Anyone Create Magic Tattoos

Ndreare

Anyone Create Magic Tattoos

The idea is that this mystic warrior can draw mystic tattoos on people and the can latter say a power word to activate a power.

Although I can think of one or two ways to do it my self I don¡¦t like either. So I was wondering if I could get your guys¡¦s take on how this is best done.

A COUPLE OF WAYS I TRIED

1ļ UAO X2 Uncontrolled, Trigger, Delayed Effect, Extra Time, Concentrate, Incantations (both to activate and create), Charges, Cost End (Paid at time of use)

2ļ Basically the same as above but with the focus of drawing/spell components (Rare Items)

P.S.: I have not put to much time into this but I would love anyone elses take on how to do this.

I would do what you had, with the following changes. Looks long, but its very easy to play in game. The user spends the time to inscribe the tattoo/rune, then all the recepient has to do is utter the command word for 12 seconds of POW!

Cost Power END
45 Tatoo or Rune Magic: Multipower, 80-point reserve, all slots: 8 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (+0), Trigger-Command Word (+1/4), Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1), Delayed Effect (x8) (+1) (260 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Hour (Character May Take No Other Actions; -3 1/4), Concentration 0 DCV (-1/2), RSR- Appropriate Magic Skill (-1/2), Gestures (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)
1u 1) Aid to Speed 7d6 (standard effect: 21 points) (70 Active Points)
1u 2) Aid to Str 4d6 (standard effect: 12 points) (40 Active Points)
1u 3) Armor (3 PD/3 ED) (9 Active Points)
1u 4) Growth (+10 STR, +2 BODY, +2 STUN, -2" KB, 400 kg mass, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (15 Active Points)
1u 5) Invisibility to Hearing Group and Normal Sight (15 Active Points)
1u 6) Flight 5" (10 Active Points)
Powers Cost: 51

I once built "woad glyphs" pretty much exactly like RadeFox's version. Mine was a 45-point MP that was plenty potent for a low-level game. The key characteristics are Trigger and Continuing Charges. (My only quibble for RadeFox's implementation is that I don't believe UBO is necessary for Aid; Trigger should do the job well enough.)

For real tattoos that permanently grant powers, I'd look under Transform at the rules for adding powers.

-AA

One of the many ways to this.

Have a Transform spell that does a Minor Transform - Person to Person with Tattoo. (There's a section for adding or removing abilities in FRED in the Transform write-up, page 153)

Ok, then define the powers that the tattoo gives, and the disadvantages (Distinctive Features?).

Since this is a one or two time use that never recharges, Transform is a good way to simulate this.