Millenium City Car Chip Reality

sbarron

It gave me an Edgar Friendly moment - yech.

"You got that right. You see, according to Cockteau's plan, I'm the enemy because I like to think. I like to read, I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy that could sit in a greasy spoon and wonder gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs or the side order of gravy fries. I want high cholesterol. I would eat bacon and butter and buckets of cheese. OK. I want to smoke Cuban cigars the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why, because I might suddenly feel the need to. OK? Pal, I've seen the future. Know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his pajamas, sipping a banana-broccoli shake, singing 'I'm the Oscar Meyer wiener'. You live up top, you live how he wants. Your other choice: come down here and maybe starve to death."

Big Brother knows no Bounds!!! :mad: It is not enough that there is not any privacy in our own home anymore, now they are doing more than watching where we go and when. If they were not already doing this I might even claim that they were putting a black box into every vehicle. Even though the article is British, there is nothing to stop America from doing the same thing, especially if they see that the Brits are getting alot of money and the people do not seem to be protesting it.

You have not been watching the news in the last 6 months? apparrently, there already exists a chip that are in certain cars and insurance companies can access the information. the chip records whether the brakes were hit, how fast you were going, etc. I have seen it on 20/20 or 48 hours a few months ago.

While the technology is probably out there (i'd heard of similar things, mainly the gps/car theft thing, and the sensor to keep cars at certain distances) think of the cost and necessity of putting the sensors everywhere. The government still has trouble with street lights staying on, but these sensors will work? I'll wait 'till something other than the Sun has the story to start looking at it seriously (maybe the weekly world news?):D

Despite what I said earlier, (which I do believe) they would be a good tool to use in some campaign, especially for the more clever minded characters to find some method to foil. A good GM might say that it was actually some either extremely clever or powerful villain who had somehow convinced the local government to implement this radical new technology. Think of all the possible gaming opportunities that this would create as the heros would have to litigate a removal of the new technology, as opposed to simply slugging it out with the villain. As a matter of fact, if they do try to slug it out, the villain would simply state that these trigger-happy so-called heros are more of a menace than the heros that everyone thinks of them as. Due to this, they most likely would actually loose alot of the support that they are currently enjoying. As a matter of fact that would be the avenue that I would use if I were to use this concept in some campaign that I would run.

Originally posted by badger3k

While the technology is probably out there (i'd heard of similar things, mainly the gps/car theft thing, and the sensor to keep cars at certain distances) think of the cost and necessity of putting the sensors everywhere. The government still has trouble with street lights staying on, but these sensors will work? I'll wait 'till something other than the Sun has the story to start looking at it seriously (maybe the weekly world news?):D

Just go to news.google.com and search on "Electronic Vehicle Identification". This is not trivial.