Multiform Duplicator

Broadsword

I have an idea for a Brick like character, who can split into multiple heros, 2, 3, or 4. But, when he does so, all of them get a little weaker. So if he had 50 strength and 30/30 resistant defense, when he splits he will have 45 and 25/25. If split into 3, he would have 40 and 20/20. And so on...

How should I arrange the powers to do this? I'm using 5E. Should I use multiform and just have 4 forms, 3 with duplication of the appropriate level? Wouldn't the points eaten up by multiform make such a character concept stupid? He could just take Duplication at full strength for a lot less. And there is the problem of experience points with multiform.

What would be a better way to weaken the character with each duplication, but save points instead of costing extra? A special Limitation? a version of Limited Power limitation on the powers and characteristics that are affected (maybe Linked?) by Duplication?

Broadsword -|--->

Re: Multiform Duplicator

This is most easily done with a straight application of Duplication - each ability/Power that's reduced by the number of Duplicates in play takes a Limitation "Limited to X Level when Y Duplicates Are In Play" or such, you could go hog wild and build everyone one as a Partially Limited Power thusly:

20/20 Resistant Defense + 5/5 Resistance Defense if only 3 Dupes or less active + 5/5 Resistance Defense if only 2 Dupes or less Active + 5/5 Defense If Only 1 Dupe or less Active + 5/5 rDEF if no Dupes Active.

A bit clunky but very easy to decipher.

Or something like

40/40 rDEF (-5/-5 rDEF per Duplicate Active At A Time) probably best modeled as a Side Effect here.

Re: Multiform Duplicator

This sounds a lot like standard Duplication where the duplicates have less points than the standard character.

I don't think that will work because the main character gets weaker the more he get's split up.

Another thing to think about is to look at the Combining rules for some possible ideas.

GA's solution would probably work best, but I would probably still end up printing multiple character sheets just to make sure I keep the numbers straight.