11. Legal – Combining Energy-TK with Normal-TK

MistWing

While reading the Until Superpowers Database book, I came across a sidebar mentioning how to make an ‘Energy-Controlling’ Telekinesis power. The sidebar implied that a given TK power could be either an ‘Energy-Controlling’ TK power or a ‘normal’ TK power, but not both. Is there a way to make a TK power both?

Thanks

MistWing SilverTail

My intent is to have a TK power that can simultaniously handle matter and energy (to handle some of those weird science fiction anomalies that crop up from time to time). I was hoping for a power advantage to do this. I didn't think of a Multipower. However, since I would have to use both slots at the same time, it would be more cost efficient to buy two seperate TK powers and link them together. I would still rather have the advantage though since it seems less 'clunky' to me.

Thanks for the input

MistWing SilverTail

This might be time to port an advantage over from another power.

Try using the Variable Effect advantage from Page 75 of FREd. I would throw this on top of the whole Energy-Manipulation power. Depending on how you would buy it you could either switch from energy to matter, or at a higher advangate level you could affect both.

It will be expensive, but you want it to affect pretty much everything, so that should cost.

My suggestion echos many of those above:

Use a Multipower with two slots...one that controls energy, and one that controls phsycial matter. Make sure you have enough points in you Multipower to use both powers at once. Then combine them using a Multiple Power Attack whenever your character wants to do something spectacular, like lifting a chunk of Iron surrounded by a corona of flame and fling it at their enemies...

:)

Thats what MPA's are for, is combining two (or more) powers that are normally exclusive for a special attack.