League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 2008

Shaft

Who would be in the 2008 lineup of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? It is my opinion that the League's members would have to be British and possess skills usable in an espionage setting mixed with Urban Fantasy. Also, restricting the characters to Brits restricts the choices since otherwise the options are infinite.

My choices so far:

James Bond

Betsy Braddock

Rupert Giles

Duncan Macleod

Tara Chace

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for 2008

John Steed

Emma Peel

Tara King

The Champions

The Professionals

William Bodie

Raymond Doyle

Although they'd be more the "fish out of water" type, as they were "grim'n'gritty" super cops.

Doctor Who ex companions:

Barbara Wright

Ian Chesterton

Sarah Jane Smith (currently active!)

Doctor Martha Jones

Doctor Elizabeth Shaw

Jo Grant

Ian Sullivan

Any modern-day League would have some reference to Unit, at least in passing...

Who would be in the 2008 lineup of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? It is my opinion that the League's members would have to be British and possess skills usable in an espionage setting mixed with Urban Fantasy. Also, restricting the characters to Brits restricts the choices since otherwise the options are infinite.

My choices so far:

James Bond

Betsy Braddock

Rupert Giles

Duncan Macleod

Tara Chace

i remember a syndicated british tv show called dempsey and makepeace where sgt dempsey the american was loaned out to scotland yard for protection after he testified in a court case he was teamed with a female british officer named makepeace she could be in the league as a police liason either legitamate orders or duped by fraudulent orders she believes to be legitamate as in LOEG the movie

Guest Major Tom

How about Harry Potter (post-Book 7)? There's at least two LXG fanfics that

I'm aware of in which he's recruited to be part of the team (along with his SO

Ginny Weasley). Granted, there's the little problem of the Obliviators to deal

with, but there's no denying that he fits the "extraordinary" requirement.

Major Tom :cool:

Guest Major Tom

Professor Bernard Quatermass and Dr. Simon Quist (Doomwatch) as your science leads.

Don't forget about the original Dr. Jacob Hood (as done by Patrick Stewart).

How about Harry Potter (post-Book 7)? There's at least two LXG fanfics that

I'm aware of in which he's recruited to be part of the team (along with his SO

Ginny Weasley). Granted, there's the little problem of the Obliviators to deal

with, but there's no denying that he fits the "extraordinary" requirement.

that mr potter DOES

Shaft, your namesake could be in there, he was a bad motha-(shutting my mouth). Dirty Harry, Detective John Maclane (Die Hard), and others of that type might fit. How about Marv from Sin City? Why can't comic book characters be involved, what about Captain America and Batman? How about horror characters, the wolf man perhaps?

This is a fun question, and even though you've already got more than enough ideas (I especially like the idea of an ex Companion and/or Torchwood staffer) I'm going to play along.

Jane Tennison of Prime Suspect should totally be the boss.

Elsa Bloodstone would fit in brilliantly, as would one of the vampire hunters from Ultraviolet. The tormented medium from Afterlife is more of a stretch, but would add some pathos.

Isn't action star Jason Statham British? There's gotta be some potential there...

Guest Major Tom

What about Number Six?

:eg:

That might be a tad problematic, especially since it was by no means a

certainty that he had actually escaped from The Village for good.

Major Tom :sneaky:

"We want information...information...information."

Guest Major Tom

Shaft' date=' your namesake could be in there, he was a bad motha-(shutting my mouth). Dirty Harry, Detective John Maclane (Die Hard), and others of that type might fit. How about Marv from Sin City? Why can't comic book characters be involved, what about Captain America and Batman? How about horror characters, the wolf man perhaps?[/quote']

As far as comic book characters go, Shaft's already listed one in his initial

post: Betsy Braddock, a.k.a. Psylocke (Captain Britain's sister).

There's also Sir Integra Hellsing (from the Hellsing anime). Anybody who's

got vampires working for her has got the "extraordinary" part nailed 5 by 5.

That might be a tad problematic, especially since it was by no means a

certainty that he had actually escaped from The Village for good.

Major Tom :sneaky:

"We want information...information...information."

There's always Dangerman/Secret Agent.

Ok I’m thinking of a few members for a early 70s team The ITC league

Jeff Randall

Randall is a private detective with an uncanny knack for surveillance and a tendency to become involved in the stranger type of crime.

He is quick, agile and light on his feet and is able to manoeuvre around attackers very briskly but often shows a distinct lack of physical strength and stamina.

Possibly caused by his heavy smoking and drinking not to mention his womanizing. He is a man of indeterminate morals equal parts noble and honest and scheming and mercenary.

Joe McClaine

The youngest member of the team only in his late teens when the team forms he's an experienced agent and knowledgeable way beyond his years. The only problem is he seems to suffer from some strange mood and personality swings and his superior knowledge is transitory at best.

Professor Franklin Nebuchadnezzar Stone.

A brilliant scientist he was decades ahead of his peers with his advances in robotics and prosthetic. He is surprisingly strong and robust for a scientist of his age. He is currently prisoner of her majesty’s government following earlier misuses of his inventions and is assisting the league in the hopes of earning an early release.

Sharron Macready

An agent for a United Nations law enforcement organization called "Nemesis", based in Geneva. She is the widow of a noted scientist and scientist and doctor in her own right. She currently on a leave of absence from nemesis, while she tries to discover the truth regarding the disappearance of her colleagues Craig Stirling and Richard Barrett.

She reluctantly joins the league as the best hope of finding them.

John Drake

An experienced British agent when he attempted to resign from his agency his bosses asked him to participate in one final operation the test of a new hallucinogenic truth compound as one of eh most formidable wills in eth agency they felt that if its could extract information from him then it would work on anybody.

His exposure to the compound put him into a coma for six months trapping him in a vivid fantasy state in which constructs of his own mind attempted to break his will.

Eventually drake learned the truth that he was in charge of the whole nightmare and managed to awaken him. Following his debriefing, he went into retirement and spent a couple of years away from the espionage world. His retirement would prove eventually to only be temporary.

Growing bored with his sedentary life he returned to the UK seeking the most outlandish of missions he eventually was picked to assemble and lead the latest incarnation of the league.

Agent Drake uses his intelligence, charm, and quick-thinking rather than force. As the leader of the team his knowledge of tactics and rapid ability to work out a viable plan are real assets as is his ability to magnet the disparate personalities involved.

Even with his other gifts his most useful skill when dealing with the uncanny situations the leagues mission put him in is his incredible mental fortitude he has been through things that would drive other men mad and persevered.

My choices so far:

James Bond

Betsy Braddock

Rupert Giles

Duncan Macleod

Tara Chace

i just realized i know all of these save ms. chase who is she?

This is a fun question' date=' and even though you've already got more than enough ideas (I especially like the idea of an ex Companion and/or Torchwood staffer) I'm going to play along.[/quote']

Captain Jack would fit in nicely with this lineup, wouldn't he?

There's always Dangerman/Secret Agent.

There's been some speculation that Dangerman/Secret Agent is Number 6.

At any rate, it would very much in keeping with the spirit of the League stories to find out that an escaped (and vengeful) Number Six is in fact their enemy...

Apparently' date=' the heroine of a comic called Queen and Country.

Tara Chace is a British spy who works in the Special Section of SIS (code named the Minders). The series is heavilly based on the old Sandbaggers BBC TV show that ran in the late 70s for 3 seasons.

I highly recommend it for anyone who likes gritty espionage. The Minders' worst enemy is often the bureaucracy of the civil service.