Limitation For Growth (5thr)

Ninja-Bear

Hello all,

I've been playing around with a character with the growth power. Now for simplicity, I'm only going to allow him to grow in 15 pt increments not per 5 pts. So is that worth a limitation ? And if so how much ? I'm leaning towards -1/4. Also, he is going to have other powers linked to his growth, such as armor, presence, running, and at his top level duplication ! The vilian fwiw is called Gog and Magog. :)

As usual, thx in adavance.

Re: Limitation For Growth (5thr)

"Must be used at full power" is a -1/4 limitation, so I'm not sure I'd allow a limitation for "must be used in increments", which is less limiting. Growth at its base must be used in 5 point increments - should that also be a limitation?

That said, incremental requirements for growth are more significant than for most other powers. It's a matter for discussion with the GM - as Marcus notes the frequency will vary a lot between games.

Personally, I'd call it a -1/8th limitation, because I've never been that bothered about anything <1/4 being equal to +0. But going fully rules legal, it's nearer +0, since it's limiting in such a rare set of circumstances. Unless you're playing a campaign set entirely in low-ceilinged buildings.

I wondering' date=' where did you find that limitation ? I was looking for something like that as a reference. So yah -0 seems to be more logical.[/quote']

'Must be used at full power' is one restriction of the Beam (-1/4) Limitation on attack powers (5er, p113).

I'm not entirely sure if it appears elsewhere solo.

'Must be used at full power' is one restriction of the Beam (-1/4) Limitation on attack powers (5er, p113).

I'm not entirely sure if it appears elsewhere solo.

Thx, that's what I thought later after the post. But for argument sake, I also used the (-1/4) limitation from shrinking as a guideline-thinking that I don't get the benefit of 5 pt increments. But if I put on an extra time limitation, then it will all work out the same. At least in my mind.