Faith, Courage and Humble Obedience

Alcamtar

Re: Faith, Courage and Humble Obedience

In short' date=' resisting a succubus' charm is EGO. Commanding that succubus to go away is PRE.[/quote']

Asking her if she can get a date for your friend? Priceless.

But my suggestion is to give the priest a Contact with their Higher Power' date=' and use that Contact roll as the "Skill Roll" for the powers.[/quote']

Excellent idea! I plan to steal benchmark that construct henceforth.

NOTE 1: Any miracle abilities built on a Faith ability should probably not manifest in an overly obvious manner, or the Faith effectively become a Certainty (no need for belief when you have proof).

EDIT: As Markdoc pointed out while I was writing my post. :)

I don't know, I'm pretty sure summoning bears to eat some children and calling meteors down on soldiers is pretty obvious, but I can't think of anyone who would say that Elisha didn't have faith. ;)

I refuse to prove my own existence, said God, because proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.

The Babel Fish (a fish which you opo in your ear and which then feeds off the telepathic matrix of your brain and any around you, excreting language as sound, effectively translating for you to and from any language) was used as the definiive proof of the non-existance of God. Look, said Man, it is so mindboglingly improbable that anything so incredibly useful could have evolved by chance that it PROVES the existence of God, because it could only have come into existence by the will of an intelligent creator. That proves you exist and therefore you don't.

Ah, said God, I hadn't thought of that, and vanishes in a puff of logic.

That was easy, said Man, and went on to prove that black was white and got killed ont he next zebra crossing.

Meanwhile the Babel Fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication, caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of the Universe.

DARIP