A character made of stone

mallet

Hi everyone,

I have a PC who wants to build a character that is a statue that has come to life (inhabited by the soul of a person sacrificed by Demon).

How would you guys handle stating out the solid stone body of a character like this? What powers/build would you recommend?

I'm debating between Armor or Resistant Damage Reduction for the "stone factor"

Full life support (well, maybe not diminished sleeping-- his mind might still need to rest) to cover the fact that he's a solid stone statue.

Higher CON & STR & BOD

What do you guys think? How would you do it?

Re: A character made of stone

In the past I've used Density Increase, but often it's just as easy to take a physical disad for any unsually heavy weight (the trick being for the GM to remember that when he's in areas where the floor may not be so strong), low DEX/SPD seems to suit itself to statuary/golems.

There's the Automaton power, but that has a nasty combination of making the guy invulnerable to STUN and costing outrageously (since DEF costs are trippled).

Consider a really high resistant DEF but making some portion of it "ablative" to bring down the cost. Simulates rock being blasted away by mighty blows.

I made a statue once that had only the sense of touch, which extended to a sort of motion/ground sense.

I've done it a ridiculously large number of different ways over the years. I have a group of statues that all have the limitation that they only come to life under specific circumstances. (One of those being within proximity of another of their kind; They were enchanted thousands of years ago to fight one another, like active chess pieces. So two somehow wind up in a museum and *BAM*, instant fight after hours). While most of them were pretty grim, the most humorous of the statues was a cherub that was part of a fountain. It was one of those cherubs they use to "refill" the pool. (Read: He pees into the pool) It struck me funny that maybe he doesn't stop peeing once he comes to life. Sent my players into hysterics.

Wow, I'm getting off topic.

Don't forget immortality and life support. Don't think your statue should be drowning or dying of old age.

Re: A character made of stone

It's not fundamentally different than a robot, a "colossus" knock off, or any other sort of inanimate character. There is a real problem with this sort of character, which is that by the time you've finished modeling all the things that sort of inanimate state grants you'll have spent a bundle.

Full Life Support, Power Defense, a high def, and PhysLim Heavy are a given. Most such characters are also really strong, and its about the only archetype you're going to find success with since STR is so cheap.

Here are a few metal dude / robot characters that might be helpful to you, but their point levels are much higher than a starting character:

Colossus conversion by Edsel

By me:

T.H.U.G. -- Sturdy Agent-rung Robot

Crux -- more of a clayface character, but can go super-hard --> check out "Statuesque" ability

ERG-9 and Containment Suit -- ERG-9 is an energy form that animates a containment suit. You could obviously modify this to serve a spirit form that animates a stone statue.

Mr Roboto -- 1300 point Robot Master Villain

War-Man -- a robotic body merged with a human mind; OIHID version

War-Man Basher Form -- a robotic body merged with a human mind; Multiform version

War-Man Blaster Form -- a robotic body merged with a human mind; Multiform version

War-Man Puny Human Form -- a robotic body merged with a human mind; Multiform version

Ferrous -- Colossus knock off; Body of Metal abilities might be directly liftable for you.