Official Release

mayapuppies

Re: Official Release

http://www.iuniverse.com/

Not as much of the gaming world uses - or probably has heard of - them, so I don't expect they have much business experience with Gaming Books. Mostly because IPR seems to have fallen in love with Lulu, I'm sure you'll find plenty of great personal experience with that crew. It's possible they know something about Lulu I don't - or I just got shafted twice and didn't stick around for strike 3.

There's also Xlibris (http://www.xlibris.com) but I've never dealt with them, nor do I know anyone who has. I just know of them.

You could also ask Darren who Hero used to get the Hard Back Fantasy and Pulp Hero books (I believe, but am not sure, they used a different company for each book) and see what he has to say about the process.

I know the guys who run NaNoWriMo (National Novelist Writing Month - http://www.nanowrimo.org) have started to push CreateSpace from Amazon (https://www.createspace.com/) I'm thinking of putting together a collection of short stories and trying them out just to see what happens, just because they are connected to a large online retailer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't go with Lulu - they sucked before and they've just gotten worse' date=' especially for shipping overseas. I find their business practices deplorable.[/quote']

I find Lulu shipping is okay for Europe if it is a softcover. It is my understanding that soft covers for Europe are actually printed in Spain.

I got a book from Lulu recently from a small publisher of D20 sword and sorcery ala Conan. It was good quality and delivered for a reasonable price to my home in the UK.

BTW could someone tell me about the magic systems in the OP's setting? I collect them

Looking over your website, but cant seem to find any information about what type of campaign setting this is, apart from Fantasy but is it high or low? Lots of races?

From reading the forum, it (the magic system) seems Vancian in nature but based on the zodiac. Could be wrong of course as I hadnt bought n read the book:D

Sure; there are two core magic systems that are presented in Chapter 4, and I believe that there are additional systems, but Chapter 4 was mine.

Atharian Magic: Based on the Zodiac, Atharian magic is an elemental base rooted in the signs of the zodiac, creating a tight, but flexible, magic system.

Sanguinary Magic: Blood magic used by the advanced Sanguinaries; it is much less dramatic than the more 'traditional' model used by the Atharians, but within their milieu, extremely effective.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but both systems were built from the group up for this setting. They also both contain leading short-story introductions to introduce you to how it's viewed & commonly used (Atharian) or how it operates in an actual fight (Sanguinary).

Does that help?

Looking over your website, but cant seem to find any information about what type of campaign setting this is, apart from Fantasy but is it high or low? Lots of races?

From reading the forum, it (the magic system) seems Vancian in nature but based on the zodiac. Could be wrong of course as I hadnt bought n read the book:D

It's a mid-fantasy/dark setting, ground very much in its own mythology. There are a plethora of races, but the focus is more on the characters and the people, rather than collecting magic items and bashing monsters.

It's a mid-fantasy/dark setting' date=' ground very much in its own mythology. There are a plethora of races, but the focus is more on the characters and the people, rather than collecting magic items and bashing monsters.[/quote']

Excellent - thanks for that, I was wondering how best to sell it to my players.

cover-painitng0thumbnail.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen! On behalf of everyone at D3 Games I would like to announce to official release of the Kingdom of Tursh world book. The first such book to explore the vast world of Kamarathin.

It has taken a lot of time and dedication, but the wait is finally over.

You can get your copy here at DriveThruRPG.com

We look forward to your reviews and hope that you find this as valuable a resource for your games as we do.

Jason Yarnell

President of D3 Games

Congratulations.

Sure; there are two core magic systems that are presented in Chapter 4' date=' and I [i']believe[/i] that there are additional systems, but Chapter 4 was mine.

Atharian Magic: Based on the Zodiac, Atharian magic is an elemental base rooted in the signs of the zodiac, creating a tight, but flexible, magic system.

Sanguinary Magic: Blood magic used by the advanced Sanguinaries; it is much less dramatic than the more 'traditional' model used by the Atharians, but within their milieu, extremely effective.

I don't want to go into too much detail, but both systems were built from the group up for this setting. They also both contain leading short-story introductions to introduce you to how it's viewed & commonly used (Atharian) or how it operates in an actual fight (Sanguinary).

Does that help?

Great thanks! Looks like I'll be collecting these too!

Ian

that sanguinary short story was a pretty good read! i still want to do an illustration for it.

I really am thrilled that you enjoyed it. I was very happy with the way it developed, although I was a bit shocked at the mid-story 'reveal,' even though it seems cliche, you don't see it from that particular angle very often.

And no, even here I won't say it, as much as I liked the way it ended; nasty, decisively, but unresolved, based on who Orelia is and what we already saw her get up from.

Hi folks,

I apologize for the late response, though it seems that Thia has managed the Q&A stuff quite nicely.

I'll look into getting more info about the game world up there. Could of sworn I had done that already.

Thanks for the congratulations and the interest, we are doing everything in our power to make this an interesting setting without having hot and cold running magic items in every home and 12 monster manuals to keep the players entertained. ;)

Gracias. I will be submitting and ordering a test print on Friday. Once I have established the quality of the print, I'll either go to another PoD publisher or put it up for release.

So give me about a week for more news on this.

As an aside, our company site has the HDV3 files available for download.

Gracias. I will be submitting and ordering a test print on Friday. Once I have established the quality of the print, I'll either go to another PoD publisher or put it up for release.

So give me about a week for more news on this.

As an aside, our company site has the HDV3 files available for download.

Whoo - Sweet. If it is going to print, I'd much rather wait for that. Cool.

• 3 weeks later...