The Justice Patrol

incrdbil

I made up this NPC hero team for one of my PBEM's; just thought I'd post them for use by anyone else. They are not terribly powerful overlal, though they do have members with some potent powers. I view 350 as a good point for low power starting heroes. They have enough background for you to figure out team dynamics, and their roles are very clear, as most of them are very simple concepts. I hope you get some use out of them, and forgive me for some of the not-so-hidden inspirations from various mediums :)

Re: The Justice Patrol

unfortunately my computer doesn't open pdfs

I'll post the hdc's a bit later today, but I heartily suggest the adobe reader for free. And their are plenty of freeware applicatiosn that let you create simple PDF's documents from your word processor as well.

Ok, for those in my PBEM, look away, real secrets abound.

Here is a villain I plan to use--for my PBEM, he would have taken over the NPC team, the Justice Patrol, and much of the local infrstructure and government. the Pc's would have to work their way inwards facing these challenges (not a heavy combat for the PC's really, they could dust the floor with the Patrol and Dominator, this adventure is more of a role-play/deductive challenge, especially as Dominator uses hordes of innocents as fodder without hesitation).

Still, for those using the Justice Patrol in some fashion, here is a good ready made bush-league master villain. He makes a good 'hunted' for those with a mystery disadvantage. (See Dominators psych why he may hunt a hero w/o that hero knowing)

Nice.

I've only looked at Arsenal so far, but I have two "quibble" comments;

109+70+140+7+23=349 points. Are you holding one in reserve?

If she really has:

Hair Color: Blue

Eye Color: Blonde

shouldn't that qualify as a distinctive feature? (I assume they were typos.)

Nice.

I've only looked at Arsenal so far, but I have two "quibble" comments;

109+70+140+7+23=349 points. Are you holding one in reserve?

yep.

If she really has:

Hair Color: Blue

Eye Color: Blonde

shouldn't that qualify as a distinctive feature? (I assume they were typos)

Yep--or you can say its a leftover from a trip to the 'bad anime' universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, more stuff. I may actually have my players play as the Justice Patrol for a few games--just a change of pace. So I made a new villain team for them to face..which will probably be named by the media in a not-so-original manner as the "Injustice Patrol." (Maybe after a few in game injured reporters I"ll come up with a new name).

I'll post the characters as I get around to them. First up, the leader, Firepower.

Next member (members?)

AC and DC- two personalities of three sharing one body...complicated by the duplication power.

A background update for AC/DC. Firepower and the other team members don't know about the base personality, Jenny. Once AC or DC manifest, they can hold off the Jenny personality from manifesting for some time, but they realize that too long a gap in Jenny's memory may make her likely to seek treatment. It's rather random, based on Jenny's current situation and day which personality takes over.

The campaign purpose for this is, of course, to create opportunities for players desiring more subplot/roleplaying opportunities with villains. Jenny would make a great potential girlfriend.

The duplication and combination of absorbtion and the succor power make the character potential very powerful. (an average succor roll plus maximum absorbtion allows 66 actie points to be added to any one power) This makes the characters perfect for tos esuprise ambushes or initial encounters where villains may seem unstoppable--and them effective roleplay or thinking by the players could easily provoke AC or DC into not helping each other. Though it isn't obvious, a PC who watches carefully may not the 'Corsican sisters' effect, or more closely how AC and DC never get to close to each other, and then figure out the 'grounding out' suceptibility.