League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 2008

Shaft

Re: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 2008

Come on guys' date=' four pages and no one has suggested [i']Bernard Quatermass?[/i] Only one of the quintessential British heroes of this century...

Oh, and John Carter is in the prologue to LoEG II, so he probably shouldn't be in the modern version.

I suggested him on the first page along with Dr Simon Quist (Doomwatch). Quatermass would handle the space sciences while Quist would take the planetary ones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

King Arthur is supposed to come back when Britain is in peril and Merlin is supposedly stuck in an island cave for eternity so either of them could be freed/summoned and dropped into a Modern League.

I would throw in another vote for James Bond, Doctor Who and Constantine.

A few other outside possibilities and characters who might have a cameo in modern league stories.

Jonathan Creek.

Zenith

Private Cooper. (Would require a Mina-esque rewrite in which he was bitten by the Werewolves).

Modesty Blaise

Artemis Fowl

Lady Door

Was thinking the same thing there. She'd be very useful.

Was thinking the same thing there. She'd be very useful.

But prone to be politically entangled with other power blocks for London Below. She might have time for an adventure now and then, possibly - but would quite likely have her peers interrupt at some stage. She'd be more available before she became the last of her family/house.

Considering I run a time-displaced James Bond in a semi-four-color (or would that be four-colour?) Champions game, I also nominate him. This vote is not just for that, however: just a Google search for "fictional British hero" brings him up more often than anyone else- and I honestly thought it would be Sherlock Holmes!

Another vote for some more female membership: Modesty Blaise, the female M, et al. Perhaps Lara Croft?

Also:

Bulldog Drummond

John Drake/Number 6

Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. (although not British, he has a Scottish father)

Simon Templar aka "The Saint"

Considering I run a time-displaced James Bond in a semi-four-color (or would that be four-colour?) Champions game, I also nominate him. This vote is not just for that, however: just a Google search for "fictional British hero" brings him up more often than anyone else- and I honestly thought it would be Sherlock Holmes!

Another vote for some more female membership: Modesty Blaise, the female M, et al. Perhaps Lara Croft?

Also:

Bulldog Drummond

John Drake/Number 6

Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. (although not British, he has a Scottish father)

Simon Templar aka "The Saint"

if not a MEMBER indy would make a good ALLY for the league as would lady croft