contact's with powers

JmOz

Re: contact's with powers

If I really had to, probably Summon (somewhere between Friendly and Loyal, or indifferent if the contact is "unfriendly") with an Activation Roll. I'd probably include some Extra Time and a Limitation with a similar cost to Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale to represent the fact that they don't just show up right in front of you when you succeed; you must have an appropriate way of contacting them, be in the right area, and may only get to speak to them on the phone or whatever rather than have them immediately present.

I don't think I'd require Specific Being unless maybe the contact is an established and influential or plot-important NPC in the campaign.

It's not what I know' date=' it's [u']who[/u] I know: KS: Lucius Alexander

And a seperate KS for the palindromedary

Wouldn't that tell you everything you might want to know about Lucius Alexander (or the palidromedary, respectively)? :P I suppose you could do it as "KS: things that Lucius Alexander knows" though.

Wouldn't that tell you everything you might want to know about Lucius Alexander (or the palidromedary' date=' respectively)? :P I suppose you could do it as "KS: things that Lucius Alexander knows" though.[/quote']

"everything you might want to know" including phone number, address, email, friends and relations, favorite hangouts, what to say to the guards to make sure the message is delivered promptly, galactic co-ordinates of home world, habits and schedule, and above all how to approach and what to say to get attention, get questions answered, maybe even get a favor - yep, sounds like Contact to me. Now I think of it, I don't know why it was ever done as anything BUT a kind of specialized Knowledge Skill.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks we may have misunderstood the original post - maybe what is wanted is to use the Perk "Contact" as a Power, not use something else to simulate a Perk.

Some examples of Contact bought as a power:

Typical Bottled Djinn -

Djinni of the Lamp: Contact (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources (Can Grant Wishes)), Spirit Contact (Major multiplier - can grant powerful wishes) (x4) (32 Active Points); 3 Charges which Never Recover (-3 1/4), OAF (-1) Roll 14- Real Cost 6

"I wish to be a really good piano player!"

The power Legolas used at one point in Fellowship of the Ring

Converse with the Land: Contact, Variable Special Effects (Limited Group of SFX: Works with whatever environment the character is standing in.; +1/4), Spirit Contact (x2), Organization Contact (x3) (17 Active Points); Only When In Contact With The Ground (natural earth, stone, and soil only; -1/2), 1 Continuing (Sometimes it take a mountain a long time to say something....) Charge lasting 1 Hour (Recovers Under Limited Circumstances (Must either wait a few days, move to a different environment or do some service for the land to win its favor.); -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) Roll 13- Real Cost 7

"This land has known Elves. The beasts do not remember, even the trees and grass have forgotten. Only the stones remember. They say 'Deep they delved us, high they builded us, fair they wrought us....but they are gone.'"

A power for a holy man -

Prophet of a God: Contact, Spirit Contact (x2) (14 Active Points); No Conscious Control "Don't call Me, mortal. I'll call you." (-2) 16-

"Thus saith the Lord: 'Let My people go'"

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary buys Contact: Ground, only while in Contact with the Ground