the goblin glider

mwiggins

Re: the goblin glider

Can go either way.

Last time I built something like it it was a Multipower: Flight and an indirect EB (Remote controlled to hit heros while they were pummeling the Goblin). I might have even made it OIF rather than OAF (Stunned, falls, wakes up, glider catches Goblin automatically)

I would say Vehicle. There are numerous occasions where, through a remote or some such, the vehicle has operated independently of Gobby.

A vehicle with a limited AI.

However, a simplified version could very easily simply be a focus.

An example of building it as a Vehicle can be found in the Vehicle Sourcebook p150.

It can be simply a Special Effect for Flight or built as a Focus, as some other possibilities.

The question you really have to answer is: how easy is it to get it away from the character, can anyone use it, and what other possible characteristics could it have (from independent flight and action, to "teleporting back to base when the user mentally commands it")

An example of building it as a Vehicle can be found in the Vehicle Sourcebook p150.

The question you really have to answer is: how easy is it to get it away from the character, can anyone use it, and what other possible characteristics could it have (from independent flight and action, to "teleporting back to base when the user mentally commands it")

Wish I had the vehicle book. I was thinking about remote control. I don't know how to do that either.. Mind control? minus something (?) because it only works on one machine?

There's also a version in Gadgets And Gear (Rocket Flyer' date=' p109)[/quote'] I was thinking it was a little more like the flight flight platform gadgets and gear pg105. (they're both very alike) drop the hand rails and add some clinging to the divice "Only to keep pilot onboard"

I would say Vehicle. There are numerous occasions where, through a remote or some such, the vehicle has operated independently of Gobby.

A vehicle with a limited AI.

use the automiton rules?

I was thinking it was a little more like the flight flight platform gadgets and gear pg105. (they're both very alike) drop the hand rails and add some clinging to the divice "Only to keep pilot onboard"

Why would it need clinging? If you don't want somone to fall off the thing, don't use the limitation that allows you to be knocked off.

Why would it need clinging? If you don't want somone to fall off the thing' date=' don't use the limitation that allows you to be knocked off.[/quote']

I want the chance of being knocked off. where is your sense of drama? :)

besides, it's not for me. I'm making a few starter characters to (attempt) to start my own game with.

• 2 weeks later...

Making it a vehicle (rather than an MP) adds a level of complexity that, to me, doesn't really bring anything to the game with the notable exception of being able to accidently killing myself with it. I'd forgive a GM who in the event that I aimed the indirect attack from the MP at a character standing in front of me and missed gave the glider a chance to hit me instead.