A Character Question

LREggers

Hi gang,

I was just looking through the available characters in the HD vault, and noticed that my villain Massacre has been d/led a few times. This question is for those who've downloaded him...

Have you had a chance to use Massacre in a game session? If so, what was your experience like...did he stomp all over the heroes? did the heroes stomp all over him? was it a long, drawn out battle? If you've used massacre, please describe your experience.

Tnx!

EDIT: Yes, I know there are several technical deficiencies in the build, but we don't need to hash & rehash them.

Re: A Character Question

Hi,

I never downloaded the character before but I noticed one glaring issue after looking at him here.

0 REC

150 STUN

Combined with his otherwise average defenses (Damage Reduction lowers the amount that exceeds the defenses, but never below 1) he will never recover STUN from any combat.

Was that intentional or just an oversight?

Hi,

I never downloaded the character before but I noticed one glaring issue after looking at him here.

0 REC

150 STUN

Combined with his otherwise average defenses (Damage Reduction lowers the amount that exceeds the defenses, but never below 1) he will never recover STUN from any combat.

Was that intentional or just an oversight?

Everything is handled by either of his 2 power cells. Physical actions & basic movement are handled by Power Cell #1. All attack powers are handled by power cell #2. So, all damage received is processed via power cell #1.

Dear me. 0 REC. One fight and he's in a coma. :rofl:

EDIT: OK, that was unnecessarily snide. However, there is a serious mistake in the character.

Actually, no, not a mistake. You kinda have to read how everything is connected on this character. Everything (every tiny detail) is processed through the power cells.

Technically, the 80 STR is wasted, with no END as well, unless that also feeds off one of the two reserves.

Weak build.

As I've indicated, everything is processed via the power cells...admittedly, a bit of a stretch. Aside from all the minutia (and yes, given the way I built him, there's TONS of stuff to pick away at), how is he weak? Please, I'm genuinely interested.

Primarily, at this point? You post a character, asking for feedback because it had been looked at/downloaded, at yet the entire character from your explanation, was not built according to RAW. Without RAW, or inherent expectations of it, we can't give you honest responses, because of our POV is automatically skewed.

Prior to this point? You didn't build according to RAW.

I am a little curious' date=' what point level of heroes was this character is intended to be used against?[/quote']

Excellent question! Ideally, I designed him to take on a team of approximately 4 to 6 heroes in the 500 to about 700 point range. At that power level, he should (in theory) be able to give a team of that size & power a run for their money.

However, in light of some previous comments & questions, at least some of the design flaws (Massacre was one of my very first done in HD) should be corrected first.

Primarily, at this point? You post a character, asking for feedback because it had been looked at/downloaded, at yet the entire character from your explanation, was not built according to RAW. Without RAW, or inherent expectations of it, we can't give you honest responses, because of our POV is automatically skewed.

Prior to this point? You didn't build according to RAW.

No, I asked because I TRULY WANTED your opinion. Now, as for this acronym, since I don't know what RAW is referring to, would you please enlighten me?

Oh, yes, and please do be kind enough to answer my original question to you...preferably sans the snarky attitude.

Thanks.

No, I asked because I TRULY WANTED your opinion. Now, as for this acronym, since I don't know what RAW is referring to, would you please enlighten me?

Oh, yes, and please do be kind enough to answer my original question to you...preferably sans the snarky attitude.

Thanks.

have not looked over the character but RAW is Rules As Writen