Predator: rough draft. Any comments?

wick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Predator: rough draft. Any comments?

Here is the Predator write up I did for the 250 point project years ago.

http://home.comcast.net/~mathewignash/cspredator.html

Interesting take on this characther.

Disadvantages:

Overconfident?: Overall I would say no. For most of the hunt he attacks from ambush and flees when there is too much opposition. He is actually very cautious and will observe his victims and thin out their numbers before rushing in. That does not yell out overconfident to me. Maybe an enrage would be better, triggered by a foe surprising him and damaging him.

Does not know Earth's culture should be either Psych lim or better yet a Social Lim. I may just add this one to mine. Although I am not sure it is such a big disadvantage since he really does not interact with the locals too much.

Can't see in visible light spectrum: I have come to the conclusion that not only can't he see visible light, but also he is partially flashed by the abundance of IR light without his helmet. In my version he gets half the penalties as one would get from being flashed. in my humble opinion.

Reputation: I did not go this route becuase his species really is not known by the population in general. only a few small groups have vague legends/intell concerning him. Maybe on some planets they do but so far this has not been portayed as being the case on Earth.

The distinctive feature: I need to research this a bit more myself; since he can cloak most of the time wouldn't that make his features easily concealed? Also, there has been some debate as to whether he qualifies as having a DF (see multiple posts in this thread.)

Phys Disadvantage; Eats raw meat: You do have it at the lowest levels but I am not sure that it is even that much of a Disadvantage really.

Unluck? I don't really see how he is particulary unlucky. Most of the time something bad happens to him is due to his opponents skill, cunning, etc..rather than his own luck. Maybe you are more read up on the literature however.

Psych lim: vengeful? Maybe, he does try to blow up his opponent when bested. Other predators don't seem vengeful against any humans that beat one of their comrades, however, so maybe it is ownly personal vengence. do you know of any examples to support Vengence?

I like the rivarly and Hunted watched by other hunters.

Powers:

I made my predator as a base character with only the stats and gear that any new adult Predator will have. The other weapons are optional upgrades if you need to boost their power level you can add a spear, net, etc...

Interesting take on the Breathing device focus and recovery. It reminds me that I need to give the predator some further penalty when his mask is removed.

Density increase? You should just simulate with buying increase stats, reduced KB, etc.. rather than buying Density Increase as a power (this should only be used for characters that actually change the Density on a regular basis rather than one that is More/less Dense all the time) At least that is how I read the power.

Cloaking device: I should add the water affected it to mine. Also your Cloak seems way over priced (in 5th ed Invisibility is base 20 with 0 END advantage that puts it at 30 pts and then you apply your lims for even less. You should be paying 20 pts accoring to your sheet.

Vision: I am putting mine in a Multi power frame work: IR & UV like yours. He will also have some N-ray vision ability to be used with the IR ( since he can see heat shapes through walls and even look into human bodies.) I also gave him Enhanced vision to offset penalties from unusual lighting conditions this counters being blinded by excessive IR light on Earth or other lighting conditions on othe planets that would give him a penalty...this simulates his ability to adjust his helmets sensors to see different spectrums.

Targeting Laser: I made mine at +3 OCV ( 3 X 5-pt CSLs: 5 point levels are the minimum CSL level that you can add to a Focus) but I made it OIF becuase you can readily see there is a laser when it is being used. I think I may change this to IIF but give it a visible power SFX instead.

Bomb: Only a mere 5D6 RKA!! that seems like overkill to me , base cost is 75 pts before advantages!! 112 Active pts for a real cost of 3 pts (lims and Ultra slot.) Also in the movie the bomb was about 1 KM in diameter. I simulate this with a megascale explosion and used EB instead of killing attack this gives Dutch a reaonable chance to survive the bomb.

Disadvantages:

Does not know Earth's culture should be either Psych lim or better yet a Social Lim. I may just add this one to mine. Although I am not sure it is such a big disadvantage since he really does not interact with the locals too much.

This should be, and always has been a Physical Complication/Limitation. A Psychological Complication can be overcome with an EGO Roll. No matter how well you roll, you can't suddenly overcome a totally lack of familiarity with Earth's general culture. However, I agree that it's not really a limitation for the character.

Reputation: I did not go this route becuase his species really is not known by the population in general. only a few small groups have vague legends/intell concerning him. Maybe on some planets they do but so far this has not been portayed as being the case on Earth.

His Reputation in Predator is "The Beast/Demon/Devil That Makes Trophies Of Men." It's 11- and Limited Group (local people.)

Phys Disadvantage; Eats raw meat: You do have it at the lowest levels but I am not sure that it is even that much of a Disadvantage really.

I agree. This is not a disadvantage to the character. And based on the first film, we don't even know if that's true.

This should be, and always has been a Physical Complication/Limitation. A Psychological Complication can be overcome with an EGO Roll. No matter how well you roll, you can't suddenly overcome a totally lack of familiarity with Earth's general culture. However, I agree that it's not really a limitation for the character.

His Reputation in Predator is "The Beast/Demon/Devil That Makes Trophies Of Men." It's 11- and Limited Group (local people.)

I agree. This is not a disadvantage to the character. And based on the first film, we don't even know if that's true.

Awww...I see what you mean about the Phys lim on "Know Earth Culture" This seems to be the case if the character is totally Alien to Earth..like a Cthullu type character that has a completely alien view on everything (or am viewing a phys lim of this type with an extreme example?). What about situations where a character has some knowledge or similiar knowledge such as, for instance, an anachronistic character brought through time from ancient times? Or a humanoid alien from another world whose technology is more advance but similiar to ours; it may not be a stretch to go from a communicator device to a cell phone but many other concepts may not transfer over hence a disadvantage? Would these be better covered by Psych or Social disadvantages instead of a Physical lim?

Reputation: Perhaps to such a very very small group that actually knows very little. But frequently? Of course at infrequent you have a net 0 pts. How often would the PCs run into Aborginal type people or their artifacts that an archaeologist can read to find out about his Rep? Of course in most of the movies there seemed to be these people and things on hand. I suppose this also takes into account the government knowing a little and perhaps even other planets. I think I will add.

The eating meat thing was something brought up in Predator II . He hung around a slaughter house and it was intimated that he also ate there. But not really a disadvantage being a carnivore in general, for example, wolves probably don't have this as a disadvantage.

Disadvantages:

Overconfident?: Overall I would say no. For most of the hunt he attacks from ambush and flees when there is too much opposition. He is actually very cautious and will observe his victims and thin out their numbers before rushing in. That does not yell out overconfident to me. Maybe an enrage would be better, triggered by a foe surprising him and damaging him.

I based that on the end of the first film, where he had Dutch beaten, but instead of killing him off easily, he takes off his weapons and challanges him to one-on-one. He seemed a little too sure he could beat this human one-on-one.

People seem to know there is SOMETHING dangerous out there, even if they don't know his name.

The distinctive feature: I need to research this a bit more myself; since he can cloak most of the time wouldn't that make his features easily concealed? Also, there has been some debate as to whether he qualifies as having a DF (see multiple posts in this thread.)

I say he sticks out like a sore thumb wherever he goes. Either as an alien or when skulking around as a blurr. If he walked down the street people would point and stare. That's distinctive.

They did catch him by waiting for him at a meat packing plant. ;-)

Unluck? I don't really see how he is particulary unlucky. Most of the time something bad happens to him is due to his opponents skill, cunning, etc..rather than his own luck. Maybe you are more read up on the literature however.

Like his opponent falling mud turning him invisible to the Predator's eyes? Maybe that's Dutch's good luck. I also was filling out the 150 points, I needed something.

Psych lim: vengeful? Maybe, he does try to blow up his opponent when bested. Other predators don't seem vengeful against any humans that beat one of their comrades, however, so maybe it is ownly personal vengence. do you know of any examples to support Vengence?

They might also be honorable as well, as in one of the comics a Predator had to protect a colony fo humans from aliens when the humans saved it's life after a crash.

Actually they tracked the Predator to the meat packing plant. If the government knew a Pred was in the city and had a reputation for hanging around a meat packing plant to eat raw beef than it would be a disadavantage but a reputation disadvantage.

I'd went with a Physical Limitation that he needed to feed on raw meat. This then lead to the government just figuring him out by following him and watching for his patterns. Their investivators just made a good Deduction roll.

I'd went with a Physical Limitation that he needed to feed on raw meat. This then lead to the government just figuring him out by following him and watching for his patterns. Their investivators just made a good Deduction roll.

I once again will disagree that diet is a Physical Disad/Complication. Unless it's "Psych: Vegetarian" due to religious restrictions or the like. Vampires don't get any sort of Disad for feeding on blood.

Really? A special diet requirement is not a physical disad? I'm surprised. hmmm... I'm looking up similar characters. Ghoul from the Mutant File has a Dependence on potassium for his blood diet. Are there other any other official characters with diet requirement Disadvantages? It could be I need to either drop this disad, or change it.

Really? A special diet requirement is not a physical disad? I'm surprised. hmmm... I'm looking up similar characters. Ghoul from the Mutant File has a Dependence on potassium for his blood diet. Are there other any other official characters with diet requirement Disadvantages? It could be I need to either drop this disad' date=' or change it.[/quote']

A special diet only counts if it's different from the norm for the species. In other words, if you were a human and could only eat raw meat, that would be a problem. But as an alien, it's normal for him. It's like how fish don't get "Dependence on Water" and more then we get "Dependence on Air."

A special diet only counts if it's different from the norm for the species. In other words' date=' if you were a human and could only eat raw meat, that would be a problem. But as an alien, it's normal for him. It's like how fish don't get "Dependence on Water" and more then we get "Dependence on Air."[/quote']

It's a racial disadvantage, but you still get to count it. If what you say were true then he shouldn't get a disadvantage for not being able to see visible light, as all members of his species cannot see it.

It's on the Master List of Physical Limitations under "Dietary Restrictions - Carnivore"

http://web.archive.org/web/20080415152917/http://lostcoastgaming.com/files/masterlists.htm

I did find one official character with a similar disadvantage to that I gave Predator. Look up UV Sparrowhawk from Enemies for Hire. She's a member of a bird-person race who has the Physical Limitation that she cannot eat cooked food. It is worth 10 points, and it's a common disadvantage for her whole race.

It's a racial disadvantage, but you still get to count it. If what you say were true then he shouldn't get a disadvantage for not being able to see visible light, as all members of his species cannot see it.

It's on the Master List of Physical Limitations under "Dietary Restrictions - Carnivore"

http://web.archive.org/web/20080415152917/http://lostcoastgaming.com/files/masterlists.htm

I did find one official character with a similar disadvantage to that I gave Predator. Look up UV Sparrowhawk from Enemies for Hire. She's a member of a bird-person race who has the Physical Limitation that she cannot eat cooked food. It is worth 10 points, and it's a common disadvantage for her whole race.

10 PTS!!! I would think 5 points would be a stretch. I suppose the Predator would be in real trouble if he was stranded on a world with no animal life ( Infrequent if not a rarer occurence.) I don't see how not being able to eat cooked food would be either, common ( this is how frequent that this disadvantage comes up) or a disadvantage.

Yes, I only went with a 5 point physical limitation myself. Point though is that it's legitimate and legal disad... but obviously no one is forcing you to take it. It's up to you whether your interpertation of the Predator can only eat that food, or he just prefers it. Maybe on his homeworld he mostly eats carrots and baked potatoes. We only know a little bit about them from a couple movies and comics... and had to fill in the blanks with our imaginations.

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- HTH Dmg 6d6 END [3]

21 DEX 33 13- OCV: 7/ DCV 7

20 CON 20 13-

20 BODY 20 13-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-

12 EGO 10 12- ECV: 4

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

0 COM -5 9-

6 PD 0 Total: 6 PD ( 0 rPD)

4 ED 0 Total: 4 ED ( 0 rED)

4 SPD 9 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 0

40 END 0

50 STUN 5

10 RUN 8 10m(Base 6+4 from Fast Runner) END [1]

2 SWIM 0 2m END [1]

4 LEAP 0 4m (Base 2+2 from Agile Leap) 4m forward, 2m upward

CHA Cost: 126

Cost POWERS

23 Life-support system: helmet & suit: Self contained breathing +10, Safe environment All: +9, Immune Disease/Bio+10, Immune all chemicals+10; OIF (-1/2)

10 Agile climber: Clinging: (10pts) 1D6 KB resist, represents climbing ability inherent to race.

8 Fast Runner: +4" Running

2 Agile Leap: +2" Leap

13 Claw Blades: Right Bracer:1D6+1 HKA STR+HKA = 2.5 D6 damage; Durable (+0); OIF (-1/2)

72 Multi-power:Hunter suit systems 90 PT pool: IIF (-1/4)

2 u.Slot#1: Left Bracer: Cloaking Device: Invisibility (sight group); Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2); Does not work when wet(-1/4), IIF (-1/4)

1 u. Slot#2: Left Bracer: Self Destruct Device:10D6 EB; Explosion (1/2); Mega scale 1"=100M (1/4); No Range (-1/2); IIF:when activated demolitions or electronics roll to discover (-1/2), Gestures: to activate (-1/2)& 2 hands require (-1/2); Charges: 1 charge (-2), Non recover (-2); Lockout: Cannot use other powers in MP while destruct active; Extra time: 5 minutes before destruction (-2)

1 u. Slot#3: Helmet: Universal Translator: IIF (-1/4), Understand Spoken Language only (-1/4)

1 u. Slot#4: Medkit: Healing 2d6: IIF (-1/4), Extra time: 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Paramedics role (-1/2), 6 charges (-3/4)

1 u.Slot#5 Targeting Laser: +3 OCV w/Plasma cannon:3 X 5pt CSL only; OIF Helmet (-1/2)

5 Infarvision: Naturally sees in infared spectrum

12 Multi-power: Vision sensors 15 PT pool: IIF (-1/4)

1 u. Slot#1: Night Vision; IIF helmet (-1/4)

1 u. Slot#2: N-Ray vision; IIF helmet (-1/4)

1 u. Slot#3: Ultraviolet vision; IIF helmet (-1/4), Lockout: cannot use with Infared (-1/4)

1 u. Slot#4: Enhanced vision PER+2 to reduce sight penalties in any unusual environment(Sight Group); IIF helmet (-1/4)

15 Tough hide: Damage reduction 25% Resistant (Physical)

POWERS Cost: 170

Cost SKILLS: Roll:

3 Acrobatics (DEX) 13-

3 Analyze (INT) 13-

3 Break fall (DEX) 13-

2 KS: Alien Species (INT) 11-

2 KS:Predator Culture (INT) 11-

3 Mimicry (INT) 13-

2 Navigation (INT) 13-

2 Survival: Tropical (INT) 13-

2 Survival: Arctic (INT) 13-

2 Survival: Mountains (INT) 13-

2 Survival: Urban (INT) 13-

3 System Operations (INT)

3 Tracking (INT) 13-

Everyman:

0 Acting (PRE) 8-

0 Climbing (DEX) 8-

0 Concealment (INT) 8-

0 Computer Program. (INT) 8-

0 Deduction (INT) 8-

0 Native Lang. 4pts no literacy

3 Paramedics (INT) 13-

0 Persuasion (PRE) 8-

0 PS: Hunter (INT) 11-

3 Shadowing (DEX) 13-

3 Stealth (DEX) 13-

0 Trans Fam Mil Spacecraft(INT) 8-

0 AK: Home world (INT) 8-

SKILLS Cost: 41

Cost: PERKS

2 Fringe Benefit: Member of the Tribe. Includes access to predator technology and starships.

10 Tribal Vehicle/Base: Each member of the tribe contributes to a starship that serves as both a base and means of transportation.

PERKS Cost: 12

Cost: TALENTS

3 Bump of Direction

3 Resistance: +3 to Ego skill roll to resist interrogation only

TALENTS Cost: 6

Value DISADVANTAGES

10 Distinct. Feature: 8' + Tall non human humanoid. Easy Conceal w/ Cloak+5, Ext.Com react: Fear+10. Not distinctive to other of same race/society -5

15 Distinct. Feature: Spirit world disturbance, not concealable +15,ext.React:10, unusual sense-10

20 Hunted: U.S. Gov. Division 13 Spec ops. Occasion 8- , more powerful+15, NCI +5, imprison/kill-0

10 Hunted: Watched by fellow hunters:More powerful+15 , Extensive NCI +5, Occasional 8- +0, Watched -10

10 Phys Lim: Limited understanding of Earth;Frequent+10, Slight +0

10 Phys.Lim:Naturally sensitive to Infared spectrum. Without helmet on Earth -2 PER, -2 OCV, -1 DCV .

25 Psych.Lim: Code vs hunting unarmed or children.Total+10 (-5 Ego roll to overcom lim), Very com.+15 Can negate -5 Ego penalty if fighting worthy unarmed and give up some advantages(such as removing plasma cannon, helmet, etc..)

20 Psych Lim: Thrill of the Hunt: Obsessed: trophy collection, often will retreat with corpse of worthy foe or keep coming after corpse if it is denied the trophy. Groups of lesser prey may be killed before trophies are collected. Strong+5 very common+15

10 Reputation: Hunter of men: Frequent 11- +10, extreme+5, small group-5

5 Rivalry: With other Predators; proffesional +5, As powerful+0, Outdo+0, rival aware+0

5 Social Lim: Respect is given to the best hunters. Those at the bottom of the hierarchy are subject to those above. Occasional+5, Major effect+5,Predator society only-5

DISADVANTAGES Points: 140

Charactersitics: 126

Powers: 170

Skills: 41

Perks:12

Talents: 6

Total Character Cost: 340

Base Pts: 200

Disadvantages: 140

Power Upgrades can be bought with experience pts:

Cost POWERS

60 Multi:Other upgrades: 90 PT pool: OIF(-1/2)

6 u.Upgrade#1Plasma Cannon: Left Shoulder mount: 12D6 EB: Reduced END: 0 END (1/2); OIF(-1/2)

1 u.Upgrade#2: Dart Launcher: Right Bracer: 1D6 RKA: 3 recoverable charges (-3/4); OIF (-1/2)

2 u.Upgrade # 5: Razor disc: AP (+1/2), Area of effect Any: travels in a line but can form a ring to return to user (+1), Reduced End: 0 END( 1/2); OAF (-1), No KB (-1/4)

1 u.Upgrade # 6: Mini razor discs: Reduced End: 0 END( +1), OIF (-1/2) , Range Based on STR (-1/4), No KB (-1/4)

2 Multipower-Spear Upgrade#3: 43 PT Pool: Real Weapon (-1/4), OAF (-1)

2 u.Slot#1 Spear Thrust: HKA 2D6: reduced END 0 (+1/4); Real Weapon (-1/4), OAF (-1)

1 u.Slot #2 Long Weapon: Stretching 1" : reduced END 0 (+1/4), OAF(-1), Always direct (-1/4), No Noncom stretch (-1/2), only to cause dmg(-1/2), no Velocity dmg (-1/4); Real Weapon (-1/4),

1 u.Slot #3 Throwing Spear: HKA 2d6: ranged based on STR (1/4), 1 recoverable charge when thrown (-1 1/4),OAF (-1), Lockout: Cannot use HKA until recovered (-1/2); Real Weapon (-1/4)

34 Multipower-Razor Net Upgrade #4: 40 PT pool: Continuous (1); Uncontroled (1/2), reduced End 0 (1/2); 1 recoverable charges (-1 1/4), OAF (-1), Range Based on STR (-1/4)

1 u.Slot #1:Net: Entangle 2D6 DEF2: 1 recoverable charges (-1 1/4); cannot form Barriers(-1/4),Range Based on STR (-1/4), OAF (-1)

1 u.Slot#2: Razor wire: RKA 1 1/2 D6: 1 recoverable charges (-1 1/4); OAF (-1); Linked lesser to greater (-1/2), Range Based on STR (-1/4)

* Trophy weapons: In AVP one Predator had what looked like a knife made of some creature's bone. To add flavor, a variety of melee weapons could be added made from trophies collected but will likely not be of a superior quality to the usual arsenal.

Background/History:

Not much is known about this predatory species except that there have been a few encounters reported from reliable sources in the late 20th century. The first recorded encounter was in the summer of 1987 in Guatemala by Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer and his special Search and Rescue Task Force. His fire-team consisted of 7 expert, heavily, armed soldiers that were sent on a covert mission to rescue Cabinet ministers whose helicopter was downed by guerilla forces. Major Schaefer reports encountering an alien that used advanced technology to render itself invisible and had a shoulder mounted weapon that is deduced to fire a bolt of Plasma. This alien wiped out the major's team in less than 48 hours and seemed to hunt the team in search of body parts for trophies. Dutch managed to defeat this creature after discovering that the creature sees body heat and could not detect him after he was covered in mud. Major Schaefer fashioned crude explosives and weapons and armed with knowledge of the creature’s ability to see his body heat, Dutch set up an ambush. After defeating the alien, the Major narrowly escaped from a large explosion caused by a self destruct device activated by the dying creature. The blast covered an area of nearly a half a kilometer radius and although seemingly a product of a fission or Fusion it left no radioactive fallout.

The second confirmed encounter was in the summer of 1997 in Los Angeles by LA PD Lieutenant Michael Harrigan and Detective Leona Cantrell. The encounter was thoroughly documented by a special Task force set up by Division 13 who was tasked with capturing the Predator's advanced technology after the first reported encounter in 1987. The task force, led by Special Agent Peter Keyes successfully tracked the predator using a net of motion sensors on rooftops to a meat packing plant and attempted to capture the predator with liquid nitrogen guns, heat insulated suits, black lights, and sprinkling radioactive particles in the air in order to render the alien's cloaking device inert. The predator was not fooled and changed the elector-magnetic spectrum range to ultraviolet in order to see the capture team's black lights. Although, visible, the Predator killed the capture team. Lieutenant Harrigan managed to chase the creature down and kill it. Lieutenant Harrigan reports that a group of 5 of the creatures then de-cloaked and retrieved the body of their comrade but did not attack Harrigan. One actually gave the Lieutenant an antique flintlock pistol which has been authenticated to be almost 200 hundred years old circa 1700's, which leads to speculation that the aliens have been hunting the Earth for at least that long.

From the classified corporate files of Wayland industries file # 316B-29X: A third encounter with this species occurred on an archaeological expedition to a whaling station (Bouvetøya) 1000 miles North of Antarctica, lead by Billionaire Charles Bishop Weyland. The expedition was in search of a buried pyramid discovered by heat imaging from a satellite. The expedition was caught in a battle between this predator species and another unknown species of alien. The only was survivor, Alexa Woods an Arctic survival expert hired on as the expedition guide. She reported that the team’s archaeologist had discovered that the Pyramid was a trap to bring humans to the Pyramid to act as hosts for the parasitic offspring of the unknown aliens and that the Predators would hunt these creatures as part of a Rite of Passage ceremony. The Aliens were able to overcome 2 of the 3 predators. The remaining Predator allied with Alexa and together they were able to wipe out the nest of Aliens using the predator self destruct device to destroy the Pyramid. One large version of the alien species, reportedly the egg layer, reached the surface and attacked Alexa and the Predator. By the end of the fight the Alien ‘Queen’ fell into freezing depths of the Antarctic seas and the predator was mortally injured. A spacecraft appeared form nowhere, presumably with the same cloaking technology possessed by the Predators, and several predators emerged to retrieve their fallen comrade.

Personality/Motivation:

The Predator Society is similar to human ancient hunting societies. The best warriors are the leaders of the tribe through their past exploits and through ritualistic duels. The predators are trophy collectors but only choose the hunt species that are able to pose a threat in combat. If denied a trophy from a kill it will seek to retrieve the trophy before killing again if possible. The predator will not attack people that provide no “sport” such as unarmed, children, or pregnant women.

Powers/Tactics: The basic predator is equipped with Cloaking Device, life support systems, a self destruct device, helmet with visual sensors, targeting laser, medical kit, and Claw Bracer. These are given to the young upon reaching adult hood. Replacement and repair of these devices requires the predator to return to the base ship and is only done when the Predator abandons an expedition or finishes the hunt at the appointed time. As the predator becomes more experienced and undergoes rites of passage, it is granted more weaponry. Common weapons: are detailed above. The melee weapons aremade of a metal alloy not found on earth that is extremely durable. This upgraded weaponry can be replaced but requires a trip back to his home world or undergoing rites of passage.

Hunting technique: The predator will stalk his prey to determine if they are worthy foes and their relative power levels. Against a group of opponents that are much stronger the Predator will try to separate the group and kill a few members in order to reduce the power of the group to a more manageable power level. Against a weaker group the Predator will ambush the entire group. Against a stronger single opponent the Predator may seek alliances or work together with other Predators (Both of these actions are not preferred, since the Predator would like the sole glory for a kill but there is precedence and there are some things that a Predator can't kill alone.) Against a single worthy (but weaker) opponent the Predator may level the playing field by removing his helmet which negates his breathing life support suffering penalties for being in thin atmosphere and Vision penalties from being partially flashed by abundant IR light. If the Predator has weapon upgrades it may also divest itself of those, as well, to further make the fight a challenge. Worthy opponents are ones that have managed to damage the creature, foiled his kill/trophy collection, or are shown to be cunning.

Appearance

Predators are 8”+ tall humanoids with claw like mandibles and dreadlock like strands on their head. They wear little in the way of clothing preferring bits of Armor and a helmet. They prefer hot environments but have been know to hunt in almost any environment.

Designer's Notes:

I have decided to only treat some of the movies as canon to the Predator Mythology and some of the books and graphic novels that I read many years ago. For example, the latest Alien VS Predator: Requiem is pure garbage. Unlike the Alien Movies, most of the predator movies are fairly good and don’t detract from the mythology too much.

Throughout the 1st 2 movies there seems to be some mystical connection and some magically sensitive individuals can sense a disturbance of some kind when the predator is in the area. I was not really sure how to simulate so I went with a Distinctive feature limitation. Any hero who happens to have some sort of spiritual/magical sight will know of the Predator's presence in the area detecting it as an unnatural, evil presence. "There's something out there..and it ain't no man."-Billy

From the first movie when the predator takes off his mask his point of view is flooded with IR light. I extrapolate from this that the Predator’s vision is sensitive to the Infrared spectrum of light and therefore evolved in an environment where Infrared is harder to see. Hence the Predator suffers a penalty to his attack rolls when the helmet is removed. This serves to level the playing field and to make the fight more challenging by partially flashing the Predator.

From the 3rd movie: Predators in an Arctic environment is a departure from the first two movies. A different kind of Blade disc is introduced and one Predator had a knife. Also dispelled the idea that the Plasma cannon are a standard piece of gear since the Predators had to go through a rite of passage to earn theirs.

Ok. this is the latest after making revisions based on inputs in this thread.

- I decided to keep the distinctive features.

- Added a few ideas from Matthew's Version mainly some disadvantages that I did not think of.

- Balanced the upgrade weapons a little to make them more variable and hopefully more or less equal or more useful in certain situations. Need to play test this abit.

-Changed the Environmental control into a Multi-power.

-Changed a few multi power simulated attacks into Multipowers...i.e the Spear is a HKA, that has reach (Stretching), and can be thrown. As suggested by Susano.

- Grouped up a few miscellaneous powers under a multipower.

- Removed Armor to increase durability of a few foci.

- Added Damage Resistance 25% Physical. in the film the Pred was not exactly springing bullet wounds despite the Autofire, but he does not wear armor or have obviously armored skin. Maybe some one can run some simulationsto see if this works well.