Suicide Girl

braincraft

I had the idea for this power, so I wrote up a whole character just to showcase it. Wow, it's expensive; it has more active points than some nuclear missles.

SUICIDE GIRL

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

10 STR 0 11- Lift 100.0kg; 2d6

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

18 COM 4 13-

8/11 PD 6 Total: 8/11 PD (0/3 rPD)

6/9 ED 2 Total: 6/9 ED (0/3 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

8 REC 4

40 END 0

40 STUN 5 Total Characteristic Cost: 106

Movement: Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 2"/4"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

20 Hurt me more: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)

20 Hurt me more: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)

10 Laugh in the face of danger and good sense: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Only vs PRE Attacks (-1)

2 Runs Fast in Heels: Running +1" (7" total) 1

7 Straight Razor: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1/2d6 (1d6+1 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (15 Active Points); OAF (Razor; -1)

260 Suicide is painful: Energy Blast 20d6, Area Of Effect Accurate (One Hex; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), No Range Modifier (+1/2), No Normal Defense (Nonorganic; +1), Does BODY (+1), Continuous (+1), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; Taking damage; +1) (650 Active Points); Only equal to damage taken by self (-1), Trigger only operates to reactivate after lockon (-1/2)

Talents

6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

Skills

8 +1 with All Combat

2 +1 with Straight Razor

3 Seduction 12-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 344

Total Cost: 450

300+ Disadvantages

150 Self-piercing bonus

Total Disadvantage Points: 450

Background/History: Jane Doe turned up in a mental institution after an attempted suicide. Given the scars of various ages on her, it probably wasn't the first time. No ID, no family, no police records, and she wasn't talking much sense herself. She probably would have stayed there, but for her power manifesting during a repeat suicide attempt.

She'd gotten ahold of a sharpened piece of metal from somewhere or other, and was about to cut her wrist open before orderlies came in to stop her. Suddenly, one of the orderlies started bleeding from the same place she had cut. Surprised as anyone, Jane Doe cut herself a few more times, experimentally, seeing the orderly spontaneously manifest identical wounds.

She held the orderly hostage in such a way to get out, after which she disappeared for a while. Weeks later, there was a report of a gas station being held up several states away by a woman who caused cuts on the attendant by holding a razor blade to herself. The reporters dubbed her 'Suicide Girl'.

Personality/Motivation: If Jane Doe remembers her past or her real name, she's not telling, and no one who knows her has stepped forwards. She's clinically depressed and bipolar, so it's hard to even ask.

Mostly she just uses her body to get by, whether by committing petty robberies with her power or... other things. She's easily pushed around, and anyone who wants to use her power for their own advantage could probably talk her into it.

Quote: "Was it as good for you as it was for me?"

Powers/Tactics: Suicide Girl's one and only superpower is the ability to psychically link her body with another in such a way that any injury to herself is reflected on that body. If she were to cut her wrists, your wrists would bleed also. If she were to slice open her throat, or stick her head in a wood chipper, you'd probably die. Broken bones, blood loss, organ damage... it all gets shared. Of course, she has absolutely no extraordinary ability to recover from or mitigate injury herself, so she can be the perfect assassin - exactly once. She can link herself to anyone she sees, and the link will persist until she wills otherwise, but there seems to be a range of a few kilometers, give or take, beyond which it simply will not work. The 'lockon' to a new target takes only a moment's mental attention, and the effect occurs automatically whenever Suicide Girl is injured.

Her favored tactic is to link herself to her opponent, or someone important, and then use her straight razor to cut herself somewhere obvious to make clear what is going on. She then holds herself hostage until she gets what she wants. She's not far-thinking enough to conceive of it herself, but a good use of her power might be to give herself a mildly lethal injury, like an arterial bleed, while having advanced medical attention or even supernatural healing on standby to allow her to carry out assassinations without dying.

Her power only works on living things, so robots, inanimate objects, and the undead are safe from her. Other things without minds or souls might be immune also, and cyborgs are only affected in their organic parts.

Campaign Use: She's crazy, but not evil. Her power is incredibly useful given the right plans and resources, which makes her a target for villains wanting to take advantage of her. She's almost a macguffin. Sympathetic heroes will want to rescue her from her life of villainy and get her treatment for her mental illness; others might just want to get with a hot goth chick. Either way, she's a point of interest.

Appearance: Gothy gothy goth goth. She has lots of cutting scars in various places. The straight razor is one of those nice old-style folding dealies and it is very sharp.

Re: Suicide Girl

Seriously twisted. Just plain wrong. Disturbing. And really freaking cool.

I especially like the "Hurt me more" powers, which I'll have to steal for a character I'm working on. I also like "Runs Fast in Heels". As for "Suicide is painful", 260 points? :eek: But very, very cool.

Other things that really stood out to me:

Sympathetic heroes will want to rescue her from her life of villainy and get her treatment for her mental illness; others might just want to get with a hot goth chick.

Appearance: Gothy gothy goth goth.

All in all, this is one of the best characters I've seen...anywhere. You deserve so much rep. :thumbup:

Make her even more ridiculous, invest a few points in some healing with the regeneration and resurrection options. Then she not only can kill herself more than once, but she'll wake up afterwards ready to do it again.

And likely ticked that it didn't stick...again!

Yeah, this is one of those weird cases where you can have a 650-point power that's only 'interesting', and a 30-point power that turns it into 'absolutely abusive'.

• 2 weeks later...

Like that a lot! :thumbup:

That's such a nice idea you might want to self-publish a short story with the character in it or somehow copyright it just to make sure you've got the intellectual property rights when someone else rips if off and tries to make a fortune in a film or book or something!

No, seriously.... go, go, go to the "place where they do copyrighting" (yes, you can tell I have absolutely NO IDEA how that works, but you know what I mean I hope!) :)

I was thinking about non-selfdestructive variants that keep it to 60 AP (within most campaign limits), and came up with this:

RKA 1d6, Limited Power Power loses less than a fourth of its effectiveness
(Only versus land based mammals; +0), +1 Increased STUN Multiplier (+1/4), 
Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Does BODY (+1), Attack Versus Limited
Defense (Personal PD; Only inherent resistant PD applies; +1 1/2) (60 Active 
Points); Gestures (Mimes the damage to be done (ie, "slits" own throat with 
finger, "slits" own wrist with a finger, etc.); -1/4), Limited Range (~50 yards; 
-1/4)

This would bypass any armor, forcefields, etc, and only be resisted by damage resistance or inherent armor. The idea would be the character would draw a finger along his/her neck or wrist, miming slitting his/her own throat without doing any damage. The subject of the attack, however, now has a slit throat or wrist (SFX only, to my mind, not meant to increase the 1D6 damage) The limited range is meant to indicate the character must see the subject clearly to "lock on".

This could also work with OIF: voodoo doll.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some snipping

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

Cost Powers END

20 Hurt me more: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)

20 Hurt me more: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); STUN Only (-1/2)

260 Suicide is painful:....Only equal to damage taken by self (-1), Trigger only operates to reactivate after lockon (-1/2)

She's easily pushed around, and anyone who wants to use her power for their own advantage could probably talk her into it.

Of course, she has absolutely no extraordinary ability to recover from or mitigate injury herself, so she can be the perfect assassin - exactly once.

If she's easily pushed around, maybe you should drop her EGO to 8 or less.

Is the damge she does equal to the amount taken before the Damage Reductions or after?

Other than those probs, I think you've got a wonderful idea. :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: