Well, I give up

Logan D. Hurricanes

I was looking forward to this so much, and I find the game absolutely unplayable. This is the worst interface that I have ever had to deal with. As some of you know I have one hand, so it usually takes some doing to get an MMO to where I can function comfortably. This game, I can't do it. Certain settings (like free camera) simply don't work or work like no other game using those words.

Additionally, I don't know what computer this was designed for but my two year old computer has to turn the graphics down so far (even with my recently upgraded video card) that the good stuff is completely absent. This game actually made me want to go play CoX.

Congratulations, Atari. You got my money and didn't give me anything in return. Well done.

On the plus side, the character designer is indeed awesome, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $15 a month for that.

Re: Well, I give up

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you. :(

I know there are quite a number of control options to choose from, but I figure you've explored them all or at least most of them. As far as performance issues, there have been a number of people in the 'mysteriously not working well' boat (which is more-or-less normal for a newly launched game) and I'm sorry to hear that you're one of them. For most people the game seems to run fine, though I know that's no consolation.

Hopefully in several months they will start handing out free trials with a presumably updated codebase, so you can try it out again if you're still interested.

I know for a fact it ran on my old PC, which was almost 3 years old with an upgraded video card (nvidia 8800gts). It ran a dual core processor at 2.4ghz and had 3gb of memory. I gave the computer to a friend and he plays fine on the recommended settings. Really sorry to hear about the problems you are having. This game is much more "action" oriented then most MMOs and I can see where the one hand is a real problem. If you have a setup for the XBox that you use, might I recommend getting an adapted controller for your PC and using that. One of my friends plays using it constantly.

I know for a fact it ran on my old PC' date=' which was almost 3 years old with an upgraded video card (nvidia 8800gts). It ran a dual core processor at 2.4ghz and had 3gb of memory.[/quote']

The multi-core processor seems to be a key factor in making the game work well. Most folks I've heard with problems were using single core.

I am sorry the inteface is not easy to adapt for you, Log Man. Some people were reporting that 3rd party controllers (Xbox 360 I am counting as first party since the game seems to insist you use it if you want support) worked great if you mapped the buttons.

http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=143 might be a bit pricy, but could be worth a look. This is around half the price I saw others selling it for, turns out Ben Heckendorn partnered with them on it.

http://benheck.com/ This is the guy who made the controller, his blog showed another one he made for right hand only use. He custom builds them and might be worth contacting for help.

I was looking forward to this so much, and I find the game absolutely unplayable. This is the worst interface that I have ever had to deal with. As some of you know I have one hand, so it usually takes some doing to get an MMO to where I can function comfortably. This game, I can't do it. Certain settings (like free camera) simply don't work or work like no other game using those words.

Additionally, I don't know what computer this was designed for but my two year old computer has to turn the graphics down so far (even with my recently upgraded video card) that the good stuff is completely absent. This game actually made me want to go play CoX.

Congratulations, Atari. You got my money and didn't give me anything in return. Well done.

On the plus side, the character designer is indeed awesome, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $15 a month for that.

While I can empathize with your situation I think the, “Congratulations, Atari. You got my money and didn't give me anything in return. Well done,” line is a bit harsh. The game works fine on many people’s computers and I’m pretty sure they didn’t create it with the intent be unplayable for those with one hand. Granted, they may not have taken that sort of thing into consideration, but I doubt it was an intentional goal. Sorry it didn’t work out for you.

I was looking forward to this so much' date=' and I find the game absolutely unplayable. This is the worst interface that I have ever had to deal with. As some of you know I have one hand...[/quote']

Have you seen the Razer Naga, with the tons of mappable buttons on the actual mouse (17 buttons, 12 of which are on a thumb-pad)? Of course, it does you little good if it can't be comfortably used with your existing hand. I have a friend who is missing most of her fingers on one hand and she runs into this sort of thing as well. It makes me wonder if the manufacturers would consider a direct request for left- and right-handed mouse controllers.

A lot of people are reporting the Xbox 360 controllers as far more fluid and intuitive for the interface than keyboards, but I see that's been mentioned.

It sounds like you're bitterly disappointed, on a 'they canceled Christmas' level, so I really hope we can come up with some ideas and means to let you play this game comfortably.

I have also can't stand the movement controls. I have played around with them for hours trying to get the movement and control I have in that other Super game.

That and the nerf of the week. I decided to put my account on hold till things settle down so I don't have to do a lot of respec'ing.

I found a keybind on the CO boards that increases the turn rates and the rate for looking up and down. That helped greatly with the Xbox 360 controller. I set the yaw and pitch rate to 5 on Kara and could keep up with anything after some adjustment.

Sadly, the keybind seems character specific, so I need to find it again for my alts.