I took the plunge!

Storn

And joined up with Champs Online. As a long time player of the pen and paper and a contributor of not a small amount of art to the franchise over the years.... I am hoping this is a huge success for Cryptic and Hero Games. I like "Darren's Pizza" quite a bit... and I really can recognize Detroit under all that Millennium City glitz...which is cool... I took Darren around Detroit when he was writing up that section many years back.

Anyways, look me up in game. Although not quite sure how to do that yet. One pc is Vector1, the other is Gladius

Re: I took the plunge!

Hey there, Storn.

Welcome to Champions Online.

Just so you know, we have a channel for those that frequent these boards and a supergroup that Steve Long set up called Legion of Heroes.

If you want in on the SG, sign up for the "Hero Board Chat" channel and ask for an invite or if no one is on, send me an in-game email at @cptpatriot and I'll send your character(s) an invite to the SG.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing off my high end laptop and a 25" monitor. Unfortunately the laptop only has VGA output so the game isn't as high def as it could be. But as soon as our tax return comes in Eightfold Path has cleared me to use some of it for a new desktop system. IBuyPower.com, here I come! :D Suggestions, anyone?

I spent just under a grand total in parts from Newegg.com and a 19" LG monitor from Best Buy. It took my fiancee and I three hours to build last evening. I have an AMD Athalon II 2.8GHz quad core, Radeon HD 5770 1GB Video Card, 4 gigs of ddr3 RAM, 500g hard drive all stuffed into a carvernous Xclio Windtunnel case which seems like it's half cooling fan. I played for a few hours last night and it was beautiful.

I've assembled enough computers in my time (with matching shopping on NewEgg and all) and have found it simpler to go with an independent assembler. Alienware used to be the go-to guy for this until they were bought by Dell. My wife got my laptop for me from ibuypower and it has performed beyond reproach. So I'll give it a shot with a desktop now.

• 2 weeks later...