Borg vs. Xenomorphs

Badger

Since we are on vs. run. And I started thinkinghow both these groups love to "assimilate" enemies. I figure let's throw this one out.

Some of my thoughts:

-Borg wouldnt exactly be conducive to embryo implantation I wouldnt think, I mean is there really anything organic left other than the head/shoulders?

-However, I really dont see the Borg being able to assimilate a Xenomorph. Likely, the acid would eat through most implantations.

Basically, I see a group of Borg coming into the nesting region of the Xenomorphs and possibly getting slaughtered. Then a group of Borg cubes gets called in and levels the planet from orbit. Game over, Xenomorph, game over.

Re: Borg vs. Xenomorphs

I think the Borg would figure out how to assimilate aliens after a few tries. The bigger question is whether the embryos can be implanted, and whether the Borg could resist that... Or if they'd want to resist it. It's nit hard to imagine a Borg cube voluntarily sacrificing its weak mostly-human population for assimilated xenomorphs.

Possibly, they'd have to use something acid-resistant. Or they may have to make more frequent tuneups to them. Another factor is how hard is it gonna be to control them mentally. But, yeah, if they feel like their is a possibility to harness that potential they wont mind sacrificing a couple of cubes in the process. It sucks to be a drone.

Species 8472 could hardly be called "watered-down xenomorphs." They display much greater physical strength than the human-derived xenomorphs (I remember one smashing through a bulkhead in a Borg cube), are extraordinarily resistant to injury (one absorbed multiple hits from an Hirojen blaster, and not only didn't die but healed itself in minutes), are telepathic, and wield technology superior to that of the Borg, or any other Trek species below the "godlike" ones.

Right, I remember Species 8472 now. Had forgot about them. (I dont watch too much non-TOS stuff, so sometimes my memory is a wee bit vague). Yeah, at best xenomorphs are them without tech. But, then I dont remember xenomorphs recovering from injury like that badboy. So, the "at best" is out.