I have faced, the Destroyer....

Twilight

Re: I have faced, the Destroyer....

The Super Destroid (I think that's the giant robot open mission you are talking of) is a pesky bucket of bolts. The first few parts of the mission you can accomplish with just a few heroes. But the robot, you'd better have around 8 or more. And a lot of time to kill.

The hard part is that there isn't a really close re-spawn point.

But if I'm on, throw out a shout. Electricia@freshrod is the toon I play mainly now. Anyone else might not be much help.

Kara is still holding on to these three missions. Look me up if you see me on. Had to rebuild my PC thanks to the motherboard dying, now forced to use a single core spare CPU since my 940 black's pins were bent. Thermal grease caused it to stick to the heat sink, pulling out the chip when I removed the heat sink even though the chip was locked.

But the robot' date=' you'd better have around 8 or more. And a lot of time to kill.[/quote']

We did it yesterday night. We were 2 (level 23 and 30).

LithiumII-Megadestroyer.jpg

megadestroyerfinal.jpg

But it was long, yes.

And for Dr Destroyer lovers :

destroyer2.jpg

(yes, it's the old armor. There is a reason, somewhat)

(yes' date=' it's the old armor. There is a reason, somewhat)[/quote']

I noticed that some of the DD-related robots and minions had helmets/heads using that horn-like motif from the Doctor's former armor design, so I'm not surprised, and I am pleased. No criticism of Chris Stevens' lovely reinterpretation of Dr. Destroyer for CKC, but to me the red-and-blue skull face will always be the "classic" Destroyer.

I was with three people when I completed the factory part of the mission and we died a lot. In then end we only got it completed because I did a suicide run in the hopes that I could disable the assembly lines before more robots could stack up. It worked but I needed three tries.