10 REC 0 10

50 END 0 50

50 STUN 5 40

10 RUN 8 10m END [1]

2 SWIM 0 2m END [1]

4 LEAP 2 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

CHA Cost: 150

Cost POWERS

22 Helmet/suit: Life-support system: Self contained breathing +10 , Safe environment All: +9, Immune Disease/Bio+10, Immune all chemicals+10; OIF (-1/2), difficult to replace (-1/4)

4 Helmet: Heat Vision: Infrared Perception (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

4 Helmet: Night vision (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Helmet: Penetrating thermal vision: N-Ray vision (Sight Group) blocked by insulating or dense materials; Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

4 Helmet: Ultra Vision: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

4 Helmet: Visual light spectrum vision: Enhanced sense +2 PER to reduce sight penalties from unusual lighting conditions (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Helmet: Targeting Laser:+3 OCV with Plasma cannon. 3 X 5pt CSL only; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Helmet: Armor 5PD / 5 ED, the helmet is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

4 Helmet: Universal Translator Speech; IIF (-0.25),Diff to replace (-0.25)

5 Medical Kit: Healing 2d6 : IIF (-1/4), Extra time: 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Requires paramedics role (-1/2), 6 charges (-3/4)

10 Clinging (10pts) 1D6 KB resist, represents climbing ability inherent to race.

8 Faster Running: +4” running

2 Agile Leap: +2” of leap

17 Right Bracer: 1D6+1 HKA STR + HKA = 2.5 D6 damage; Armor piercing (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Right Bracer: Armor 5PD / 5 ED, the bracer is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

15 EC: Powered Devices

5 Slot#1: Left Bracer: Cloaking Device: Invisibility to sight group ; Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2); IIF difficult to replace ( -1/2)

10 Slot#2: Left Bracer: Self Destruct Device: 10D6 Energy Blast; Explosion (+1/2); Mega scale (1"=100M +1/4); No Range (-1/2); OIF: Left bracer difficult to replace (-1/2), Gestures: to activate (-1/2) and 2 hands require (-1/2); Charges: 1 charge (-2), Non recoverable (-2); Lockout: Cannot use other powers in EC while destruct activated; Extra time: bomb counts down 5 minutes before destruction (-

POWERS Cost: 146

Cost SKILLS:

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Analyze 13-

3 Break fall 13-

2 KS: Alien Species 11-

2 KS:Predator Culture 11-

3 Mimicry 13-

2 Navigation 13-

2 Survival: Tropical 13-

2 Survival: Arctic 13-

2 Survival: Mountains 13-

2 Survival: Urban 13-

3 System Operations 13-

3 Tracking 13-

Everyman:

0 Acting 8-

0 Climbing 8-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Computer Programming 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Native Lang. 4pts no literacy 8-

3 Paramedics 13-

0 Persuasion -8

0 PS: Hunter 11-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

0 Transport Fam. Mil Spacecraft 8-

0 AK: Home world 8-

SKILLS Cost: 41

Cost: PERKS

2 Fringe Benefit: Member of the Tribe. Includes access to predator technology and starships.

10 Tribal Vehicle/Base: Each member of the tribe contributes to a starship that serves as both a base and means of transportation.

PERKS Cost: 12

Cost: TALENTS

3 Bump of Direction

3 Resistance: +3 to Ego skill roll to resist interrogation only

TALENTS Cost: 6

Value DISADVANTAGES

10 Distinct. Feature: 8' + Tall Alien humanoid. Easy Conceal with Cloaking device +5, Ext.Com react: Fear+10. Not distinctive to other of same race/society -5

15 Distinct. Feature: Spirit world disturbance, not concealable +15,ext.React:10, unusual sense-10: those who can sense magic or spirits feel something unnatural is present if not exactly where.

20 Hunted: U.S. Gov. Division 13 Spec ops. Occasion 8- , more powerful+15, NCI +5, imprison/kill -0

15 Physical. Limitation: Naturally more sensitive to the orange spectrum of visible light, without Helmet enhanced senses on an earth like world the following penalties are suffered: -2 PER, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, penalties do not apply on ship or on home world.

25 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hunter: Will not hunt children, pregnant women, or unarmed opponents. Total +10 (-5 EGO roll to overcome), Very common +15. Penalty can be modified if predator decides to fight at a disadvantage..i.e. Removing helmet or throwing down some weapons but only against a worthy opponent.

20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with trophy collecting. When attacking a group of worthy opponents the predator will hunt one and retreat with corpse. If denied the corpse it will seek to steal that corpse before finding a new prey to hunt. When attacking a group of lesser opponents may kill all opponents first before collecting trophies (treats group as one worthy opponent.) Strong+5, Very common+15

5 Social Limitation: Hierarchy of Hunters: A hunter must obey and respect the decisions of the stronger hunters. Precedence based on a combination of one on one duels, trophies collected, and prestige. Occasional +5, Major effect +5, only in Predator Society -5

DISADVANTAGES Points: 110

Base Pts: 245

Exp Required: 0

Total Exp Available: 0

Exp Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost:

Background/History:

Not much is known about this predatory species except that there have been a few encounters reported from reliable sources in the late 20th century. The first recorded encounter was in the summer of 1987 in Guatemala by Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer and his special Search and Rescue Task Force. His fire-team consisted of 7 expert, heavily armed soldiers that were sent on a covert mission to rescue Cabinet ministers whose helicopter was downed by guerilla forces. Major Schaefer reports encountering an alien that used advanced technology to render itself invisible and had a shoulder mounted weapon that is deduced to fire a bolt of Plasma. This alien wiped out the major's team in less than 48 hours and seemed to hunt the team in search of body parts for trophies. Dutch managed to defeat this creature after discovering that the creature sees body heat and could not detect him after he was covered in mud. Major Schaefer fashioned crude explosives and weapons and armed with knowledge of the creature’s ability to see his body heat, Dutch set up an ambush. After defeating the alien, the Major narrowly escaped from a large explosion caused by a self destruct device activated by the dying creature. The blast covered an area of nearly a half a kilometer radius and although seemingly a product of a fission or Fusion it left no radioactive fallout.

The second confirmed encounter was in the summer of 1997 in Los Angeles by LA PD Lieutenant Michael Harrigan and Detective Leona Cantrell. The encounter was thoroughly documented by a special Task force set up by Division 13 who was tasked with capturing the Predator's advanced technology after the first reported encounter in 1987. The task force, led by Special Agent Peter Keyes successfully tracked the predator using a net of motion sensors on rooftops to a meat packing plant and attempted to capture the predator with liquid nitrogen guns, heat insulated suits, black lights, and sprinkling radioactive particles in the air in order to render the alien's cloaking device inert. The predator was not fooled and changed the elector-magnetic spectrum range to ultraviolet in order to see the capture team's black lights. Although, visible, the Predator killed the capture team. Lieutenant Harrigan managed to chase the creature down and kill it. Lieutenant Harrigan reports that a group of 5 of the creatures then de-cloaked and retrieved the body of their comrade but did not attack Harrigan. One actually gave the Lieutenant an antique flintlock pistol which has been authenticated to be almost 200 hundred years old circa 1700's, which leads to speculation that the aliens have been hunting the Earth for at least that long.

From the classified corporate files of Wayland industries file # 316B-29X: A third encounter with this species occurred on an archaeological expedition to a whaling station (Bouvetøya) 1000 miles North of Antarctica, lead by Billionaire Charles Bishop Weyland. The expedition was in search of a buried pyramid discovered by heat imaging from a satellite. The expedition was caught in a battle between this predator species and another unknown species of alien. The only was survivor, Alexa Woods an Arctic survival expert hired on as the expedition guide. She reported that the team’s archaeologist had discovered that the Pyramid was a trap to bring humans to the Pyramid to act as hosts for the parasitic offspring of the unknown aliens and that the Predators would hunt these creatures as part of a Rite of Passage ceremony. The Aliens were able to overcome 2 of the 3 predators. The remaining Predator allied with Alexa and together they were able to wipe out the nest of Aliens using the predator self destruct device to destroy the Pyramid. One large version of the alien species, reportedly the egg layer, reached the surface and attacked Alexa and the Predator. By the end of the fight the Alien ‘Queen’ fell into freezing depths of the Antarctic seas and the predator was mortally injured. A spacecraft appeared form nowhere, presumably with the same cloaking technology possessed by the Predators, and several predators emerged to retrieve their fallen comrade.

Personality/Motivation:

The Predator Society is similar to human ancient hunting societies. The best warriors are the leaders of the tribe through their past exploits and through ritualistic duels. The predators are trophy collectors but only choose the hunt species that are able to pose a threat in combat. Against a group of dangerous foes the Predator will seek one out one of the group to kill and collect trophies. If denied a trophy it will seek to retrieve the trophy before killing again. If fighting a group of lesser opponents the predator will kill the group first before collecting trophies, usually chasing fleeing opponents down before collection. The predator will not attack people that provide no “sport” such as unarmed, children, or pregnant women.

Powers/Tactics: The basic predator is equipped with Cloaking Device, life support systems, a self destruct device, helmet with visual enhancements, targeting laser, medical kit, and Claw Bracer. These are given to the young upon reaching adult hood. Replacement and repair of these devices requires the predator to return to the base ship and is only done when the Predator abandons an expedition or finishes the hunt at the appointed time making these Foci difficult to replace. As the predator becomes more experienced and undergoes rites of passage, it is granted more weaponry. Common weapons: Plasma cannon that patches into the Power system along with the self destruct mechanism and cloaking device. There are also a variety of melee weapons including knives and spears made of a metal alloy not found on earth that is extremely durable. Dart launchers, Razor wire nets, and flying disc blades are common. This upgraded weaponry can be replaced but requires a trip back to his home world and therefore extremely difficult to replace in most situations.

Appearance

Predators are 8”+ tall humanoids with claw like mandibles and dreadlock like strands on their head. They wear little in the way of clothing preferring bits of Armor and a helmet. They prefer hot environments but have been know to hunt in almost any environment. The predator home world has a dense atmosphere that screens higher spectrum of visual light and in response the predator’s natural vision is sensitive to the Orange spectrum of light.

Designer's Notes:

I have decided to only treat some of the movies as canon to the Predator Mythology and some of the books and graphic novels that I read many years ago. For example, the latest Alien VS Predator: Requiem is pure garbage. Unlike the Alien Movies, most of the predator movies are fairly good and don’t detract from the mythology.

Throughout the 1st 2 movies theirs seems to be some mystical connection and some magically sensitive individuals can sense a disturbance of some kind when the predator is in the area. I was not really sure how to simulate so I went with a Distinctive feature limitation although this is not a huge handicap.

From the first movie when the predator takes off his mask his point of view is shown as very orange in color. I extrapolate from this that the Predator’s vision is sensitive to the orange spectrum of light and therefore evolved in an environment where orange is hard to see. Just my take on this. By giving the predator a penalty to his attack rolls when helmet is removed it serves to level the playing field and to make the fight more challenging while representing having obscured vision.

From the second movie: This predator is kind of a wuss, he has many more gadgets for killing than the first predator but he fights much weaker opponents ( Heavily armed Special forces units in the first movie VS gang members or cops in the second.) He did fight and kill the government capture squad but only because they were hunting him. The predator also would kill off entire squads of thugs instead of killing them one by one, which was different from the first movie.

From the 3rd movie: Predators in an Arctic environment is a departure from the first two movies. A different kind of Blade disc is introduced and one Predator had a knife. Also dispelled the idea that the Plasma cannon is a standard piece of gear since the Predators had to go through a rite of passage to earn theirs.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Predator: rough draft. Any comments?

This Predator is the base template. As the Predator gains experience and passes rites of Passage he can can get upgrades to his weaponry. In game terms you can add the upgrades to bring up the power level to fight against your oponents.

Updrage #1

EC: 30 pts Shoulder mounted Plasma Cannon: 4D6 RKA; Reduced End: 0 END (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

This weapon is part of the elemental Control along with the Cloaking Device and Self Destruct. All run of the suits power system.

I will produce more upgrades in the future to include spears and Razor nets, and Blade discs.

I am pretty new to champions so I am not sure how well the villian will do in combat against superheroes or even against a group of Competent Normals. Perhaps multiple predators can team up against a tough hero. They mostly fight one on one but against rather than work together but in AVP one teams up with a human to take on the much more powerful Alien Queen. From what I can gather one predator vs more powerful group will sperate and kill individuals of the group until the group is at a manageable level collection trophies one at a time. If the group of prey is weaker the Predator will seek to kill all members of the group first and then comeback to retrieve trophies. This makes the inconsistent hunting strategies make sense between the first 2 movies.

If fighting a weakened opponent that has proved a challenge, the Predator has been surprised or taken significant damage from the opponent, the predator will even the match by removing helmet to suffer the to OCV;/DCV penalties, and/or remove upgrades.

Really good for a rookie......I think my Predators are stated a touch differently since I went more from the 1st Movie and the comics, bits from the second movie, and Ignored the Drek of the AvP movies Except for the "weaponry stuff" Now I'm gonna have to go figure out what Box I have those stuffed in (Not to mention the Predators Trailer has my players fired up for Preda-beatdown again and they never learn).........Make sure to give Susano copies. His site is something like the "Borg" of HERO material.

~Rex......wonders who wins. Predator.....or Bean Bandit.

Guest steamteck

Pretty decent. STR seems a little low to me though. ghost archer's 30 seems more in line. He was way stronger than Arnie in the 1st movie who's got to be at least a 20. He did lift the rear of that truck in one scene.

Looks okay to me. Mind you, I was going 'WTF' watching the first AVP film... The Predators only showed up on Earth in the hottest of summers. It suggests that they're evolved to handle much warmer climates than us.

So why did one start running around in Antarctica?

Aside from that, my main gripe about that film was its ransacking of the Dark Horse Comics mini-series. I thought the Japanese corporate ranching colony on a planet selected by the Preds for a hunt was a much better way to integrate the Aliens with the Predators.

Ah well. The Hollywood boys know what is 'way kewl' much better than people who can actually write.:ugly:

Looks okay to me. Mind you, I was going 'WTF' watching the first AVP film... The Predators only showed up on Earth in the hottest of summers. It suggests that they're evolved to handle much warmer climates than us.

So why did one start running around in Antarctica?

Aside from that, my main gripe about that film was its ransacking of the Dark Horse Comics mini-series. I thought the Japanese corporate ranching colony on a planet selected by the Preds for a hunt was a much better way to integrate the Aliens with the Predators.

Ah well. The Hollywood boys know what is 'way kewl' much better than people who can actually write.:ugly:

The comics would be a much better source probably. I do shake my head with disbelief with each new movie becuase they keep changing things. AVP: Requiem is definitely not canon...that movie is just a bad horror movie rather than the SCFI movie I have come to enjoy.

Stats: I always invisioned the Predator as having strength that was really just above a proffessional heavy weight weight lifter's Str. If Arnie is like a 25 I will probably bumb Pred Boy up to 30. It would also help against the power creep that I think you will find in player characters. I.e. I am a normal human with mental powers and just happen to have 30 STR (with no logical reason given for the increase STR in their origin story.)

Susano you can archive my Pred design and tweak it too. I will try to finish up the upgrade weapons as well. And post them.

I am indeed a Rookie. I am not sure how this build will stand up against a hero group. Also, I don't have the experience to guage the stats very well. I need to get a group together and play the stock champions characters so that I can learn the mechanics better.

Note on the Life support system: Although it may not seem like the Predators are equiped for extreme environments like outer space vacuum or artic cold (Even in AVP they ran around half naked) , I contend that any species capable of space flight should have the tech to protect themselves from these harsh environments. The Preds would dress for the environment of their hunt i.e. SFX advanced technology snow suit or space suit, etc..

Evolution of the predator: From what I can glean from the movie: As mentioned in my original post, they are more sensitive to seeing the Orange maybe red spectrum of vivisible light, maybe these wavelengths don't penetrate their atmosphere as well as in ours. They breathe oxygen but maybe from a more oxygenated environment, hence the breathing masks and in P2 the Predator even uses a breathing mask at one point. I should probably build this as a disadvantage. Predators are adapted to a hot and wet environment and prefer to hunt there.

Power Upgrades:

Cost POWERS

20 Spear: HKA 2D6; Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced End 0 End (+1/2); OAF (-1) Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

2 PLUS to Spear: Long Weapon: 1" stretch( reduced END0 (+0.25), [7Activ pts], OAF (-1), Always direct (-1/4), No Noncom stretch (-1/2), only to cause dmg (-1/2), no Velocity dmg (-1/4)=2 pts real cost for stretching

2 PLUS to spear: Throwing Spear: Ranged: based on STR (+1/4), 1 recoverable charge when thrown (-3 ¼), OAF (-1), Lockout: Cannot use HKA until recovered (-1/2)

Susano you can archive my Pred design and tweak it too. I will try to finish up the upgrade weapons as well. And post them.

Can you email the file? RTF, DOC, Hero Designer, or whatever.

I'd forgotten that. My bad. Just wish I could forget the %&$**@ film...

Yeah, I recall him talking about how much he liked both sets of films... and then he puts everything in Antarctica....

Note on the Life support system: Although it may not seem like the Predators are equiped for extreme environments like outer space vacuum or artic cold (Even in AVP they ran around half naked) ' date=' I contend that any species capable of space flight should have the tech to protect themselves from these harsh environments. The Preds would dress for the environment of their hunt i.e. SFX advanced technology snow suit or space suit, etc..[/quote']

That kind of goes with the first movie. Specifically, that "unmasking scene" right before the final fight with Arnie, where there is a "seal-breaking" sound effect as the Predator removes its facemask. Presumably, there must have been some enironmental protection in effect, but perhaps more for personal comfort than actual survival. The Predator didn't seem to be disadvantaged afterwards - then again, it did lose the fight.

That kind of goes with the first movie. Specifically' date=' that "unmasking scene" right before the final fight with Arnie, where there is a "seal-breaking" sound effect as the Predator removes its facemask. Presumably, there must have been some enironmental protection in effect, but perhaps more for personal comfort than actual survival. The Predator didn't seem to be disadvantaged afterwards - then again, it did lose the fight.[/quote']

I'll also note that when the facemask is undone, vapor escapes from some of the hoses.

Here's some Predator factoids for you out of the "Bible" itself for writing for them. They see Primarily in the Infra Red range, hence, filter for other forms of vision (and have issues, telling details of like temperature things against like temperature backgrounds). While they can survive in extreme cold, they really hate it. Cold annoys them and they have issues really thinking when they are cold, and are prone to stupid mistakes when so annoyed. The Pyramid in the Antarcticc, was put there back in the days when the Antarctic was a tropical jungle, hence why they were going there. Physicality, Casually they are stronger then the most well conditioned Male of the Human Species, and can crush Concrete in their Bare hands (So work their strength out around to what one would need to with casual strength, one arm a 250 pound guy buy the throat, and toss him aside like yesterdays trash, so, 30-35 range for Predator Males. More for the Females, which are larger and meaner then the males (supposed to be, a few writers have forgotten this, so it's 50/50 now). Predators breath 1% more Oxygen and 4% more Nitrogen then Humans do (And like a LOT more Humidity and Temperature....Jungle Critters by nature) but can get by for about a week without the breathing apparatus. They've also got what's called a Kill Gland in their system, which basically will prod them into Berserker rages and is a communicable effect (though they can regulate that with hormones). Predator flesh and blood if consumed by Humans will extend the human lifespan as well. It's the Predator Blood that also neutralizes the Xenomorph Acid blood. Toss in the 75 foot jumps and what not, if you are in 6e you want to make sure to include some super leap and some levels for climbing that sort of thing.

You can also find much of the same info on Wikipedia as well as the various PredaFansites.

~Rex

Here's some Predator factoids for you out of the "Bible" itself for writing for them. They see Primarily in the Infra Red range, hence, filter for other forms of vision (and have issues, telling details of like temperature things against like temperature backgrounds). While they can survive in extreme cold, they really hate it. Cold annoys them and they have issues really thinking when they are cold, and are prone to stupid mistakes when so annoyed. The Pyramid in the Antarcticc, was put there back in the days when the Antarctic was a tropical jungle, hence why they were going there. Physicality, Casually they are stronger then the most well conditioned Male of the Human Species, and can crush Concrete in their Bare hands (So work their strength out around to what one would need to with casual strength, one arm a 250 pound guy buy the throat, and toss him aside like yesterdays trash, so, 30-35 range for Predator Males. More for the Females, which are larger and meaner then the males (supposed to be, a few writers have forgotten this, so it's 50/50 now). Predators breath 1% more Oxygen and 4% more Nitrogen then Humans do (And like a LOT more Humidity and Temperature....Jungle Critters by nature) but can get by for about a week without the breathing apparatus. They've also got what's called a Kill Gland in their system, which basically will prod them into Berserker rages and is a communicable effect (though they can regulate that with hormones). Predator flesh and blood if consumed by Humans will extend the human lifespan as well. It's the Predator Blood that also neutralizes the Xenomorph Acid blood. Toss in the 75 foot jumps and what not, if you are in 6e you want to make sure to include some super leap and some levels for climbing that sort of thing.

You can also find much of the same info on Wikipedia as well as the various PredaFansites.

~Rex

I don't remember any 75 ft leaps in the movies, certainly Olympic level + leaps but not leaping small buildings by any means.

Doh, i forgot about the Pred blood neutralizing alien acid. Maybe that can be a resistance to acid in General. (This is detailed in some comics/novels) My theories on the Alien acid blood is that it is great for destroying metals, plastics and other in organics but does not work as well vs flesh. This can be shown in the movie: Aliens when some colonial Marines get burned by the acid in a few scenes but the Acid does not disolve their affected body parts (yet another reason why AVP: Requiem was retarded and not canon. Reference the scene where the hunter has his whole arm disolved after shooting a face hugger with a rifle.) In which case this would be a limitation on the Alien acid secretions rather than a power/advantage of the Predator.

I did not know about the Gland making them bezerk or the stronger females. It did not strike me that the predator went "Bezerk" in any of the films. Angry?..sure... out of control?...not really. i don't think that would get a disadvantage. In the 2nd film the predator actually was fleeing from the lone police officer that was getting the better of him, which does not strike me as something a bezerker would do. In the first film the Pred whittles down the resuce team to a more manageable size before attacking the rest as a group. What would be the trigger for a "bezerk rage" ?

My theory as to why Predators take off their masks in Certain circumstances: The first movie has the pred removing his mask before fighting mono a mono with Arnie. I believe that by doing so he suffered combat penalties so that he could fight this worthy opponent on a more personal level and to level the playing field. At this point the Predator only had his physical prowess and his bracer claws but Arnie was completely unarmed, both were somewhat injured.

Can I have copies for the character archive on my website?

I don't think I can attach files to this forum's e-mail. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you the Word Doc. I am also using Excel to build the powers.

I don't think I can attach files to this forum's e-mail. Send me your e-mail address and I will send you the Word Doc. I am also using Excel to build the powers.

It's in my signature. Or just google "Surbrook" and you'll find my site (which has an email link in it).

All the other info in that last post of mine is out of the Literary Bible. That's what a "house" or IP owner will give you if you wanted to actually write something official for the property. As for the leaping, that's easy for me but then I work in a field where I have to judge distance visually (not to mention the previous careers, heh), and in his Tree top scene in the first movie Predator is basically hopping anywhere from 6 to 10 times his body length, not to mention dropping down from even more distance as a casual landing.

The Kill Gland, which spikes their rage is the reason why you can goad a Predator into silly things like one on one fights and what not. Their entire culture has almost wiped itself out several times because of it. Frustration, being thwarted, Smashing one in the face with a tree, all good reasons for it to act up. It's like an adrenaline thing with them.

As for the mask coming off in the first movie. It wasn't working quite right, and Predators can Bite. That face plate plays a big part in the follow up comic as well.

~Rex

As a result of the primarily thermographic vision, I'd switch their vision mods -- automatically give them thermographic with all the bells and whistles, but take away the 'full-spectrum color' portion. All in all, I'm not sure how much of a disad that might or might not be, in addition to getting the thermo for free...

[font=Courier New][size=2]PREDATOR [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font][u][font=Courier New][size=2]VAL CHA Cost[/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]Total Roll Notes [/size][/font][/u][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]23  STR  13   23    14- HTH Dmg 4 1/2d6 END [2] 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]21  DEX  33   21    13- 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]25  CON  30   25    14- 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]25  BODY 30   25    14- 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]20  INT  10   20    13- PER Roll 13- 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]15  EGO  10   15    12- 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]30  PRE  20   30    15- PRE Attack: 6d6 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]0   COM  -5    0     9-
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]5   PD    0    5        5 PD  [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]5   ED    0    5        5 ED  [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]4   SPD   9    5        Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]10  REC   0   10 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]50  END   0   50 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]50  STUN  5   40  
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]10  RUN   8   10m       END [1] 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]2   SWIM  0    2m       END [1] 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]4   LEAP  2    4m       4m forward, 2m upward 
[b]CHA Cost: 150[/b][/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2][b][u]Cost [/u][u]POWERS[/u][/b]  [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]22   Helmet/suit: Life-support  system: Self contained breathing +10, Safe environment All: +9, Immune  Disease/Bio+10, Immune all       chemicals +10; OIF (-1/2), difficult to  replace (-1/4)
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]4   Helmet: Heat Vision:  Infrared Perception (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2),  Difficult to replace (-1/4)
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]4   Helmet: Night vision (Sight  Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]8   Helmet: Penetrating thermal  vision: N-Ray vision (Sight Group) blocked by insulating or dense  materials; Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]4   Helmet: Ultra Vision:  Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2),  Difficult to replace (-1/4)
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]4   Helmet: Visual light  spectrum vision: Enhanced sense +2 PER to reduce sight penalties from  unusual lighting conditions (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF  (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]8   Helmet: Targeting Laser:+3  OCV with Plasma cannon. 3 X 5pt CSL only; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to  replace (-1/4)

[/size][/font]   [font=Courier New][size=2]8   Helmet: Armor 5PD / 5 ED,  the helmet is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

[/size][/font]   [font=Courier New][size=2]4   Helmet: Universal  Translator Speech; IIF (-0.25),Diff to replace (-0.25)
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]5   Medical Kit: Healing 2d6 :  IIF (-1/4), Extra time: 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Requires paramedics role  (-1/2), 6 charges (-3/4)
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]10   Clinging (10pts) 1D6 KB  resist, represents climbing ability inherent to race.
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]8   Faster Running: +4” running
[/size][/font]   [font=Courier New][size=2] 2   Agile Leap: +2” of leap
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]17   [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]Right Bracer: 1D6+1 HKA STR + HKA = 2.5 D6 damage; Armor  piercing (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)
[/size][/font]   [font=Courier New][size=2]8   Right Bracer: Armor 5PD / 5  ED, the bracer is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]15   [b]EC: Powered Devices[/b]
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]5   Slot#1: Left Bracer:  Cloaking Device: Invisibility to sight group ; Reduced Endurance 0 END  (+1/2); IIF difficult to replace ( -1/2)
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]10   Slot#2: Left Bracer: Self  Destruct Device: 10D6 Energy Blast; Explosion (+1/2); Mega scale  (1"=100M  +1/4); No Range (-1/2); OIF: Left bracer difficult to replace  (-1/2), Gestures: to activate (-1/2) and 2 hands require (-1/2);  Charges: 1 charge (-2), Non recoverable (-2); Lockout: Cannot use other   powers in EC while destruct activated; Extra time: bomb counts down 5  minutes before destruction (-?)
[b]POWERS Cost: 146[/b][/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2][b][u]Cost[/u] [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]:
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Acrobatics 13-      
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Analyze 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Break fall 13-      
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]2   KS: Alien Species 11-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]2   KS:Predator Culture 11-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Mimicry 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]2   Navigation 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]2   Survival: Tropical 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]2   Survival: Arctic 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]2   Survival: Mountains 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]2   Survival: Urban 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   System Operations 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Tracking 13-
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]Everyman:
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   Acting 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   Climbing 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   Concealment 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   Computer Programming 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   Deduction 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   Native Lang. 4pts no literacy 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Paramedics 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   Persuasion 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   PS: Hunter 11-      
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Shadowing 13-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]3   Stealth 13-      
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   TF. Mil  Spacecraft 8-
[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2]0   AK: Home world 8-
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2][b]SKILLS Cost: 41[/b] [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2][b][u]Cost:[/u] [u]PERKS[/u][/b]   [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]2    Fringe Benefit: Member of the Tribe. Includes access to  predator technology and starships. 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]10    Tribal Vehicle/Base:  Each member of the tribe contributes to a starship that serves as both a  base and means of transportation. 
[b]PERKS Cost: 12[/b][/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]

[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2][b][u]Cost:[/u] [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]   [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]3    Bump of Direction
[/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]3    Resistance: +3 to Ego  skill roll to resist interrogation only
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2][b]TALENTS Cost: 6[/b] [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]

[/size][/font]  [font=Courier New][size=2][b][u]Value[/u] [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]  [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]10    Distinct. Feature: 8' +  Tall Alien humanoid. Easy Conceal with Cloaking device +5, Ext.Com  react: Fear+10. Not distinctive to other of same race/society -5
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]15    Distinct. Feature:  Spirit world disturbance, not concealable +15,ext.React:10, unusual  sense-10: those who can sense magic or spirits feel something unnatural  is present if not exactly where.
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]20    Hunted: U.S. Gov.  Division 13 Spec ops. Occasion 8- , more powerful+15, NCI +5,  imprison/kill -0
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]15    Physical. Limitation:  Naturally more sensitive to the orange spectrum of visible light,  without Helmet enhanced senses on an earth like world the following  penalties are suffered: -2 PER, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, penalties do not apply  on ship or on home world.
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]25    Psychological  Limitation: Code of the Hunter: Will not hunt children, pregnant women,  or unarmed opponents. Total +10 (-5 EGO roll to overcome), Very common  +15.  Penalty can be modified if predator decides to fight at a  disadvantage..i.e. Removing helmet or throwing down some weapons but  only against a worthy opponent.
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]20    Psychological  Limitation: Obsessed with trophy collecting. When attacking a group of  worthy opponents the predator will hunt one and retreat with corpse. If  denied the corpse it will seek to steal that corpse before finding a new  prey to hunt. When attacking a group of lesser opponents may kill all  opponents first before collecting trophies (treats group as one worthy  opponent.) Strong+5, Very common+15 
[/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]5    Social Limitation:  Hierarchy of Hunters: A hunter must obey and respect the decisions of  the stronger hunters. Precedence based on a combination of one on one  duels, trophies collected, and prestige.  Occasional +5, Major effect  +5, only in Predator Society -5
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2][b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 110[/b]  [/size][/font][font=Courier New][size=2]
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]Base Pts:            245
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]Exp Required:          0 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]Total Exp Available:   0 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]Exp Unspent:           0 
[/size][/font] [font=Courier New][size=2]Total Character Cost: 
[/size] [/font]

just to make it more readable

Pretty decent. STR seems a little low to me though. ghost archer's 30 seems more in line. He was way stronger than Arnie in the 1st movie who's got to be at least a 20. He did lift the rear of that truck in one scene.

Seconded. 5 more points on STR seem right. (which would make it 28)

I probably wouldnt go with Climbing being a Familiarity only. They seemed to naturally good at it.