a straight 2d6 transform. Cut down the dice though to 1d6+1 and make it partial and your opponent's powers could start becoming unreliable, shorting out, long before they are fully transformed.

Probably not quick enough but worth thinking about. You might even persuade the GM it is a minor transform - it is certainly not as drastic as turning someone to stone.

Yah but as with most Transforms, by the time it works you could have just beaten the victim unconscious with a frozen sausage (and Power Defense doesn't apply to most meats!).

Yah but as with most Transforms' date=' by the time it works you could have just beaten the victim unconscious with a frozen sausage (and Power Defense doesn't apply to most meats!).[/quote']

You are right of course, but I couldn't let a thread like this go without at least suggesting Transform. I have a reputation to maintain.

I'm off to put the finishing touches to my ham armour :D

Silicate powder (build 2): FW (11 UD: Electrical; 2" long and 1" tall) (30 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2)' date=' 1 Continuing Charge lasting 1 Hour (-1/4), form fitting (-1/4), Can be missile deflected (-1/4), Range Based On STR (-1/4)[/quote']

11 UD? Is that like ED?

And is it transparent to physical, or does even a tiny attack break the force wall by "scattering the powder?"

11 UD? Is that like ED?

And is it transparent to physical, or does even a tiny attack break the force wall by "scattering the powder?"

Unified Defence, it works vs both PD and ED but only vs a limited F/x (And I realised I was makeing a mistake about it, thought it worked against all forms of attack based on that Def, including Flash, PowD, etc...) It's from Ultimate Energy Projector

The second question, I do see some physical attacks working against it and others not (Mainly a matter of you can clear the dust easily by shoving it off but a knife wound would not do it)

• 2 years later...