Redirecting Others' Movement

BoloOfEarth

Okay, I'm creating a teleporter, and she also has the ability to teleport others at range. I was thinking of giving her a disorienting (NND EB) attack teleport, like a "Blink" teleport changing the target's position/facing at random but not really making the target go anywhere.

Then I thought of making it Continuous, Uncontrolled, so it would go on for a few phases. That's all well and good, but now that teleport would intefere with the target's movement. I'm thinking a Linked power should be used, but how to model it? A Suppress would be simplest, but in reality it would be redirecting them a hex here and a hex there.

Any suggestions?

Re: Redirecting Others' Movement

NND attack (defense being full coverage or having your own teleport powers, +1) either linked to or with linked Teleport 1" Usable as Attack at Range (+1 1/2) with position shift and continuous/uncontrolled that ends when teleported by someone else or after one turn (+1 1/2)- this way it would do the initial damage, plus keep changing target's facing and last for a while but not moving them too far around the map- maybe limit the movement so they can only be teleported back to previous location but with different facing (uh, what would that be, -1/2?).

Kinda kludgy and ugly but seems to "feel" like what you mentioned...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have the rulebook on me at the moment, but couldn't you, since it doesn't change the square they're in, just build it as a Continuous/Uncontrolled Transform? You transform X Man into X Man facing the other way with forced teleportation just being the SFX?

Linked Suppress is the only thing I can think of to hamper movement after if that's a second effect, but if it's not and is just a side-effect of the disorientation of being turned around, I would imagine that as the GM I would require some sort of skill roll for the target to reorient itself and keep moving, which could probably be bought as a simple advantage Requires Skill Roll to Fight Disorientation (+1/2?).

I had written it up as a 1d6 EB NND (Teleport powers or eyes closed), Continuous, Uncontrolled, 1/2 END linked to a 2d6 Suppress vs. all movement powers, NND (Teleport powers or Combat Piloting / DEX Roll), Uncontrolled, 1/2 END. The EB covers the disorientation / vertigo, and the Suppress covers the target's need to alter course constantly, wasting extra inches of movement enroute. It's far from perfect, but it is fairly simple to handle in play.

I thought about the 1" Teleport with Position Shift, Usable as Attack, Continuous, Uncontrolled, No actual distance teleported, Random Position Shift -- but that only happens once a phase, and I'm thinking this is happening more often than that. Maybe with a Trigger (Target Moves 1") with Automatic Reset? So the target moves 1", which triggers the teleport so he changes facing, then moves 1" in that direction, which triggers another facing change, etc. Hmmm... seems kinda munchkiny, and would probably slow things down in play.

The idea of Dispel Movement, Does Knockback, Double Knockback, Only up to amount of movement used, Random knockback direction is an interesting one. Upside is, the target may accidentally ram into things, which my current way doesn't cover. Downside is, the target effectively moves up to his full movement, just not necessarily in the direction he planned.

Thanks for the suggestions.