Looking for players for a new PBEM Champions campaign.

djday38

Originally posted by Zed-F

Odds are, if you've been in the city more than a week, you will have seen something printed about her. She has a Public ID, and thus gets more than her fair share of publicity.

Well, I will let the GM rule on that, of course, but unless it was widely printed in the local spanish language paper, I doubt it. My character would be unlikely read an English language paper, although he is fluent and does read English, Spanish is his native language.

He will be in the city for however long fits Deans plans, if left up to me he will be "just off the bus", literally, the night before. He has been in another US city for a while, though, so not totally green.

I am going to be trying to step out of my typical here, I usually tend to play native English speakers, so feel free to give tips if I seem to be acting out of character.

- Ernie

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming the local Spanish-language paper and TV news covers the same news (i.e. crimes & stuff) the English-language papers and TV news do, he'll find out at least that much about her soon enough. Depending on how common superheroes are around the world, it's entirely possible he might have heard of her before arriving.

Originally posted by Gary Ciaramella

He is using Freedom City from Mutants & Masterminds... a good book and a good city, worth the read even if you do not play M&M.

Yep, It's an excellent setting, I have made some changes though. Firstly i have tried to merge it into the champions CU and secondly more radically I have Removed all of the super hero teams from the city. They still exist in various forms but have beem moved to other ciites around the states.

This is to ensure that the palyers feel like they are the center of atention in the camapaign. They are REALLY needed by the city as it has no other super powered defenders and has been seen as easy pickings by many forces of evil for quite a while. This means crime both mundane and super is rampant and the players will have their work really cut out for them to establish some kind of order.

I will guest star other heroes and hero teams of course but I want the players to have a bloody good reason to be heroic and for the stakes to be high.

I will be adding some of the excellent characters both good and bad from Freedom City and also Silver Age Sentinels and also a small smatering of personal 4th edition favs. But mostly will be using 5th edition CU.

The main two reasons I went with Freddom City is that Millennium City is so crowded with heroes, especially now the MC8 are also based there.

Secondly Freedom City has much more fine detail on the setting than does Millennium City which paints the setting in ore broad strokes.

rgds

Dean

Hi Guys,

I have just sent out invitations to everybody to join the campaign Yahoo group, so pls join when you can.

We have ended up with seven players which is plenty to be going on with and I am very pleased with the range of characters and the effort everybody has put into each one.

Once everybody has joined I will be asking everybody a couple of more background questions and then we will get the ball rolling!

rgds

Dean

Originally posted by djday38

Hi Guys,

I have just sent out invitations to everybody to join the campaign Yahoo group, so pls join when you can.

We have ended up with seven players which is plenty to be going on with and I am very pleased with the range of characters and the effort everybody has put into each one.

Once everybody has joined I will be asking everybody a couple of more background questions and then we will get the ball rolling!

rgds

Dean

Woo Hoo!